Status: Finished, but I'm revising it.

How to be Emo

Groups

I had gotten to know Leon better when lunch came and he saved me by asking me to sit with him at lunch.

“Everyone, this is Beth,” Leon introduced me to the group and they gave me a short glance before returning to their conversations.

We got lunch, not very much though, and sat down by a few girls. I smiled at him, my face warming.

“You’re pretty cool, Beth.” Now my face burnt, almost to the bone.

“Thanks.” We sat closer together, until I could feel his jeans brush against mine. I looked around the table, only to be greeted with a cold glare.

The girl had dirty blond hair, her face was perfectly angular with her high cheekbones, no zits, only dimples, she wore some eyeliner and eye shadow and, of course, she wore the usual black and skulls. Her light blue eyes were still glaring at me.

“Senna.” The girls head snapped toward Leon and a smile spread over her face. “Please be nice.”

“Fine.” The girl—Senna—glared at me before dumping her food and talking to her friends.

“Why is she so...?” I met Leon’s eyes.

“We kind of dated...” Leon seemed uncomfortable discussing the Senna subject. “What are you doing this weekend?”

“Sleeping,” I answered automatically.

“How about you come to the comic book and record store that I work at?” Leon asked, even though his voice insisted that there was more we could do.

“Um...okay.” I smiled. “You want my number?” Leon handed me a pen and I wrote it on the inside of his palm.

Someone grabbed me and started dancing with me when I got to my feet. I started moving with them and everyone cracked up, they were all laughing as friends and not at me.

“Hey, Beth! Who are the rejects?” Kelly asked, snickering with the other Barbie clones.

“My friends, who are the bitches?” I wasn’t about to take their bullshit. Their shocked and confused faces made me smile. “Go and make a fool of yourself elsewhere before you embarrass us.” I turned toward Leon and gave him my full attention.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked it! Tell me what you think!