Status: Active!

It Must Be Love

She's not going to die in there.

Alex's POV
Being on tour without Hollie was hell, pure hell. I had tried numurous times to get Hollie to say "Can you stay with me?" at the hospital, but this was Hollie -- stubborn, independent Hollie.
Cassandra had left the tour after we said our good-byes to Hollie, while Chanel stayed with us and took Hollie's place as press manager. She wasn't exactly as good as Hollie, but at least it was someone.
"You guys have a radio interview in twenty minutes." Chanel announced, sitting down next to Jack. For getting out of a relationship two days ago, Jack had bounced back. Fast.
"In other words, that means get off your asses and follow me to the rental car." Matt said, following by a chorused of groans. Everyone, including myself, definitely didn't want to spend our off-day doing press. Last night we had had a show in Arizona -- The Maine's hometown. No matter how hard we had tried to make the show good, both bands sucked. John had no emotion to his voice and stood at his microphone the entire time. Pat was drumming weakly, and the show was carried by Jared, Garrett, and Kennedy. When we went on, it seemed that Rian and Zack were the only ones with emotion on stage. I just sang and played my guitar, thinking about Hollie the whole time. Jack stood in place, focusing on playing guitar. We were terrible.
"Hey Galaxy, lighten up!" Jack exclaimed, jumping on my back as we walked down the block to the car.
"Get off me, Jack." I muttered. It was raining, I missed Hollie, and I wasn't in the mood for Jack's hyperactive mood.
"Alex, Hollie is going to be fine. I talked to her last night. She's not going to die in there." Jack said, suddenly become extremely serious.
"Don't even say that, Jack. She said she was fine the first time, didn't she? Now look where she is. With a careless boyfriend that doesn't give a shit about if she's okay or not. In a hospital, where they're watching over her every move. Don't say that 'she's fine', because we all know that's a lie. We need to stop protecting ourselves and start protecting Hollie."
Jack stared at me for what seemed like hours. It felt as though the world had stopped. Rian, Zack, and Matt stayed close by, but didn't walk any further. They knew that if we went to the interview like this, things would get even uglier.
"Don't tell me what to do, Alex," Jack spat. "Hollie is my goddamn sister. You're not even her fucking boyfriend and you're more concerned than I am. You're just pissed that Hollie picked John over you, you insesitive asshole. Get over it already."
Jack pushed past me, climbing into the car.
"You okay?" Zack asked softly, putting his hand on my shoulder.
"Not really." I mumbled, rubbing my eyes frustraitely. What were the chances that Jack and I would get in a fight because of Hollie?

Hollie's POV
"Mhm, and how do you feel about that, Hollie?" Dr. Richard asked for about the tenth time in the past hour.
"I dunno. I think I'm improving with my eating." I lied, adding an extra smile. Dr. Richard smiled back. He was creepy, but at this point I didn't even care. I just needed to get out of this hellhole.
"That's good to hear, Hollie. Now, we really need to find the route of your disorder. When did you start starving yourself?"
I cringed. Had he really had to say those words to carefree? So harsh? Although I wasn't in denial as much as I was before about my "disorder", it still sucked to hear it.
I thought back to my early teenage years. 13, 14 years old. I was 13 when my dad left my mom and I. That's when I first started...starving myself.
"I was 13." I squeaked, my voice barely above a whisper. "My dad left me and my mom when I was 13. The night that he left...I as at a friend's house, in New York...where we were still living. I came back the next day, so happy. My mom didn't want to tell me, but when I asked her where he was, she just burst into tears. She finally said that he had left us because the pressure of a family was too much for him. I was numb. I didn't understand that if he could've handed the 'pressure' for 13 years already, what's another 13 years? I didn't go to school for the week after that. I just stayed in my room. I never left. I didn't eat or drink. And I guess...that's when it all started."
Dr. Richard nodded, writing down things on his notepad. "Did you continue starving yourself after that?"
I thought for a moment. After my dad had left, things had gotten a lot more rough. I started slacking with my schoolwork and my mom had trouble paying bills. She had a boring office job, where she met Jack's dad. Jack's dad was on a business trip and they started dating, then we moved down to Maryland. I was resistant about that but promised myself I wouldn't starve myself again. And then...there was John. Two years later.
"Yeah," I whispered, reliving the memories again. "Two years later. When my boyfriend and I broke up."
"Tell me about that." Dr. Richard said, becoming more intrugied.
"We were happy, but he lived in Arizona and I lived in Maryland. We broke up because the the long distance relationship was way too much for us. Well, for me anyways. I didn't get over the break-up for awhile...and I survived on a Diet Coke and piece of gum everyday." I didn't even notice the tears rolling down my cheeks until I choked out a sob.
"How did you get over it?"
I shrugged. "I didn't. I just got back together with him, but I don't know if I love him enough. There's another guy, though..."
"Another guy?" Dr. Richard leaned forward, writing something down on his notepad. Was I really spilling my guts to some therapist? Yeah, apparently I was.
"Yes," I said quietly. "He told me he loved me. But my step-brother, his best friend, told me that he's being...kind of a jerk lately. And I often wonder if I'm with the right guy, but hearing this about Alex...I don't know. There's just something about everything, it just seems to wrong."
"Hollie, I'll tell you one thing. You sure have a lot of problems in your life, but you can't let them consume you, let alone your eating habits. These boys...they're a simple obsticile in life, and you'll eventually get pass them. You have to keep your head up and think about the more important things. You have to take care of yourself, Hollie."
I nodded, looking down and wiping my tears. "I think our session is over." I said quietly.
Dr. Richard didn't respond; I simply got up from my seat and ran out of the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler! But at least you get to find out more about Hollie's life and where her disorder came from in the first place. It's a short one too, so I apologize for that. Anyways, thanks for reading and don't be a silent reader! <3