Status: Active!

It Must Be Love

It's not like that.

Hollie's POV
"How are you feeling, Hollie?" Nurse Donna asked me, offering a small smile.
"I'm okay." I replied quietly. I continued picking at the piece of chicken on my plate.
"Hon, you're going to have to eat that eventually. Or else we're not going to let your friends come visit you."
Nurse Donna was a kind soul, but she had to do what was necessary. However, what was "necessary", was stupid.
"I know." I muttered, cutting a piece of the chicken off and shoving it in my mouth.
"You'll be home soon, don't worry." Nurse Donna smiled.
"How do you know that?" I asked. Sure I was excited to see Jack and Chanel, but I wasn't in the mood for any fake optimism.
"Well," Nurse Donna began. "I heard Dr. Richard and Dr. Foreman talking about possibly releasing you in the near future. They said that you're making excellent process."
I wanted to snort and reply with a witty remark, but I knew that wasn't going to get me anywhere.
I nodded, shoving another piece of chicken in my mouth.
Nurse Donna took out her walkie-talkie, mumbling things into it. "Ooh, your friends are here, Hollie,"
I looked up, excitement and nervousness bubbling in my stomach.
"I'll let them in." She added, quickly exiting the room. I dumped the rest of my lunch in the garbage can by my bed and set the tray on my nightstand table.
"Erm... Hollie?" Nurse Donna squeaked from the door.
"Yeah?" I answered.
"It seems that we have an unexpected guest for you. His name is John, I believe."
John? John was here? I didn't need him seeing me in this state... although I would love for someone to update me on what the hell happened on tour.
"Okay," I replied. "Let him in."
A few seconds later, John walked in, Nurse Donna following him closely.
"Hey Holl," John greeted softly, taking in everything.
"Hey." I greeted back, my voice just as soft.
"I'll give you two some privacy." Nurse Donna smiled, closing the door to my room.
"How've you been?" John asked me, sitting on the edge of the bed, looking at all the machines and papers.
"Shitty," I scoffed. "You?"
"Pretty bad." John whispered; suddenly he embraced me in his arms tightly. I couldn't help but shed a tear. I was trapped in this loony-bin, leaving everyone worried sick, especially my emotionally damaged boyfriend.
"I've missed you." I cried.
"I've missed you too, Hollie-Bear." John replied, wiping my tears with his thumb.
"How was tour?" I asked, wiping the rest of my tears.
"Bad. The All Time Low guys have a lot of shit to figure out, no offense." John responded.
"Such as...?"
"Such as Alex and Jack getting into fist fights at 3 o'clock in the morning." He said.
I gasped, "What?"
"That was their breaking point. Jack and Alex had been really tense -- about you, I think -- and Alex had been an asshole. Apparently he was talking shit about... he was talking shit, and Jack told him to stop. It resulted in a fist fight and Alex demanded for the tour to be cancelled." John told me.
I was quiet for a moment. Is this what All Time Low had really come to?
"What... what was Alex talking about? Who was he talking shit about?" I asked quietly.
John looked at me, his eyes soft and gentle. "He was talking about you, Hollie."
I couldn't exactly say I was shocked. When Jack had told me that Alex was being a jerk, I knew it had a lot to do with me.
"What'd he say?"
"I don't think I should tell you, Hollie..." John's voice trailed off.
"What did he say?" I repeated.
"He said that it was your fault All Time Low was like this. That if Jack hadn't brought you out on tour, then he would be fine right now, and everyone would be happy."
I choked out a sob, tears rapidly rolling down my cheeks. I didn't dare look up at John, he probably thought that this was his fault.
"What else?" I asked, my voice cracking.
"That's all I know." John replied quietly.
"Are you sure?" I looked up at him. His eyes were watery and he kept blinking.
"Yeah," He whispered.
I was quiet. I wasn't surprised about Alex saying that stuff about me, I just... found it hard to believe. He had been my best friend since I was 13 years old, and now... now things were all different.
"How... How are you doing? You know, with your... um, disorder?" John asked awkwardly, attempting to change the subject.
"I'm getting better," I said. "The nurse said that I might be getting out soon."
"Really? That's great, Hollie." John said with a smile.
"Yeah, I can't wait to go home." I said quietly. "So... when are Chanel and Jack coming?"
"Chanel and Jack are coming?" John's eyebrows furrowed in confusion.
"Um... yeah." I answered. They were coming... weren't they?
"Oh," John mumbled. "Well then I think I should get out of here."
"Why?" I instantly asked.
"Um... Jack and I still aren't... okay. Since the incident." John confessed.
"Seriously John? You're my boyfriend and you can't just get along with my brother? If you really loved me enough you would stay."
John was quiet, but moments later rose from the bed. "I can't stay, Hollie."
I looked at John, confused and angry emotions rushing through me.
"So you have a problem with Jack and Chanel." I said flatly.
"No, no it's not like that, Holls. Chanel is a great girl, but I don't really know her too well. And Jack is an awesome dude, but we're just not... tolerable to each other yet." John quickly explained.
"So if you don't have a problem with them, then why don't you wanna stay?" I asked, attemtping to control myself.
"Hollie... you're making it sound so bad..."
"Because it is bad, John. Jack has been with me through everything, and the only reason why you two aren't 'tolerable to each other' is because of you. And Chanel... she's an amazing girl, and maybe you should get to know her." I replied angrily.
"Hollie, please, calm down." John begged.
"No, John! You're the reason why my relationship with Alex is ruined, and you're the reason why all of this shit is happening!" I yelled.
"Oh, it's my fault Alex talked shit about you? Last time I checked, I didn't control his mouth." John spat.
"Maybe if you hadn't been such a hard-ass all the time, we wouldn't be together. And I would be with Alex right now." I responded quietly.
"You want to be with Alex." John realized. "You wanna be with Alex."
"John, he's been my best friend for years--"
"Do you not realize how shitty he is?! He talked crap about you, Hollie! Why can't you realize that he's just an asshole? Hollie, I belong with you, not Alex!" John screamed.
"John, stop--"
"No, Hollie. I'm so fucking done with your obsession with that jerk."
Anger pulsed through my veins. "It's not an obsession," I said through clenched teeth. "And he's not a jerk. Yeah, he's not some shitty stuff over the years but he's not a total jerk."
John snorted. "That's such a fucking lie, Hollie Marie."
"Don't call me that," I whispered. "Get the fuck out of here, John. We're over."
"Do you realize how stupid you sound right now, Hollie Marie? Alex is a fucking jerk! An asshole! I'm the right guy for you! Why can't you fucking see that?" John exclaimed loudly.
"Hey John."
We both turned around to see Jack and Chanel at the door, tears rolling down Chanel's cheeks, and anger bulging in Jack's eyes.
"Why don't you get the hell out of here before we call security. It's obvious Hollie doesn't want you here." Jack said, crossing his arms over his chest. Chanel looked scared to death.
John stared at him, his teeth clenched. "Fine, Hollie," He muttered. "Be a stubborn bitch. I don't give a shit."
With that, John pushed past Jack and Chanel, and slammed the door behind him.
♠ ♠ ♠
O: dramaaaa!
Sorry I haven't updated in forever. Don't be a silent reader, please! Thanks for reading. Love you guys with all my heart <3