Status: complete.

This Broken Place.

Asking the same questions

Jane
After we finished watching the Notebook and it was late. We both decided to go to bed I walked into my room and I heard Kennedy walk into the spare room he had been sleeping in.
I got dressed for bed and walked into the spare room where I found Kennedy crawling into bed.
"What are you doing?" I asked him wondering why he was sleeping in here and not in our room.
"Going to bed." He said not understanding what I asked him.
"I'm mean, why are you sleeping in here?"
"I don't know."
"Can you sleep with me tonight?" I asked leaning against the door frame.
"Yeah of course." I could tell he was happy I asked based on how he answered.
"Thank you."
We got in the room and I crawled in bed and Kennedy slid into his spot.
"Kennedy can you please sleep in her for now on?"
"Yeah of course."
I woke up the next morning to empty bed. I crawled out of bed and grabbed Kennedy's off hoodie off the floor and put it on. I walked down the hallway to the kitchen to find Kennedy eating a bowl of Kennedy.
"Morning sunshine." She said looking up and giving me a smile.
"Morning." I said walking over to the cupboard to get a bowl to get myself some cereal.
"Your mom called a little while ago."
"What did she have to say?" I asked grabbing the milk out of the fridge for my cereal.
"That she wants us to come over for lunch today that they have something that they want talk about with us."
"Should I be scared?" I said walking over and sitting across from him at the kitchen table.
"I don't think so."
"Ok."
"You should probably get dressed." He said as he walked over to the sink with his empty cereal bowl.
"Yeah I'll do that as soon as I finish eating."
"I wonder what they want to talk to us about."
"I don't know. I'm going to go get dressed." Kennedy said walking down the hallway.
I finished eating as quickly as possible and walked down the hallway towards my room.
When I opened the door. I found a Kennedy walking out of the bathroom in nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist.
"Hey." He said giving me a smile as he saw me.
"I'll just wait till you're dressed." I said heading out towards the hallway embarrassed. I don't know why I felt so awkward about the fact I just saw Kennedy in a towel. I mean we've had sex before and I've seen him naked. I may not remember it but it’s happened.
I stood in the hallway not moving waiting for Kennedy to come out of the room.
He walked out of the bedroom with a smile on his face. "I'm sorry you're embarrassed, but you shouldn't be."
"It’s ok." I said just trying to drop the subject and went to get changed.
I got dressed as fast as possible and found Kennedy waiting in the living room for me.
"You ready?" Kennedy asked standing up.
"Yeah."
We got in the car and drove in silence. I couldn't call it comfortable because honestly it was kinda of awkward. For some reason I just felt awkward around Kennedy all the sudden.
"Why do you seem so awkward around me all the sudden?"
"Huh?"
"I asked why you're acting awkward around me all the sudden."
"I'm sorry I don't." I said looking at him.
"Is it because you saw me in a towel?" He asked trying to figure out what's going on.
"Yeah I guess."
"Why does that make you feel so awkward I sleep in my boxers-briefs every night?"
"I know I'm sorry this is all so stupid. What makes me feel even stupider is the fact I know we've had sex and I've seen you naked. I may not remember it but it happened."
"Hey you're not stupid by any means. You're going through a lot of stuff right now. You're confused and you have all the right to be." He said lacing his fingers with mine.
"I know. Its just I'm so sick of being confused. I still don't know why you're sticking around."
"I'm sticking around because I love you."
"Where here." Kennedy said as he pulled into a parking spot.
"Ok." We walked inside to find my parents sitting at a table waiting for us.
"Jane, Kennedy. We're glad you came." My mom said pulling me into a hug.
"Can I get you something to drink?" The waitress asked.
"I'll take a coke." Kennedy said.
"I'll just take water."
"So what we wanted to talk to guys about is your Aunt Jenna is having a family reunion at here house in Pismo Beach and we want to know if you two could go."
"I think it would do you good to see some other family, and also go back to were you lived when you were in high school." My dad said.
"Yeah that's sounds like a good idea." I said. I looked over at Kennedy to see what he was thinking he had an odd look on his face. I really couldn't figure it out.
When we finished eating we said goodbye to my parents and we got into Kennedy's car.
"What wrong?" I asked him as soon as he got into the car.
"Nothing." I knew he was lying something was wrong.
"Are you sure it’s nothing?"
"Yeah I'm positive." I caught he obviously didn't want to talk about whatever is bugging him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter Title: Every Road
*This is the first full chapter I've done from Jane's point of view. It was nearly as difficult as I thought it would be. I'm not sure who's point of view the next chapters going to be in. I might split it if I can't decide. I have an idea of whats going to happen next.
*So what do you think is bugging Kennedy? Also what do you think about how Jane seeing Kennedy in a towel made her feel awkward?
*I would love some feedback. Please Comment and Subscribe.
*In other news I can't stop listening to the new Mayday Parade album. It is flawless not a bad track on the whole album.
*other stories
Whoever She Is
She Was The Last Thing I Saw Last Night
Crashing Into Nothing
Don’t Fall
*I'm sorry for the super long authors notes.