Status: Active!

It Must Be Love

Sorry for saying sorry.

Hollie's POV
"'Sup All Tme Low?!"
I looked up from my embrace with Alex, as three boys came running in through the tour bus tour. Pat, Kennedy, and...John.
"Shit." I muttered, looking down.
Everybody greeted each other, Alex protectively putting his arm around me. John acted as if I wasn't even in the room and said an awkward hello to Alex.
"Hey Hollie!" Pat exclaimed, giving me a huge hug. "How've ya been?"
"Hey Pat," I giggled. "I've been doing alright. Working for these dudes. What about you?"
"Pretty good, can't complain." Pat replied happily. Pat had always been a good friend of mine, but we lost touch a few months after John and I broke up.
Kennedy was playing Jack in some zombie video game while Pat was talking to Alex about some football team. While John was nowhere to be found, I assumed it was safe to go off to my bunk and take a nap.
"I'm gonna go take a nap," I announced.
"Okay." Alex responded, kissing my cheek lightly. I giggled, bidding my good-byes to both boys and walked towards the bunk area. Just as I was about to climb into my bunk, I bumped into a figure.
"Oh, sorry!" I quickly apologized. I looked up to see John towering above me with a shocked look on his face.
"Oh...uh, um sorry." I apologized, once again.
"You already said sorry." John said flatly.
"Uh...okay. Well sorry for saying sorry." I replied lamely.
"Still as apologetic as ever," John noticed, smirking slightly.
"Well what else am I supposed to say? I just accidentally bumped into my ex-boyfriend, am I supposed to tell you to fuck off?" I snapped.
"Jesus, calm down Hollie," He responded, crossing his arms over his chest. "I was just kidding."
There was an awkward silence between us until John finally broke it.
"So you're still not over the break-up?" John guessed.
"...I'm over it, John. It was a number of years ago. We were young and naive. We're adults now." I told him, my voice boosting with confidence.
"You lost your virginity to me, Hollie Marie." John replied in a monotone voice. I cringed when he called me Hollie Marie.
"So? You were also my first love but that doesn't mean shit. What, you're not over me?" I taunted angrily.
"Well we were together for two years, Hollie. I'm just saying that it might not be a bad idea to...y'know..."
"Get back together?"
John looked at me, his thin lips pursed. "Maybe."
"John, I don't think that's a good idea." I said quietly. "We just reunited after three years of not talking."
"Right...yeah, you're right, that was a stupid idea. Sorry." John quickly walked away, his head down and his hand in his hair. I sighed, rubbing my eyes frustraitedly. I climbed into my bunk, letting sleep takeover.
~~~
I felt something hit my face, and suddenly someone ripped open my curtain.
"You should eat that." A familiar voice brought me out of my sleepy transe, my eyes snapping open. An apple landed in my hand, and Alex was standing above me.
"Hmmmm?" I answered sleepily.
"You should eat that." He repeated, pointing to the apple. "You haven't eaten anything all day."
I stared at the apple, shrugging, and then taking a bite out of it.
"So what happened with John?" Alex asked, climbing into my bunk and laying down next to me.
"How'd you know something happened with John?" I inquired quietly.
"He said you guys talked." Alex replied, as if it was obvious.
"Oh," I said lamely. "He...he wanted to, uh, get back together."
Alex was quiet for a moment, burying his head into my neck. "And what'd you say?"
"No." I whispered, my voice barely ableto be heard.
Alex didn't say anything after that, just wrapped his arms around my waist.
"You should eat the apple. You haven't eaten anything today." Alex suddenly said, quickly changing the subject.
"I don't need to eat, Alex." I responded. My thoughts were completely scattered -- I missed Chanel and Cassandra, who I hadn't talked to in days. Even though I didn't know how my feelings were for John, I felt bad about rejecting him so quickly. I didn't understand why Alex was being so touchy-feely all of a sudden. And on-top of all of that, everybody -- now including Alex -- thought I was sick. I was being smothered by people constantly asking me to eat something, which didn't make me want to eat all.
I sighed, leaning my head on Alex's. Since when did my life get so difficult?
-
I am SO sorry I haven't posted in forever! I've had major writer's block. I just started school two days ago but hopefully updates will be more frequent. And the story is JUST getting started too! ;)
Also, I'm about to go post the first chapter of my Tay Jardine and Jordan Eckes fanfic! It's not Taydan, but there IS Taydan in it. Confusing, I know. You're just gonna have to go read it! :P
Comment, subscribe, message me :)
<3 Melissa