Status: Active!

It Must Be Love

We're both just flirts.

Chanel's POV
I had to admit, when I found out Jack had invited Cassandra to come stay on the bus with All Time Low for a while, I was jealous. I couldn't help the fact that I had a growing crush on Jack. However, since Hollie was working with the guys, she was allowed to invite me out.
"I'm sooo excited to finally see Jack!" Cassandra gushed as we quickly walked through the airport. The guys were playing Florida tonight, so we had taken a flight from Maryland to Orlando.
"You saw him a week ago." I replied flatly.
"Yeah, but he's my boyfriend, Chay. You wouldn't understand," Cassandra fired back. I sighed, ignoring her comment. Was she trying to rub Jack in my face?
"Ooohh! There they are!"
Sure enough, there was Jack, Alex, Hollie, Zack, and Rian standing in the airport with two signs. Jack held one with the name "Case" scrawled across it, while Hollie and Zack held one with "Chay" on it. It was awkward between Zack and I ever since we broke up a little while ago, so I wondered why he was holding the sign.
Regardless, Cassandra dropped her bags dead in the middle of the airport and went running into Jack's arms. Hollie sent me an apologetic look, and instantly embraced me tightly as I walked over to them.
"Chay, I've missed you so much!" Hollie exclaimed.
"I've missed you too, Holls," I grinned, trying to exchange the same excitement.
"Hey Chanel." Zack quickly interrupted, waving awkwardly.
"Uh, hey Zack..." I looked at Hollie, who just shrugged and smirked.
"How are you?" He asked polietly.
"I'm okay..." I still didn't understand why Zack was even talking to me -- I mean, our relationship hadn't exactly ended on the happiest note. Maybe he just wanted to melt the awkwardness, but still. He was doing anything but making it less awkward.
"Hey, Chanel!" I turned around to see Jack running towards me with a broad grin on his face.
"Jack Attack!" I squealed happily, giving him a big hug.
"How've ya been?" Jack still had a huge smile on his face, and I would've returned the same grin if Cassandra hadn't walked up to him and kissing his neck.
"I've been...good," I replied, attempting to not let Cassandra bother me.
"Why don't we make our way back to the bus?" Rian suggested lightly.
"That sounds good," Alex and Hollie said in unison. They looked at each other, grinning. What was that about?
~~~
Hollie's POV
"So," Chanel grinned, eating a piece of popcorn. "What's up with you and Alex?"
I giggled, shrugging. "I don't really know. I guess we're both just flirts."
"Oh, there was something more than flirting there, Holl." Chanel replied, shaking her head in protest.
I shrugged again. I didn't really know what was going on between Alex and I. We had always been extremely close, but people hadn't taken notice until now, when we became more romanticly involved -- if we even were romanticly involved.
"What about Zack?" I asked, changing the subject. "You guys were talking at the airport."
Chanel sighed, rolling her eyes. "I have no freaking idea. But I don't really care, because I'm over him. And he should be over me."
Hollie bit her lip. "Chay...I understand you're over Zack but you can't go after Jack. He's dating Case, and Case is one of our closest friends."
"But Case is a flirt. A cheater. Everybody knows that," Chanel protested.
"They've been together for a month, Chay. Don't ruin this for them." Hollie told me, her eyes pleading.
"Whatever," She muttered. "Have you seen John yet?"
My stomach instantly tied in knots as soon as I head John's name. "Yeah." I said quietly.
"Shit, what happened?" Chanel asked, her best friend instincts kicking in.
"He wants to get back together." I whispered.
"And what'd you say?!" She demanded.
"No. But I feel bad for saying no, Chay. I mean, I don't even know how I feel about Alex, let alone John."
"So he has feelings for you?" Chanel guessed.
"That's my guess," I replied. "But it's been three years. Why isn't he over me yet?"
Chanel bit her lip, staying quiet. "Hollie...he didn't exactly take the break-up...easily."
"What do you mean? It was a mutual decision, Chanel." I responded.
"Not exactly," Chanel began. "You broke up with him, telling him that the 'long distance thing' was too much. He took that break-up ridiculously hard, and was depressed for at least a month."
My jaw dropped. I had known that John hadn't really taken the break-up well, but I had always thought it was a mutual decision.
"I...I had no idea," I whispered. "I feel terrible."
Chanel was quiet, putting an arm around me supportively.
"I have to talk to him, Chay." I told her.
"I don't think that's such a good idea, Holls." Chanel replied hesistantly.
"No, I need to talk to him." I said, my voice growing more and more confidence.
I had to talk to John.