Status: Finished, but I'm revising it.

How to be Emo

Beth Marsh is changing her life—and herself. She has decided to go Emo, to see find the line between stereotype.

The only thing is this—she has rules to make sure they think she is one of them, here they are:

1. Dump old friends and give them the cold shoulder
2. Don’t get into deep friendships with this group, this is your last year
3. DO NOT FALL FOR THE MAN WHORE IN THE GROUP
4. Dump your boyfriend, the relationship isn’t going to last
5. Act Emo all of the time
6. Avoid drama—if possible
7. Slowly be distant with them at the end of the year
8. Get a life!

That’s all seventeen-year-old Beth has to worry about for her last year. It’ll be a miracle if any of it goes as planned.

Note: I am revising How to be Emo at the moment and once I am done, I will post the chapters again. I will probably write a sequel, but it takes a lot of inspiration and I’m still working on that. So for now, revised chapter is all I have for you.
  1. Poser!
    Trying to be “Emo,” is going to be tough, so anyone who calls you names, learn to ignore them.
  2. Groups
    At lunch or any other time, if you have a small fight with soon-to-be-ex-friends, make sure you get point across by sitting with new people. Just avoid drama!
  3. Leon
    When a boy who you only met a few days ago can be a little awkward, but if he makes it fun, go with it. And if his ex shows up just as you two are almost about to kiss, run for it.
  4. "We Need To Talk"
    When dumping your boyfriend/girlfriend do it in public so that everyone can immediately sympathizes him/her and make you seem like the bad guy. And make sure there is a bit of drama.
  5. The Mall
    Going to the mall is great! Make sure not to go to the old places and ignore people who knew the old you. Oh and keep Senna’s secret.
  6. Acting Innocent
    When Halloween approaches and the group is getting made fun of from more than just one group this time, go to the source and punch their lights out!
  7. Don't Leave the Room
    When you get a week suspension, make it worth while: break more rules. Bring Ipods, books, make up, and of course, a cell phone to text on! And if that doesn’t piss them off, graffiti the school.
  8. I Wish You Were Different
    When going to out with your friends on Halloween and your mom crashes all of the fun, tell her that she isn’t part of your life anymore, that’ll get her drunken-ass out of your life for a while. Maybe she’ll even act like a grown-up. That’d be a mira
  9. Sore
    Abuse. A lot of teens deal with it. I do. No, this has nothing on how “emo” I can be. This is behind all of the eyeliner, black and cartoon clothes, and converse. This is about the bruises that I’ve hidden...
  10. Deeper than Flesh
    After getting beat by a parent and realizing that you’re cell phone is there, oh what to do? Hang out with your boyfriend and deepen your relationship or sneak back into your house to get some clothes and your cell? How about both?
  11. Cuts and Kisses
    Should you tell your boyfriend/girlfriend about being hurt? Or just kiss them to keep them quiet? I just want to know one more thing, do people cut to be “emo” or do they cut because they want to create more pain on themselves? I’d like an answer.
  12. Home
    When you go into your house to get your cell phone and other belongings and bring your boyfriend and also find out that your enemy has been there, you’re life in ruined.
  13. That Bitch
    When going to school and thinking that the letter meant nothing. You’re totally wrong.
  14. Wasted On...Stupidity?
    Ah...life. It sucks. I’d rather die. Guess I can go back home if that my plan. Only...I have to face Leon again to get my crap back. Shit.
  15. I'll Change For You
    When you’re still in love with your ex and spilled your guts out to him, here’s the smart thing to do: DON’T KISS HIM! You don’t need a brain surgeon for that!
  16. The Message
    Standing on a sidewalk across from school totally makes anyone a loser. It depends on what they stand for, really. I’m already marked as an outcast/loser, so they can’t do much.
  17. Happy No Year
    For a new year’s party: wine, beer, condoms, birth control, and get invited.
  18. Virgin No More
    All I can really say is use protection, take the Pill and the morning after pill, and then get checked for STD’s afterwards.
  19. Back to School
    Going to school is tough. Especially since the queen bee is still out to get you, Senna is going to kill you, you finally find out who Oliver is and wanna kill him, oh and you can’t stand to be around the one guy you’ve slept with. God, how many mor
  20. Oliver
    It’s about time I found out who Oliver was.
  21. Check Up
    About time I got the check up, huh?
  22. One too Many Pills
    I see no reason to live.
  23. Room 4223, ICU
    I should’ve died.
  24. Snip, Snip
    I need a haircut anyways.
  25. The Other Girl
    My heart hurts.
  26. The Truth
    I should tell Leon how I feel. I can ruin his relationship and maybe get him back.
  27. Spring Break
    Everyone is gone for spring break...well not Leon. And I have nowhere to go.
  28. Snow in April
    Thank you global warming! Now I have to go to school in the snow!!
  29. Broken Hearts
    May came so quickly, I didn’t realize how close it is until June. I only have one credit left, thank God.
  30. Really Over?
    So many things can happen at lunch with your ex; make sure NOTHING happens.
  31. Lips Make Mistakes
    Even though your ex is being extremely nice, don’t fall the act—even though it’s not an act—and don’t fall for him! Again.
  32. Silent Music
    I got a job!!! Woo hoo!
  33. Senna
    When Senna comes to “cheer you up” run for the hills. Nothing good is going to come from it!!!
  34. Prom
    I feel like Carrie. I don’t like proms. They are just an embarrassment waiting to happen.
  35. Goodbye?
    I'm leaving.
  36. Hesitance
    Planes, trains, and automobiles?
  37. Wait and Bleed
    The shell is finally breaking.
  38. 18th
    Happy birthday to me.
  39. Huh?
    What’d he say?
  40. Mommy
    It’s about time I faced my mother.
  41. All in the Family
    I should see how Danny’s doing.
  42. "Daddy!"
    Whoa. My brother, a dad. She must be wrong. My brother is a bad influence and a child himself.
  43. My Dad is Worse than Your Dad
    Time to visit my “daddy” and maybe even Leon’s dad.
  44. Square One
    Here I am again.
  45. The Addiction
    Is it possible that I’m pregnant?
  46. "We were done"
    Time to go shopping for Quinn and cleaning the house. Exciting!
  47. Wow
    Maybe it was too early to tell him.
  48. Wouldn't you understand?
    I’m not so sure what to do after an abortion.
  49. Mommies old lover
    It's about time I told him...
  50. Me vs. Mom
    I’ve had enough of her shit. It’s time to take action.
  51. If I died today
    Is this a happy family? (Contains sexual content)
  52. Happily Never After (Final)
    My life isn’t a fairytale that you would understand. (Contains sexual content)