Status: Fin.

Adopted Imprint

Part 38

~Dream~
I wake up on the couch and everything is kinda gloomy and foggy. I rub my eyes hoping that would help but it stays the same. As I look around, the couch is the only piece of furniture in the living room. I walk through the rest of the house and every room is empty. I walk to the front door and open it. I shield my eyes from the brightness as I step out of the house. My shoes crunch the snow as it slowly falls. As my vision adjusts to the brightness, I look back to the house and watch as it fades. I quickly turn back around and I'm no longer in the familiar area of La Push. Instead, I'm outside of Edward and Bella's cottage. "Wha-?" I say out loud. I walk up the cobble stone path to the front door and walk in. As I step out of the snow and into the room, the fire place is blazing away in the corner. I look around and it's filled with boxes and trunks and random pieces of furniture. They used to belong to my family. As I walk through the living room, I notice an envelope on the table in the kitchen. I walk over to it and read the front of it.

'Samantha' I pick it up and pull out a piece of notebook paper that has been folded nicely. I open it and look at the familiar writing that belongs to my mom. There isn't a message or some sort of letter...just one simple sentence. 'The answers you seek: Edward and Bella.' I flip the paper over to see if I'd missed something. I read the sentence over again and again.

"What the hell does that mean?" I'm completely talking to myself now. I place the paper and envelope back onto the table and sit. Maybe I'm supposed to talk to them. But how can I do that when they barely answer their phone anymore. The only way I'd be able to get my answers would be to visit them. THAT'S IT!!! I'LL GO VISIT THEM!!!! Now...I just gotta figure out how to wake up. I pinched my arm several times but didn't feel anything. Of course I didn't...it's a dream stupid! I looked around the room and sighed. I start to hear faint crying from somewhere. It's my babies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My eyes open and I'm in the living room. That dream had to be a sign or something. I'm gonna have to go see them...I'm gonna do it tonight. I jump up off the couch and run to the nursery to see Loki awake with tear filled eyes. I pick him up and look at the clock on the wall, 5:34. WOW! I was out for two hours. That dream didn't even seem like it lasted ten minutes. Embry should be home soon and it's Wednesday so that means the boys will be coming over for dinner. Emily and I have decided to take turns feeding them since Kim can't really cook. She gets Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays while I get Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Everyone usually either gets together at her house or mine on Sundays as a family dinner type thing. I bring Loki into the kitchen and put him in his play pin then turn on some music and hand him some toys. I make my way toward the stove and start to make dinner. I pull everything out that I need to make fried chicken and get to work. As I cook, I'm singing along with the songs that play on the radio. Mika wakes up twenty minutes later, so I grab her and put her in the play pin with Loki before I get back to cooking. The boys still have a big appetite so I make a lot of chicken, a large pot of mashed potatoes, some mac 'n' cheese, veggies, cole slaw and a salad. Just as I'm finishing the last few pieces of chicken, horns starts to honk. "Daddy and the guys are here." I say smiling at my babies. The front door opens as I flip the chicken then the house is filled with laughter and loud voices.

"Smells good!!!" several of them say. A second later, Embry walks in followed by Paul, Jake, Jared, Brady, Seth and Collin. Quil must be with Claire since Emily has her today.

"Hey baby." Embry smiles coming over to me.

"Hey, how was work?" I ask as the guys slip their shoes off and plop into the chairs around the table.

"Good...went by pretty slowly. There's my rugrats." I look over to see him picking them both up out of the play pin and kisses both of them on the cheek.

"Did you guys finish that Ford?" I place one of the pieces of chicken on the plate and flip the other one.

"Yeah...after Paul slammed his hand under the hood. Funniest thing ever to hear him scream like a bi-" I quickly turn to glare at him. I've been trying to keep the guys from cursing around the babies since they can start to pick up on words but every now and then it slips and I understand that. "Like a girl." he quickly corrects himself.

"It wasn't that funny stupid...it hurt like h-e-double hockey sticks." Paul's way of saying the word hell makes me bust out laughing. As the last piece finishes, I put it on the plate and smile.

"Would you guys mind setting the table?" I ask. Everyone gets up and helps out while I place the food in the center of the table. I place Loki and Mika in their highchairs in the corner of the room. They all sit at the table and start to dig in. I grab Mika and Loki's baby food then start to feed them. I listen to the guys chat about random stuff and butt in every now and then.

"So Sam, have you heard from any of THEM yet?" Collin asks.

"No but before I started cooking I fell asleep on the couch and had the weirdest dream." I pulled my eyebrows together remembering it.

"What was it about?" A piece of chicken falling out of Embry's mouth and onto his shirt as he speaks. I snicker as I watch him look down out it, pick it up and put it in his mouth. I proceed to tell them about it and they all seem confused.

"The answers you seek? Edward and Bella? What the hello is that supposed to even mean?" Jared asked.

"Maybe it was a sign telling me to talk to them. Which brings me to my next part...I was thinking...since they won't answer their phones or anything...maybe I'd go up there and see them. If I show up they can't just turn me away. I mean it had to mean something." I looked at Embry as I put a spoon full of food into Mika's mouth.

"Babe it was just a dream."

"But what if it wasn't? What if I'm supposed to go to them to figure out why I haven't heard from my mom and dad? They say they don't know anything but from what Jake says, they act strange every time he mentions my name. They have to know something is up...but if they don't then it was just a dream." I explain.

"She's right Em." Paul chimes in before shoveling some mashed potatoes into his mouth.

"When did you wanna go?" he asks putting the bone from the chicken onto his plate and taking a drink of his pop.

"Tonight after dinner. If I wait to go tomorrow, I won't be able to sleep. I figured if I went tonight...I could use the Christmas gifts as an excuse, also Jake can go with so if the gift excuse fails he can be a back up."

"Well...don't I feel used." everyone busts out laughing. "That is actually a good idea...I was gonna go see Nessie tomorrow anyways. I don't think they would mind if I showed up early."

"So...what do you think?" I ask wiping Loki's mouth before looking at him. He looked at me for a second and sighed in defeat. He knows I'm not gonna drop this until I figure out what is going on.

"Ok, that's OK. You guys wanna crash here tonight? I can take you boys to school tomorrow." Embry says looking at Seth, Brady and Collin. The rest of them dropped out but Sam is forcing the three of them to go.

"Sure." they all agree. I get up and walk over to him.

"Thank you." I smile kissing his chicken flavored lips. Dinner goes by quickly after that. Jared heads home to Kim while Paul goes to get Rachael. The guys volunteer to clean up the kitchen for me while I get the kids bathed again and into their pajamas. When they are done, Embry gets them and takes them to the living room while I get ready to go. I grab the presents and my purse before walking out into the living room. I don't wanna waste a single second, so I'm kinda rushing around. I pull my shoes on by the front door before looking at Jake. "Ready?" I ask.

"Yep, I'll be out in the car." I walk over to Embry and kiss him on the lips roughly.

"BE CAREFUL!!" he demands.

"I'll be back in one piece before you know it." I smile kissing him again and kiss the babies. "See you later...have fun." I hurry out to the car and we take off a few minutes later.

The whole ride there we're talking and laughing and joking and singing along with the songs on the radio. Before I know it, Jake is giving me directions to their house. Twenty minutes later I'm grabbing the bag that has the gifts in it and follow Jake up to the front door. He knocks twice quickly and walks in. "Bells? Nessie?" he calls into the house. It's just like the cottage except a lot bigger and set up differently. I instantly think back to the dream.

"JAKEY!!!" Renesmee comes bolting out of one of the rooms and straight to him. He picks her up and hugs her.

"Hey Nessie."

"Jake, we weren't expecting you until tomo-" Bella stops short as she walks out into the hallway and looks at me.

"Bella?" Edward's voice echoes through the house. He appears next to her as they both look at me. "Sami?" his voice is shocked, saddened, happy and confused at the same time.

"Uncle Eddy!!" I smile walking up to him and giving him a hug. It takes him a minute to react but he finally does and lifts me up off the ground before he spins me around.

"What are you doing here?" he asks placing me back on my feet, only to be pulled into a hug by Bella.

"Can't I come see my family who can't return phone calls, texts or emails? Wow, Nesmee! You're getting so big." I smile picking her up. Before they left she came up to just below my hip but now she is above it. Instead of looking like she is one she looks like she is six or seven.

"I missed you Mantha." she smiles giving me a hug.

"So, why did you drive up all this way?" Edward asks.

"Could we go into the living room or something?" I asked.

"Of course." Bella grabbed my hand gently and led me into a large room with a fire place and a large bay window.

"Oh, these are for you, Edward and Nesmee." I smile handing her the bag of gifts. She takes them and puts them under the tree. Renesmee had pulled Jake to her room so it's just the three of us. I sit down on the small couch and they take the love seat.

"Will you answer us now?" Bella asks impatiently. I smile then sigh before I tell them everything. How I haven't heard from mom or dad, that I hardly hear from any of them, what Jake told me about them acting weird when he mentions my name and then I get to the dream. I tell them everything that happened and how the note told me that the answers I seek would come from them.

"I thought it was a sign or something. Like it was telling me to come talk to you both, so that's why I am here. Do you know why I haven't heard from mom or dad?" I asked. They look at each other for a minute or two. I can see their lips moving so I know they are talking about something. Edward gets up and starts to leave. I watch as he leaves the room leaving Bella and I to look at each other. "Where'd he go?"

"He went to get something for you." Sadness etching her features and sorrow dripping from her voice. Seconds later Edward returned carrying two small envelopes in his hands.

"These are for you." he walked over to me and handed me the envelopes. I take them and look at them for a second. On one it says my name in mom's writing and on the other says the same thing but in dad's. "We'll give you some privacy." he whispers as he and Bella leave the room. I open mom's first.