Status: Fin.

Adopted Imprint

Part 4

When I opened my eyes, I was facing my clock. I reached a tired hand over to it and tapped the top to light it up, '9:25'. I tried to go back to sleep but when I opened my eyes again it was only 9:40. Knowing there was no chance of me going back to sleep, no matter how tired I was, I decided to get up. I slowly got out of bed and sluggishly made my way to the bathroom where I did my business. As I washed my hands, I looked up into the mirror and groaned. "Well don't I look attractive?" I sarcastically said running a wet hand over my face and hair. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and yawned. I made my way out of my room and headed downstairs.

"Sam?" I turned around to see my grandma smiling at me with a confused look.

"Oh, hi grandma." I smiled weakly.

"Hey sweetie...did you sleep good?" she asked as I walked over to her slowly.

"Ehh...yea just not long enough." I laughed.

"Oh, well do you want something to eat? It's just me here, everyone else is hunting." We looped arms and walked down the stairs.

"Sounds great...can I have some coffee?" I asked as we entered the kitchen.

"You? Coffee? But you hate it." Shock clearly expressed on her face.

"Yes, I have no energy and I need some." I sighed sliding into one of the stools at the island counter.

"Ok. I'll make a pot right now." I layed my head on my arms which were folded and laying on the counter as she moved around. I smelled bacon and coffee in a matter of seconds. "Coffee is done. How do you want it?" she asked pouring some into a cup.

"I don't know yet." I answered lifting my head up as she placed it in front of me. I took it into my hands and took a sip. As soon as it hit my throat, I gagged. "Bleeech...sugar." I gagged sitting it down. I grabbed the sugar cubes on the other side of the counter and added two or three. I stirred it and took another sip. This time it didn't taste that bad. "That's better." I smiled taking another drink. Before the food was done, I had another cup.

"How's that coffee?" she asked smiling at me.

"Ehh..I could get to like it." I smiled taking a larger drink.

"Well...like it with the food, it's done." she slid a plate in front of me and I smiled.

"Smells delish." I smiled taking a bite of the bacon, and of course it was. While I ate she cleaned up the kitchen and we talked about little things. "So Irina and Kate got into a fight over a bear." I laughed telling her about one of their many fights before taking another drink. Man, I don't know why I never liked coffee.

"So, when they didn't end it Tonya jumped in and killed it?" she asked rolling her eyes and laughing. "That figures." She snickered putting the plate in front of me.

"Oh yeah." I replied taking a bite and quickly eating it. After she took the empty plate, I slid off the stool and walked to the coffee pot and filled the cup again. "Man I love coffee." I giggled putting it back.

"Honey, that's your third cup." she laughed rinsing my plate.

"I know...it's so good." I replied looking out the window. "I'm gonna sit outside." I walked to the sliding glass door and walked out onto the deck. As I held the cup in one hand and closed the door with the other, I looked at the trees before me. I slowly make my way to the step and sit down with my coffee in hand. As I sit in the light mist, I take a sip and keep my eyes glued on the scenery in front of me. As a slight breeze blew through the trees I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I sat outside for about an hour before going back inside for more coffee. I chugged this one and grabbed another glass. Then another. I eventually ended up drinking the entire pot which consisted of nine cups. When I finished the last glass, a sensation hit me hard and I ran up to my bathroom. After doing what I needed to do I felt so much better, so energized. I ended up turning my music onto some upbeat indie music and trying on different clothes. I decided to play dress up with myself. I made an outfit that looked like it was from the 80s. Danced around my room in the different outfits and taking random pictures. When I got bored with that I put everything back up and decided to go to the living room. I turned the music off and ran to the stairs where I slid down the railing. As I got to the main floor I ran in and turned the tv onto some music in there and started singing along with the songs and dancing.

"What...are you doing?" I spun around to see Esme looking at me with a smile on her face.

"Dancing...wanna join me?" I asked smiling.

"I'm good...I was actually gonna see if you wanted to go shopping with me?" she asked watching me dance.

"Sure, just let me get dressed." I cut the music video off and tossed the remote on the couch before running up to my room. I ran into my closet and started picking out and outfit. Once I was dressed, I brushed my hair, teeth and added a little make up before grabbing my purse. "Ready." I smiled when I walked into the garage where she was waiting. We got in and headed to Port Angeles for our shopping day. The two of us walked around for a few hours buying a bunch of stuff. I was all over the place, running on a caffeine high. I have never had this much energy before, especially when I got less than five hours of sleep.

"Sami...please slow down." Esme laughed behind me as we walked into a vintage clothing store.

"Oh wow!! Look at this place...they have awesome stuff." I smiled looking at the stuff hanging on the rack. As I looked around with Esme, I found several things that mom and Alice would love. Especially Alice. They looked like they would be from when she was human, the early 20s.

"Alice had a dress just like that when we first met her. It was one of her many favorites." Esme smiled looking over my shoulder. "She found it a couple years ago...she couldn't believe she actually wore it." I snickered as I could imagine Alice saying that. We rummaged around for a while longer and bought several things before we decided to leave. I bought some shoes, several vintage shirts and some accessories. "We have some much stuff." she smiled as we took these bags to the car. The trunk was full of stuff we got earlier. Esme got several paintings that she loved, some vases, statues and small things for the house which filled the trunk. The back seat was filled with bags of clothes.

"Can we got to Victoria's Secret? I wanna get some stuff for mom and dad's anniversary since it's coming up."

"Sure, that should be fine." she smiled. We locked up the car and headed there were I got a few sexy outfits that my mom would kill me for getting but would love nonetheless. After that we headed back to the house and unloaded the car of everything. I carried my twenty-five bags up to my room in a matter of three loads while Esme had her fifty bags unloaded and everything in place in that amount of time. I put my new clothes away and put my new cds with the rest of my music. "Hey, Sam...these were with my stuff." she said walking into my room with the picture frames I had gotten.

"Oh thanks." I smiled taking them and putting them on my desk temporarily.

"Did you have room for all your stuff?" she asked sitting on my bed.

"Yep, although I might need another shelf for my shoes." I smirked taking my scarf off.

"HELLO?" Alice's voice echoed through the house.

"AHHH ALI!!!!" I yelled running out of my room and through the house looking for her. I finally found her and everyone else in the living room. "Ali, Ali, Ali, guess what! Guess what!" I smiled jumping up and down.

"What?" she laughed.

"Esme and I went to Port Angeles and went shopping and I got a ton of new clothes and I also saw a dress that looks like one of your many favorites that you had when you were human and then we went to Victoria's Secret where I got mom some lingerie for hers and dad's anniversary and I also got some picture frames...oh before that I played dress up by myself." I managed to say in one breath while jumping up and down.

"What...are you...on?" Jasper asked laughing at me.

"What you see here is the effect of four hours of sleep and nine cups of coffee." Esme laughed.

"You only got four hours of sleep?" Mom asked.

"I couldn't sleep anymore for some reason so I decided to get up."

"Nine cups of coffee? Since when do you drink coffee?" Dad asked shocked.

"Since I had no energy this morning and felt sluggish which I didn't like so I drank the entire pot." I smiled dancing around them all.

"Has she been like this all day?" Edward asked.

"Yep, it was worse this morning before we left. She was dancing around the living room and singing at the top of her lungs." Esme laughed.

"Before that I danced around my room and put together an 80s outfit....do you wanna see?" I gasped.

"I'm kinda scared." Alice answered. "But, yes I do."I smiled and grabbed her hand.

"Let's see how much of Alice rubbed off on you." Jasper said following us as I led them to my room.

"Ok, wait here...I'll be right back." I smiled running to my bathroom and closed the door. I went into my closet and quickly grabbed the stuff I had used. It took me a matter of five minutes to get dressed. I opened my bathroom door a crack and looked out. "Can someone put on 'Girls just wanna have fun?" I asked. A few seconds later the music started and I waiting for the chorus then came out dancing. I knew a few dance moves they did in the 80s and tried my best to do them.

"That is so cute." Alice smiled walking over to me. "I'm proud to call you my niece." She grabbed my hands and started dancing with me. Soon everyone was dancing and doing silly dance moves like the pee-wee herman, cabbage patch, some disco moves and etc. Edward wasn't one for dancing but he was throwing some great moves. When the song ended we all stopped dancing and laughed. After a few hours I finally finished and put everything away when Esme called me down for dinner. After I was done eating, I sat in the living room watching a movie with everyone and eventually crashing hard on the couch next to Dad.