Status: Active!

It Must Be Love

I ***ed everything up.

"C'mon man, you need to get out of here." Garrett announced, throwing his hands up. It had been a week since Hollie and I had broken up, and I was a mess. A big, giant mess.
"No." I mumbled, hugging my pillow closer to my face. All I wanted to do was go back to sleep like I had been before, until the guys had magically appeared at my house. Since I didn't answer the doorbell, they had basically ambushed my house and broke in through the back door.
"John, man, you're a freaking mess! Stop being a baby. You and Hollie weren't even that good together." Jared exclaimed, crossing his arms over his chest.
"She's perfect. I fucked everything up." I said, my insides churning. I had accidentally gotten drunk last night by myself and I was really feeling the hangover now, even though it was 3 o'clock in the afternoon.
"Why don't we get burgers or something? You need to eat something, John." Pat suggested.
"Burgers sound good," Kennedy agreed.
"I'm down." Jared and Garrett said in unison.
"I'm not." I muttered, turning onto my side.
"Well that's too bad, because you don't have a choice," Pat told me, kicking my side.
"Fuck! Get out of my house, assholes," I yelled angrily.
"Nope. We're going to get burgers and meet some girls." Kennedy said, beginning to drag -- literally drag -- me out of bed.
A half an hour later, the guys had physically thrown me into the shower and dressed me, and we were on our way to Five Guys, the local burger joint.
I kept quiet the entire time while they sang along to Ivory, trying to make me laugh. It was useless. Nothing made me smile or laugh; I was broken and miserable.
"John! What the fuck do you want to eat?" Jared asked, annoyance clear in his voice.
"Uh... burger and fries," I replied, looking around the room. There were a few families, and then there were some groups of teenagers grabbing something to eat. There was a noticably beautiful brunette in the back of the room, sipping her soda and checking her iPhone.
"She's hot." Garrett pointed out.
"Who?" I asked, playing dumb.
"The chick you're staring at." He responded, smirking. "Go talk to her."
"Are you kidding? Hell no. Hollie is the only girl in my heart right now." I said, instantly turning him down.
"She's gorgeous, John. Just do it. What's the worst that can happen? You get a girlfriend and fall in love with her and get over Hollie?" Kennedy piped up.
"Fine." I muttered, getting off the line. The guys cheered.
"Shut the fuck up," I mumbled. In some way... she kind of reminded me of Hollie. I walked over to the brunette, my palms sweating. I hadn't been this nervous to talk to a girl since Hollie.
"This seat taken?" I asked her, pointing to the seat across from her. The girl looked up, her green eyes sparkling.
"No," She smirked.
"So what's a beautiful girl like you doing here alone?" I inquired smoothly. The girl giggled.
"I'm taking a break from studying. I go to Arizona State University." She answered, taking another sip from her soda.
"Oh, so you're in college." I stated.
"Yep. I'm majoring in English. But what about you? Shouldn't you be off with your friends over there?" The girl asked, smiling flirtatiously.
"I think I'd rather be with you then them," I said, smirking back.
"Oh, breaking out all the smooth lines I see." The girl teased.
"Whatever gets me your name and phone number," I fired back. The girl giggled again.
"My name is Cassandra. And you are...?"
"John," I replied.
"I know," Cassandra giggled. "You're from The Maine."
"How'd you know?"
"I was on tour with you guys for awhile. I was dating one of the techs for Hey Monday." Cassandra answered, blinking her eyes.
I thought for a moment. Cassandra did seem familiar. Some how I thought that she was with All Time Low though...
"What happened to you guys?" I asked, digging for more information. "You and your boyfriend, I mean."
"We broke up," Cassandra said nonchalantly. "No big deal. He was a douche."
I nodded understandingly.
"What about you? Weren't you dating that Hollie girl that was with All Time Low?" Cassandra inquired, leaning forward in interest.
"Broke up," I said quietly. "Thing's weren't quite working out."
"That's a shame," Cassandra responded flirtatiously. "So, where's your apartment?"
"What?" I asked, butterflies entering my stomach. What was that supposed to mean? Was she some kind of crazy stalker chick?
"Well you didn't come all the way over here and have a conversation just for nothing, did you?" Cassandra said, fluttering her eyelashes.
"You want to have sex." I replied flatly.
"No, you want to have sex. I'm just the girl." Cassandra corrected. I thought for a moment. Cassandra could potentionally get me out of my heartbreak funk.
"Let's get out of here then," I grinned, winking at her. Cassandra smirked, taking my hand and guiding us out the door.
~~~
I layed in my bed, Cassandra soundly sleeping beside me. I wondered if fucking this girl was wrong, but then I thought about the sex we had had. She was amazing -- in bed, at least -- and I was defiantly satisfied.
I slowly rolled out of the bed, grabbing my iPhone and heading towards to the kitchen. I grabbed a bottle of water and turned my phone on. As I sipped my water, a picture of Cassandra and a brunette haired guy appeared as the wallpaper. As I was about to go back to the bedroom to return her phone, I realized that the guy she was kissing wasn't just a guy with dark brown hair. It was Jack Barakat, my ex-girlfriend's brother. Which only meant that I had fucked a girl that was best friends with my ex-girlfriend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahhh I'm so sorry for being MIA for awhile :( I promise I'll continue updating and finish this story by the end of the summer. To be honest, I'm a little tired of this story ahaha. It's almost done though :)
I'll also be posting my new Stephen Gomez (The Summer Set) story sometime soon, so look out for that! Thank you all for being amazing readers. Much love! Xo