Status: Active!

It Must Be Love

Well I am a bitch, aren't I?

Chanel's POV
"Lindsay, do you want something to eat?" My mom asked me, throwing a piece of bread into the toaster. I mentally cringed, hating when my mom called me Lindsay instead of Chanel.
"No thanks, I'm gonna go over to Jack's in a little bit. Hollie gets home today," I replied, excitement clear in my voice.
"Oh, does she?" My mom replied, her attention occupied by making breakfast.
"Yup." I said, popping the 'p'.
"How's Cassandra? You haven't talken to her in awhile." She asked.
"Um... I don't know, she's in Arizona at school," I told her. Honestly, I didn't want to talk to Cassandra because I was scared to know how she would react when I told her that I was dating Jack.
"Well maybe you should text her." My mom suggested.
"Maybe," I replied quietly.
"Why don't you do it right now?" She pressed.
"Fine." I muttered, tired of her annoying me.
I took my BlackBerry out, finding Cassandra's name and texting her quickly.
To: Cassandra Wilson
Hey Casey, we haven't talked in awhile. How are you doing? -Chanel
I pressed 'send' and moved to the living room, taking a seat on the couch. The room reminded me of my teenage years; having sleepovers with Hollie, playing video games with the guys, and having parties when my parents were out of town.
My phone buzzed angrily in my palm. Incoming call from Cassandra Wilson. I sighed, answering the call.
"Hey Casey," I greeted with fake enthusiasm.
"Chay! I'm so happy you texted me, I miss you so much." Cassandra exclaimed.
"Yeah, I miss you a lot so I figured I would text you," I replied, playing with a stray string on my tank top.
"Have you heard from Hollie?" Cassandra asked.
"Yeah, she's coming home today. I visited her in the hospital a few weeks ago with... with, um, Jack."
"With Jack?" Cassandra repeated.
"Um, yeah. Jack." I said slowly.
"Oh," Cassandra said. "How is he? Jack, I mean."
"He's... he's doing really well, Casey. We're... we're uh, dating."
There was silence. An awkward, uncomfortable silence between us.
"Oh. Well that's nice." Cassandra replied. I couldn't read her tone; she was pretty... emotionless.
"Are you... okay with that?" I asked quietly.
"Well I don't have much control over it. It's not like my opinion matters. Regardless of what I say, you're still gonna date Jack," Cassandra responded.
"I guess..."
"But I do have something to tell you, Chanel. It's pretty fucked up to see my own friend go and date my ex-boyfriend, but I'm over him and I couldn't give a shit. What I really have to tell you is what I did with John the other night."
My stomach tighetened. What was she doing with John?
"Cassandra, this isn't about John or Hollie this is about us--"
"Oh, bullshit, Chanel. If I hurt Hollie it's like I hurt you, which is just as bitchy. I slept with John the other night."
She slept with John? What the fuck was wrong with her?!
"Cassandra, why would you do that? We all know John didn't take the break-up well and for you to go and do that to Hollie and John is just plain bitchy."
"Well I am a bitch, aren't I?" I could basically see Cassandra smirking. Anger boiled through my veins.
"Guess you're too shocked to answer," Cassandra giggled. "See you around, bitch."
And with that, the line went dead.
~~~
"Wait. So Cassandra slept with John?" Jack repeated, his eyes widening. I nodded.
"Hollie is going to be heartbroken." Jack mumbled, burying his head in his hands.
"Well... should we tell her?" I asked, biting my lip.
"I don't know," Jack groaned. "Why is Cassandra such a fucking bitch?"
I sighed, kissing Jack's forehead gently.
"Because she just is, hun." I told him.
"But it's ridiculous. It's one thing to cheat on me, but then going and sleeping with my sister's ex-boyfriend..." Jack sighed.
"Look," I said, playing with his hair. "Hollie is coming home today. I doubt Cassandra or John will be on her mind at all, so we just need to focus all our attention on Hollie. She needs our help. Ontop of that, we have to distract her from all thoughts of Alex. Just take a deep breath and think of Hollie."
Jack nodded, putting his head on my shoulder.
"It's just gonna kill me to not tell her." He told me.
"Well who said we're never gonna tell her? Jack, she's gonna be a mess when she gets back and we all know it. For now, telling her isn't the best thing. But a few weeks from now, when she calms down and gets back to normal, we can tell her."
Jack was quiet for a moment. "You think that's a good idea?"
"It's a win-win situation, Jack Attack."
"So we're not telling her." Jack stated.
"We're not telling her." I agreed.
Jack nodded, kissing my neck softly. I giggled.
"I think we should go pick Hollie up. You know... your sister and my best friend," I reminded him. Jack groaned.
"You had to ruin the moment with my sister, didn't you?"
I giggled again. "Yes,"
I kissed Jack's lips quickly before jumping up and grabbing his car keys.
"C'mon lover boy, we're going to rescue Hollie-Bear."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahh I'm so tired of this story ahaha. 5 more chapters left :)
Thanks for reading <3 Also, if you haven't started reading my John O'Callaghan story, go read 'Girls Do What They Want'!