Status: Finished, but I'm revising it.

How to be Emo

Hesitance

I pushed through the crowds to get onto the train. I got on and sat in my seat. YAY! I sat there patiently, just taking in a deep breath of freedom. I totally hated this year. I had my whole senior year planned out: get all of my credits, have a super year (note the sarcasm), get engaged to Matt, and go to Yale to become a great journalist.

But no, my curiosity killed every cat alive (now dead if you think about it). I screwed up my year and I had nothing out of, really. I sighed, staring out the window. I would get off at the first stop and enjoy my life from there. Right?

The train came to a stop a few minutes later and I got off to find Asher standing there. I froze on the platform, meeting his eyes with confusion. We stood there for a while. Not moving, as if time had stopped.

Asher stepped forward, having his hands out as if he wanted me to know he was safe. “Hey.”

I cleared my throat, embarrassed. “Hi.” I shifted my weight from one foot to another. “I didn’t think I’d see you here.”

“I was heading for the dance, you know, since the other’s are there.” Asher seemed innocent enough, so I relaxed. “Did you see Leon?”

“Yeah.” I nodded. “What a mess.” I turned around to leave, but I heard him take a step forward. I glanced back. “What?”

“Well, to tell the truth, I was going to see you, but since you’re here...” He wanted to say more. “Never mind.” Asher stepped away and went to the bench, awaiting the next train.

I started walking toward the bus stop and turned back to see Asher sitting there listening to his Ipod. My feet seemed to have a mind of their own and walked back to him. I planted my ass on the bench.

Asher turned and glanced at me, a smirk finding his lips. He turned off his Ipod and gave me his attention. “Couldn’t leave?”

“I guess.” I smiled in return. “I’ve had a pretty shitty year. I just thought that maybe we could get to know each other.” I slouched back. “But, hey, you can go to a dance and have hot sex with girls that are drunk and all that stuff. You can even get wasted and vandalize that school again.” I vividly remember hearing about him writing HERE’S A FEWWORDS TO LIVE BY: FUCK OFF AND LIVE FREE in bright green spray paint. “I could just fuck off, if you want me to.”

“I hate how you remember that.” We grinned at each other and got off the bench. “You should be happy I live around here.”

“I am.” Asher took my chips and reached over to hold my hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
thought the story was over? nope. i've decided to contuine it!!! i'm confused. not with the story. do my readers have any ideas of how to spice up the story?

ok, so this guy i've been madly in love with for 2 and a half years finally kissed me. he grabbed my head and kissed me. it was the best kiss i've ever had. i'm serious. here's the problem: i have a boyfriend of 5 months. WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO???

Thanks for reading and comment if you'd like!!!