Status: Fin.

Adopted Imprint

Part 6

After about a week of being in Forks, I'd managed to memorize the town, trash my room, gain about fifty more pictures from Renesmee and fall down the stairs due to wet shoes. I didn't get hurt, except a bruise on my butt and elbow. Jacob has come over a few times to hang out with Renesmee. It's totally weird that a grown man...wants to hang out with a baby, Bella is his best friend but when he is with Renesmee, they hardly talk. Yesterday I was sitting on the couch watching the Wiggles with her and he came over. He kept her in his lap the entire time and kept staring at her which was creepy because it wasn't a normal look. It was more intense...like how couples look at each other, like he is in love with her. Every time Renesmee catches him looking at her, she pokes him in the eyes which I find absolutely hilarious because even babies don't like to be stared at. When I ask Edward and Bella about it, they just shrug and say that it's something I wouldn't understand. I just nod and let it go but it still gives me the hee bee gee bees. Although things have been going great, things have also been weird. Everyone keeps meeting up with the wolves from La Push, they start whispering whenever I come into the room. I think they are hiding something from me. That's why I've decided to talk to them about it today which is why I am calling a family meeting, which we never do unless it serious. "What's on your mind Sami?" Mom asked.

"First off, will you all promise to be one hundred percent honest with me and not lie to me at all about anything?" I ask looking at them.

"Yes, we promise." Carlisle smiled.

"OK, now. Will someone tell me what's going on?"

"What do you mean?" Bella asked.

"The last few days, you've all been shady. Continuously leaving to meet with the wolves, and always whispering. When I walk in a room, conversation stops and turns to whispers." They all shifted uncomfortably in their seats.

"I don't know what you're talking about." dad spoke.

"Nuh-uh! You all promised to be honest and not lie to me. What is it about?" Nobody answered for a minute until Carlisle sighed.

"We've run into a problem that involves the Volturi." When he said their name my mouth popped open and I kinda...jerked from shock.

"What about them?"

"They seem to think that...Nessie...is an immortal child." Edward answered. My eyes darted to the sleeping girl in Bella's arms.

"Immortal child? Why the heck would they think that?" I asked. They told me all the stories and legends that roamed around the vampire world so when they told me that I was on the edge of freaking out. It's said that if an immortal child is to ever exist then it is to be destroyed immediately along with anyone who has concealed the child.

"Irina." Edward whispered.

"Irina? What does she have to do with this?" I asked confused.

"A few weeks ago...Bella was in the woods with Renesmee and Jake. Bella saw Irina at the top of a hill, before she could talk to her she ran off." Dad said.

"And I had a vision that she was going to the Volturi...she thinks she saw 'an immortal child'." Alice whispered.

"Are you sure it was Irina? It doesn't sound like something she would do." I asked trying to defend her.

"I'm absolutely sure it was her."

"So what now?" I asked plopping down onto the chair behind me.

"We have a few weeks before the Volturi arrive. We've decided to travel around, asking our friends to come and witness that Renesmee isn't an immortal child." Carlisle's voice was soft as he spoke.

"And if they don't believe? Then what? We can't just offer her up...we can't just..." Tears filled my eyes at the thought of them killing Renesmee or anyone in my family.

"That's not going to happen." Edward spoke from his place next to Bella. I looked at him as a tear left my eye.

"It's going to be OK Sami. We've thought this out and it's a solid plan." Mom stood from the couch and walked over to me.

"Has anyone told Kate or Tonya about Irina going to the Volturi?" I asked leaning against her as she wrapped an arm around me.

"Not yet...we will do that when they arrive. We're gonna leave Friday afternoon to gather witnesses." Jasper spoke.

"What am I supposed to do while you all are running around and dealing with the Volturi?"

"Well when the clans start to arrive you're obviously gonna have to be careful because they're not like us. You've met a few of them but others you haven't. When it is time to deal with the Volturi, you will stay here." Mom said.

"Until then, am I free to do whatever?" I asked.

"Within reason." I nodded my head and sat back against the chair. Everyone went about their business for a while. I sat in the chair and listened to my iPod, singing silently to myself. I eventually made my way up toward my room, where I decided to dance around for a while. I ended up getting really bored after that and started thinking of things to do but all I could think off was the Volturi. I decided to take a shower and watch a movie in my room. Half-way through the movie there was a knock at my door.

"Come in." I pause the movie and sit up on my bed.

"Hey, she just woke up and wants to sleep with you. Is that ok?" Bella asked.

"Of course. It only makes sense that the only two people who sleep in this house share a bed." I smile scooting over.

"Hi, Mantha...what are you doing?" Renesmee asked climbing over to me.

"Watching Finding Nemo. Have you ever seen it?" I ask her as Bella leaves the room.

"Yes, my favorite fishy is Dory. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming." she copied the movie word for word making me laugh.

"I like Dory too." I hit play and we start to watch the movie. She ends up cuddling up to me and falling asleep before the movie is over. When it ends I shut everything off and roll over so I'm facing her. The room is dark except the light coming in from the moon. Just as I'm about to fall asleep, her little hand reaches to my cheek and images flash in my head. Her, Bella and Jacob are in the woods. Then she shows Irina looking at them and run off. As she pulls her hand away I blink my eyes as my vision returns to normal and I look at her.

"Did I do something wrong?" her little voice asked.

"No."

"Then why are mean people coming to hurt us?" she asked. She was too young to understand what was going on, that really freaked me out.

"Nobody is going to get hurt...I promise." I push a couple curls from her face and pull her toward me. My little cousin, who isn't even a year old, is worried about dying. That's just not right. We eventually fall asleep in the darkness of my room.