Status: Active!

It Must Be Love

Back to Maryland, I guess.

Hollie's POV
"Is she gonna be okay?" A quiet, yet familiar voice rang through my ears. I couldn't bring myself to open my eyes and I felt like they were taped shut. My throat was sore and felt like sand-paper while my body felt numb and lifeless.
"Most likely, yes." A deep, professional voice responded.
My eyes cracked open a little bit and my hand twitched. I felt motionless and all memories of the previous day were gone.
"Ah, Hollie. You're awake." I was faced with what looked like a doctor in a white jacket and pants. He had a small smile on his face as he checked the monitors I was hooked up to.
Where was I? A...hospital room? Jack sat in the corner of the room, while Matt, Alex, Rian, and Zack crowded on the side of my bed.
I tried speaking, but I just opened my mouth while nothing came out.
"I'll let you reunite with your friends here, and then we'll talk." The doctor told me, smiling before leaving the room.
"What...happened?" I squaked. My voice was worn-out and scratchy; I probably looked like hell, too.
"You fainted." Alex mumbled quietly, locking eyes with me.
"I fainted?" I repeated in disbelief.
"Yeah, the doctor said it was because of lack of food and water. Hollie, how the hell can you take care of us when you can't even take care of yourself?" Jack piped up, his arms crossed over his chest. Though Jack was all fun and games one moment, he was extremely protective of me.
"I don't take care of you, I work for you." I replied through clenched teeth. "I wasn't thinking, I forgot, okay? I'm allowed to make mistakes."
Alex took my hand and stroked it slowly as he saw an incoming arguement between us.
"How do you forget to eat and drink?! That's bullshit, Hollie!" Jack exclaimed.
"Jack, back off a little." Zack scolded, looking at him with pleading eyes.
"You can't tell me to back off. She's my little sister -- my stupid little sister -- that doesn't know how to take care of herself!" Jack yelled in defense.
"Really? I'm the immature one? Jack, you can't do anything by yourself! You always need someone taking care of you! You're such an asshole, you know that? You're lucky I'm fucking alive." I screamed back.
Jack stared at me, then stormed out of the room, leaving an awkward silence.
"We're happy you're okay, Holls." Rian said, smiling. He gave me a quick hug before leaving the room as well.
"How long was I out?" I asked quietly.
"2 days. Your mom's here." Matt replied, biting on his lipring. As if on cue, my mother came bustling into the hospital room.
"Hollie Marie Madden-Barakat, you scared the living crap out of me, do you know that?" She exclaimed, hugging me tightly and giving me a kiss on my forehead. Alex chuckled, still holding my hand, while I just smiled at her.
"Don't ever do that again, honey." My mom added.
"Oh yeah...also, Hollie. We, as in the band and crew, decided that we're sending you home with your mom. It's not exactly the safest to come back with us, and it's only one more week of tour so we'll be home soon." Matt told me.
I opened my mouth to protest, but my mom beat me to it.
"Honey, it's for the best."
I rolled my eyes. "I'll be fine. I'm a forgetful person, everyone knows that."
"Holl...I think you should go. Really. When we get back I promise I'll come over everyday and we'll hang out just like nothing ever happened. But for now, I think it's best." Alex kissed my forehead, making me sigh. I loved Alex, and some how he always made everything seem okay, even when it wasn't.
"Back to Maryland, I guess." I muttered, looking at my mom as a small smile was placed on her lips.
~
COMMENT/SUBSCRIBE :)
Melissa <3