Status: In progress :)

Block it out.

Chapter three

It was the next Monday, Jack had been bailed out by the Gaskarth's said a polite 'Thank you' then had gone back home, he had been prepared for the beatings; heck he always was. The bruises on his pale skin should tell everyone that clear as day. But then again, nobody saw them. So nobody cared.

'Jail, was it?" his dad's voice cooed as he walked downstairs just grabbing a banana for breakfast, the bruises and marks from the day before were still prominent on his white skin "I thought you were being a good boy..." his voice was sickly sweet.

Jack just swallowed the bile lumping in his throat as he reacher for the door handle, it wasn't too far away it was so close he could almost feel the cool metal touching his finger tips, he just wanted out. Of everything.

"You know I only do this because.. I love you, Jack," his father was leaning on the wall with his lips pursed together a hand on his thigh the other balled "I do love you, Jack.. you just need altering."

But how much do I need to be altered, dad? He thought to himself gripping his hand around the cold metal door knob. Before twisting it and bolting out of the house.

His phone buzzed 'Stupid boy' it said simply and Jack swallowed the lump in his throat before trundling on the bus. No seats.

He groaned then saw Alex by himself, the smile grew on his lips as he took a seat next to the older boy "Hey," he smiled happily.

Alex's POV

Alex smiled half at the boy then looked out the window. He chewed on his lip as he looked down at his iPod and slowly turned the music up a bit louder. He leaned his head against the window.

The cheerleaders were in the back seats with the jocks, making out and probably smoking some pot. Alex opened his mouth, meaning to yawn, but nothing came out. He looked around and sighed.

The bus came to a stop and Alex stood up, pushing a few people to get off of the bus. He walked to his locker with his pale white hands stuffed into his gray hoodie pockets.

He took a few books from his locker and threw his bag in. Alex's father, Peter, had came back home in the middle of the night. It was scary because he started throwing things.

Alex was laying there on the ground from his father, wincing by the forks and nifes that he had threw at him. Luckily, he had missed so Alex didn't get hit. His father was being weird though. Throwing things at him. His dad was never so mean. His family was actually quite happy. And quiet.

He started walking to his class early. He liked to sit in the class and study. With his headphones in his ears, of course. He yawned and hoped no one walked in.

They would probably call him and nerd and stuff.

He closed his text book hard and leaned back in the chair. He stared out the window that was in the classroom. It was wide open as the wind blew in, hitting Alex's face and bouncing off. Soon, the classroom started to get piled in as people took their seat. Some stood there, talking and laughing and stuff. He sighed and put her head on the desk, closing his eyes. He wished he could just get out of here. Alex thought it was boring and definitly not fun watching the teacher's lips move, talking about so stuff. He didn't know what she was talking about though.

Jack sauntered in after Alex at least wanting to say thank you for bailing him out of jail. It was the least he could do after all, the boy had been so upset at the thought of being arrested.

"Watched it, Baraskank!" a voice hissed as a shoulder slammed into his making him flinch, that shoulder already hurt too much.

"Fuck off, Skyes!" Jack heard Rian's voice call over the clatter of people shoving to get to lessons.

Jack moved towards Rian with a frown as he looked towards the boy who had shoved into him. His skin White and hair black, he looked different. And scary to say the least.

"Thanks, Man... You gotta watch out for him and Merrick like I said yesterday..." Rian warned giving him a smile.

Jack sent him a nervous smile before the older boy had a clamp on his shoulders and was steering him into English class, Jack saw Alex and smiled slightly to himself.

"Sorry we're late, Miss," Rian says with his boy charm, at the blonde teacher who stood behind her desk in a dress and bright lipstick.

"Mr Dawson, next to... Mr Merrick... And who's this?" her voice was sweet, sickly sweet as she looked at Jack. Rian had already cringed before sitting next to the built boy.

"Uh... Jack Barakat?" Jack asked looking to the teacher as she smiled to her self "Next to Mr Gaskarth, that's my unusual last name table!" she smiled at him.

"Charming," Jack mumbled sitting next to the dirty blond, he smiled faintly to him and whispered "Thanks for the bail," the older boy took no notice. Earbuds.

"Few basics rules, darlings," the blonde said as she played with a board marker writing on the board in capital letters 'MISS RAYNE' "You can call me, Miss, Miss Rayne... Nothing else?" she looked at Rian.

Jack wasn't really interested and slumped into his chair watching the blond sit on her desk long nails tapping her thigh, he noticed a boy glaring at her fingers and shuddering.

"Next, you can swear, Fuck, Shit and damn as long as I can too and you have handed in the homework that I may or may not set," she continues with her foot tapping.

"Fucking hell. Thank God!" Skye's yelled out with a grin as people laughed too.

"No blaspheming," the blonde simply said.

"Shit," a couple of people murmured.

Jack just got bored after a while and looked to Alex who was staring at the blondes lips intently as the blabbered on and on about the rules she was setting to everyone. Fuck, did he want to kiss her bed enough to stare at her lips?

Alex's POV

Alex chewed on his lower lip as he watched her lips carefully, then, she turned around. She still happened to be talking which made Alex super mad. When teachers did that he just wanted to get up and leave the room. He tapped his pencil on the desk as he looked around.

Miss. Rayne smiled at the class as she turned around, her pearly white teeth shinning. Alex looked back at her and noticed that her bright blue eyes were on him. He bit his lip and looked down, hoping that she hadn't noticed his headphones.

"Mr. Gaskarth.." She pulled the hood off his head and took out the headphones. He looked up at him and bit his lip. "Is this like the 7th time I caught you listening to music in my class?"

Alex shrugged his shoulder a little, not being rude. He looked back down as she rolled up the headphones around the iPod and walked back to her desk.

"Another rule, kids.." She held up the iPod, shaking it around a little. "No iPods in my class." She gave Alex a look and some people started laughing at him. He rolled his brown eyes and looked down as he started tapping his small pencil on the desk again.

Alex started humming horribly, just to annoy people. He grinned as some people gave him dirty looks. He shook his head and just kept humming. Then, Miss. Rayne turned around and gave him a look.

"Alex. Go in the hall. Now." She demanded and watched him walk out of the room. Alex stood against the wall in the hallway, smiling a little. He liked being a harassment to people. Maybe they would stop picking on him now.

Jack just frowned as he watched Miss Rayne tell him off, her hand placing the iPod back on the table. Jack slowly took the chance to pop the earbud in, that's when he heard nothing.

Was Alex... Deaf?

Jack slowly raised a shaky hand with a frown on his face as he perfectly wrapped the iPod back up gently placin it into Alex's bag.

"What, Mr Barakat?" the teacher seemed annoyed with the disturbance the 'Unusual last name' boys were giving.

'Miss... I- I think he's deaf. I think Alex is deaf.' he was willig for himself to say "Can I go to the bathroom?" spluttered from his lips instead.

Thrifts blond sighed and chucked a pass to him with a slight eye roll to her blue eyes before she actually started the lesson, considering half the lesson had been what you can and would not do.

"Thanks..." he mumbled walking from the room, he had a paper and pen in his hands and walked to Alex.

A hand gently poked the shorter boys shoulder as he wrote a note on the crumpled paper 'Are you deaf, Alex?' then passing it to the older boy be waited.

He didn't know what to expect really, the boy slowly took the pen from Jacks grip and wrote something.

Alex chewed on his lip as he wrote 'why.' It was tiny writing on the small paper. He handed it to him and watched him write something back.

'There was nothing playing. Are you?' He handed the note to Alex and he crumbled it up quickly. Alex took Jack's hand and put the note in his palm, then closed it up with a small nod. He slid down the wall and hugged his legs to his chest as he hummed quietly.

Soon, the tall brunette boy was walking to the bathroom and Alex was there alone. The teacher came out and started yelling at him. Alex just watched her lips then said something.

"I-I-I c-can-'t he-hear y-y-you.." He whispered and then looked down. Miss. Rayne sighed and knelled down next to him. She made him looked at her.

"Why did you tell anyone?" Alex watched as her lips moved. He looked down and thought about it. He shrugged his shoulders a little bit.

"I d-don't know.." His scratchy voice croaked out as he looked back down to his dirty Converse. She stood up and shook her head at him. Then, she walked into the classroom without saying a word.

Alex took a deep breath and stood up, wondering where the tall boy had gone. He was a nice kid. And it was almost as if he understood Alex.

Jack had gone because of Mrs Rayne had been there, he hadn't wanted to leave Alex like that, not to be screamed at for something he couldn't stop. Well, it's not like he could hear it anyway, but Jack still didn't like the fact the teacher had screamed at him.

Jack slid down the wall next to the older boy and looked over to him with a small sigh, looking to his shaking hands, he was always the comforting type because the boy had tears in his eyes. Jack sighed and pulled the older boy towards him with a kiss to the temple. Even the slight contact was hurting Jack because of the bruises but all that was noticeable was a bust lip and black eye. Normal.

Jack slid the paper out again and wrote in his un-neat scrawl 'I'm going to help you, Alex :)' before handing it to the boy and un wrapping his fingers for the note to fold in.

So what that he was being nice to the boy that nobody liked? it didn't faze him that this was wrong in anyway, in some way they needed each other, since they were both different to people. Jack being beaten everyday and then Alex for being deaf and un-wanted by his family
♠ ♠ ♠
I litterally love all of my readers you're amazing <3
I will try and update but Caity and I are kind of stuck right now so sorry :'(
Please comment?