Status: Finished, but I'm revising it.

How to be Emo

Huh?

I stood there, stiff. Did he just purpose? No. I closed my eyes for a second and opened them to see Leon still down on one knee.

“Don’t think about how you felt back when we met and stuff. How do you feel about me now? Do think about the others or your mom or anything alright. Just think about us.” Leon’s eyes didn’t give anything away.

I knew that Cassie had let go, so I did what any sane person would: run away. I ran so fast I didn’t even know I had it in me. I ran up the hill that led up to houses. I ran through the yard that I was coming to and I didn’t stop until I came to the railroad tracks. I let out a long scream, which broke through the trees and frightened the birds.

I sat down, staring at the tracks. I let out a sigh, feelings the tears burn the inside of my eyes. How was I going to say yes in front of Asher? I finally had a relationship I could handle and Leon was trying to take all for that away from me for what? A marriage that won’t work? A relationship that will only repeat itself?

I heard walking and stood up, I twirled around in a 360 and saw Leon coming. “What do you want now, besides ruining my life?”

Leon stopped a few feet away from me, his hands to his sides, and his hair fell into his face. “I’m sorry.” He met my eyes and I melted. “That was stupid of me. I’m really sorry and I hope we can be friends.”

“WE CAN’T BE FRIENDS!” I screamed and heard more birds fly away. “We tried that, Leon and you left. We just can’t be...anything.” I felt my eyes water and placed my hands over my eyes, hoping to make them stop from coming. “I’m in a relationship, Leon.”

Leon’s soft hands took mine from my eyes. He was serious. His features were intact, his eyes were set on hers like an arrow aiming directly at its target. “Do you love me now? At this second, do you love me?”

I became serious and calm. “I don’t want to do this, Leon.”

“Just tell me. Do you love me?” Leon seemed to choose his words carefully now. “Because I do.”

I met his eyes, finally calming down. “Even...” I sighed, groaning. “So what if I do? We—”

Leon kissed me and this time, I kissed him back. The kiss lasted long and there was a burning passion. I know we both wanted to do more, but kept ourselves contained. “Now, will you marry me?” He met my eyes and my heart clenched. “We don’t need to get married now. We can get married in five years or ten years. We’ll get married when you’re ready. We can even elope. I just want to be with you until I die.”

I let the tears seep out of my eyes. “Okay.”

Leon smiled at me. He slid on the ring and we hugged for a long time. I didn’t even care. I had the only person I wanted. Forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
there will be more.