Status: Active!

It Must Be Love

An elderly lady that smelled like soup.

Hollie's POV
Being trapped in this loony bin was ridiculous. It was only my second day and I was going insane. The guys had to continue the tour (though they had asked about twenty times if I wanted them to stay) and had left a few hours ago. I was already bored out of my mind and was never left alone by the nurses, doctors, therapists, and of course, my mother. For lunch and breakfast the nurses put a disgusting hospital meal in front of me and stared at me, waiting for me to eat it. And not to mention, they didn't leave until I finished the entire meal.
I didn't understand why I had to stay. Regardless of what I said, they had already labeled me as aneroxic and was stuck in the "disorders" wing of the hospital until they thought that I was "better".
My goal was to simply do as they say, nod my head when they told me something, and be a kiss-ass. When they let me go -- which I assumed would be soon -- I would just go back to my regular habits. Barely eating everyday and surviving on diet Pepsi and a piece of gum. I don't know why I did it, why I was supposedly this aneroxic patient. I had always struggled with self-confidence and eating, but I didn't think it was as much to be a disorder.
I was currently texting Jack, who had be noticeably down when he said his good-bye to me. So was Cassandra, which led me to believe something had happened.
To: Jack Attack Barakat
What happened between you and Casey?
Within seconds, Jack replied:
How'd you know?
I smirked. Though Jack and I technically weren't blood-related, we were close enough to be real siblings. I knew when he was sad or depressed, and knew when he had done something bad. Even more than anything, I knew when there were girl problems going on.
To: Jack Attack Barakat
I'm your little sis, I know everything. Now what happened?
A minute later, my phone buzzed again.
I caught her making out with Mike Gentile from Hey Monday. Apparently she had told him that me and her broke up and that she was looking to get over me. I broke up with her though.
I sighed, typing back my response. Though Cassandra was a close friend of mine, she was known for that type of thing. She wasn't a promising girlfriend and had cheated on the majority of her boyfriends.
To: Jack Attack Barakat
Aw, Jack-O. Don't worry about it. She's just a girl. And I hate to break it to you, Jack Attack, but Casey is known for cheating. You're a great guy that doesn't deserve that type of abuse from a girl. I'm sure everything will work out in the end.
My phone buzzed less than a second later. Expecting a reply from Jack, I was surprised when Chanel texted me.
HOLLIE! Did you hear about Jack and Cassandra?!
How was I not surprised? I had desperatly tried to get Chanel off of Jack, but it was no use. She was hopelessly in love with my step-brother -- just my luck.
To: Chay Roberts :)
Yeah, Jack told me. Chay, I know you're stoked about them breaking up but you gotta remember that Cassandra is our friend, and she's going through a break-up. I don't know if going after Jack is the best idea.
As I sent off that text to Chanel, I recieved a reply from Jack. This was getting a little confusing and annoying, texting the two at the same time, especially because of Chanel's crush on Jack.
Even though I really hate Casey for what she did, I miss her...but I need to move on.
I smiled. That was my Jack Attack!
To: Jack Attack Barakat
I agree, Jack-O :) So who are you thinking as your next victim?
Less than a second later, my phone buzzed with a new text from Chanel.
Hollie-Bear, let's be honest. Jack deserves a better girl than Cassandra and I really think that we could be cute together. Besides, what's the worst that Cassandra can do? Yell at me? Curse me out? It's less than likely she'll do anything.
That was the thing with Chanel -- once she had her mind set on something, there was no changing her mind. I knew Cassandra would do something; she was just plain catty. Besides that, Chanel and Cassandra hadn't always had the best relationship.
As I was lost in my thoughts, I recieved a new text from Jack.
Don't know...would you murder me if I told you that I think Chay's kinda cute?
My jaw dropped. All at the same time, I was happy for my best friend, but scared of what Cassandra would do. If I was a good friend to Chay, I would tell Jack that he should go for it. But if I was a good friend to Casey, I would tell him that it was a bad idea.
Texting both Chay and Jack the same thing, I wrote three words that could potentially make or break them:
Go for it.
~~~
After getting off the phone with John, I was wiped. The majority of the day had been spent doing a total of two things: talking to Jack, Chanel, and John, or being force fed by some stupid nurse.
"Okay Hollie, it's time for bed." Nurse Donna told me, smiling gently. "Good night."
I faked a smile back. Nurse Donna was an elderly lady that smelt like soup all the time. Oh yeah -- yet another thing that sucked about this place. I had a 10 o'clock curfew.
Nurse Donna made her way out of my room, turning the lights off. I sighed, tucking myself in and making myself close my eyes and lay down.
I couldn't help but choke out a sob as I wished that I was laying in my bunk with Alex...the guy that I was really in love with.
----------------------------------------------------------
Ah! Two months?! I'm so sorry! Absolutely unacceptable. This chapter sucks and is mostly about Chanel and Jack, but I PROMISE you it's gonna get better. Thanks for sticking with me and this story, guys! Love you all.