Status: Fin.

Adopted Imprint

Part 7

"Why the hell isn't she back yet? It shouldn't take this long for her." I ask pacing around the living room. Alice and Jasper have been gone for hours. We have no idea what is going on or where they are. Everyone was supposed to leave to gather witnesses for the whole Volturi thing tomorrow and they have disappeared.

"You don't think she would have seen someone coming for her do you?" Edward asked from the window he was looking out.

"I followed their scent and it led passed the treaty line. Maybe the wolves know something." Dad suggested.

"I'll call Jake." Bella pulled out her phone and was talking to Jacob in the background.

"What if...she saw something awful happen so she ran away with Jasper? So they wouldn't have to be here."

"If she would have, I would have seen it." Edward spoke just before his phone started ringing. He pulled it out of his pocket and answered it. "Oh, Sam." "Yes, that's fine." "What is it?" "Ok, see you then." he hung up the phone just as Bella came into the room.

"Jake says that he doesn't know anything but is on his way to help...who was that?" she asked looking at Edward just as we all were.

"That was Sam...Alice left us something. They are on their way now." As we all prepared for their arrival I sat with Renesmee on the floor and played with her. I let her do my hair into different styles with her clips.

"Pretty." she squealed making everyone look at me. Suddenly everyone stiffened and Carlisle opened the door just in time as seven shirtless guys walked through the door. As I looked at them, I couldn't help but gawk. They were ripped. Bodies that would make you drool. There was one that looked incredibly bangable. His face was set in a hard expression as he stood in the front.

"Sam, thank you for coming here. What is that you have to tell us?" Edward asked.

"Right after midnight, Alice and Jasper came to the treaty line and asked permission to cross our land to the ocean. I granted them that and escorted them to the coast myself. They went immediately into the water and did not return. As we journeyed, Alice told me it was of the utmost importance that I say nothing to Jacob about seeing her until I spoke to you. When I did speak to you I was to give you this note. She told me to obey her as if all our lives depended on it." The one named Sam spoke. Why would they go into the ocean? I didn't understand. He handed Carlisle a piece of paper that he read.

"Alice has decided to leave us," Carlisle whispered loud enough for me to hear. I shot up from my spot and gasped.

"Wh-what?" My whole body was shaking. I just lost two members of my family. He began to read it again, this time loud enough for me to hear.

'Don't look for us. There isn't time to waste. Remember: Tanya, Siobhan, Amun, Alistair, all the nomads you can find. We'll seek out Peter and Charlotte on our way. We're so sorry that we have to leave you this way, with no goodbyes or explanations. It's the only way for us. We love you." As he finished reading, tears were running down my face. Bella had picked up Renesmee from the floor seconds before he finished. I turned and quickly walked into the kitchen before I had a break down. As they continued their conversation in the living room, I sat at the counter and tried to calm down. I decided to cook something to calm my nerves down, cooking was a good way to calm down for me...sex was too but I doubt I could get any here. As I started to cook lasagna a sob left my lips thinking about how they just abandoned us. I put it into the oven and sit at the table. I take my phone out and text Alice.

'How could you leave us like that Alice? You both leave without a goodbye. I've never lost anyone before and now I've lost 2 very important to me. I really hope there was a reason and that you're fine. I love you both. Xoxo' I set my phone down on the table and pray that she will text me back. As minutes tick by, I realize...she's not. I stay at the table and stare at the floor until the buzzer goes off. Walking to the stove I grab the oven mits and I pull the food out of the oven then cut some out. After I eat, I walk back into the living room where everyone is sitting around, even the wolves. One of them is looking at me kinda weird.

"Why are you looking at me?" I asked looking in his eyes. At that second it was like I was floating. It was like we were the only people in the room and gravity was pulling me toward him at the same time. I felt so much love, compassion, and loyalty. Out of the corner of my eyes I saw everyone looking from me to the guy and back. I vaguely heard Edward speak then everything was chaos.

"What?" Mom hissed. "You imprinted on my daughter!?!" she yelled.

"I DIDN'T DO IT BY CHOICE!" the guy yelled.

"What's an imprint?" I asked trying to be louder than them. Mom and him were face to face growling at each other with Sam and Carlisle between them.

"Rosalie...calm down. You don't want Sami getting hurt do you?" he asked. She looked at him for a second then shook her head and calmed down. "Let's talk about this rationally." he said looking between the wolves and the family. "Sam, would you explain to Samantha what imprinting is?" Carlisle asked.

"Imprinting is something that happens to us wolves. Our legends have said that there is one person in the whole world that is created to be our soul mates. Our other half. We are destined to be with that person and when we meet her everything changes. We'd change ourselves to be anything for her, we'd do anything for that person. When we imprint it's like...it's like gravity is no longer holding you down to the earth...it's her. We would go to the ends of the earth to make her happy. We would do anything to protect her even if it meant losing our lives. When it happens we have no control on when it happens, how it happens or who it happens on, like Embry was saying." Sam explained. Everyone looked at me, waiting for my reaction. I was kinda speechless. Shocked in a way that would probably never wear off. My mouth hung open slightly and I couldn't take my eyes off of Embry.

"Sam?" Esme's voice whispered next to me. It wasn't until I felt a cold hand on my arm that I realized what was going on. I pulled my eyes from him and looked around the room. "Sam, are you ok?" she asked. I looked at Embry once and ran passed them and out the door they had come in. I heard feet behind me and speed up.

"I'm sorry...I didn't mean for it to happen." Embry says grabbing my arm, bringing me to a halt.

"Is this a sick joke?" I asked with a laugh.

"Imprinting is not a joke." Embry said.

"I don't even KNOW you!" I yelled in shock. "I've never met you before and you "imprint" on me? What is wrong with you?" I asked.

"We can't control who we imprint on, I had no control over it." Embry replied. "We're meant to be together."

"Just because you imprinted doesn't mean I'm gonna let her date a mutt." Mom hissed behind me.

"You can't control this and I'd watch the insults if I were you leech." Once again...they were face to face. Sam put his hand on Embry's shoulder as I stepped between them, glaring at Embry.

"Don't talk to my mom that way! That is one thing I will NOT tolerate, disrespect to my family." I glared pointing a finger at him. He was visibly shaking but I could care less. I've lived with vampires my entire life, grew up around them and seen what they can do...I'm not scared of this child in front of me.

"She was the one who threw the first insult." he growled looking at me.

"I don't care. She is my mother and nobody disrespects her like that...imprinter or not and just because you imprinted on me doesn't mean I want this. I wanna be able to choose my own life, my own path and my own boyfriends. Just because you imprinted on me...doesn't mean I have to accept it."

"Samantha...you can't deny this." Jake said walking out of the trees with Seth.

"Jacob...please don't get in the middle of this, you don't know what you're talking about." I sigh rolling my eyes. I was expecting him to reply but everybody was suspiciously quiet. As I looked around everyone was looking at Jacob and Jacob was looking at...as I followed his gaze I gasped. As he looked at Renesmee, I realized that he looked at her the same way Embry has been looking at me. The imprint way. "You didn't." I gasp in horror.

"I did." he whispered smiling as Renesmee danced around the backyard in a princess dress. "The day she was born, it changed my life."

"That's disgusting...she is just a baby." I say in disgust.

"It's not in the same way Embry imprinted on you. The imprinting between us is like...I'm an older brother or a friend. I'll be here for her as she grows up and when she reaches an appropriate age, it will be up to her what happens." he replied smiling. I didn't know how to reply so I just stood in the middle of our yard looking around at everyone.

"Doesn't it creep you out?" I finally asked looking at Edward and Bella.

"At first...I hated the idea. I said the exact same thing you did, that she was just a baby. But as I saw how he was around her, I knew I could trust him with her. Plus, if it wasn't for him...some of us wouldn't be here." Bella answered. I pulled my brows together as confusion ran over my face.

"What-I don't understand. What do you mean?" I ask looking at my family.

"Before she was born and before Bella was changed...there was a...uh-misunderstanding." Carlisle spoke.

"What kind of a misunderstanding?"

"We had planned on killing her and anyone who had planned on getting in our way. At first we saw her as a creature that would bring death to the area. Some of us were...against it." Sam spoke. "Then Jake imprint on her and our most absolute law that we have never ignored, 'anyone a shifter imprints on, cannot be harmed.'" I stood there and put my hand on my head as it started to pound and hurt.

"Ok, you know what! I've had enough for tonight. You all can continue your conversation because I'm going to bed." I sigh turning and running back into the house. I run up to my room as fast as I can and lock my bedroom door. As I pass my window, I catch a glance of everyone looking up at my room. I look at Embry and grunt in frustration. I hated the idea of being tied down. I didn't want this and I wasn't going to accept it. As I thought that I felt my heart jump a few times in my chest making me gasp. I felt guilty for thinking it. I close my curtains and groan before letting out a loud scream of frustration. I change into my pajamas and climb into bed.