Status: Finished, but I'm revising it.

How to be Emo

Me vs. Mom

I lay in bed with a sleeping Quinn and I tried to calm myself down. I hated my mother. I did and I wish she had died a long time ago. I slowly got out of bed, trying not to wake Quinn and went downstairs to see Leon watching TV. “I’m going out.”

“Where?” Leon turned off the TV and walked over to me.

“I need to get my stuff and Quinn’s as well.” I walked out of the house and jogged to mine. I swung open the door and ran upstairs to get my duffle, my clothes that lay on the floor and shoved them inside. When I had everything of mine I got every from Quinn’s room—her clothes, toys, and paintbrushes. I picked up the two paint jugs that I had bought and left.

For once I was happy that my mom was getting wasted downstairs so that I could get the stuff. I came back to his house, sweating and tired. I ran upstairs to a room to a door that I hadn’t opened yet.

Leon came right after me. “What are you doing?”

The room was a baby’s room; it was colored yellow and had everything you’d need—a crib, diapers, and a bed in case the parents wanted to sleep in the room.

“What’s this for, babe?” I glanced back to Leon who was glaring down at his feet.

“My parents didn’t change it from when I was born.” Leon helped me put her stuff on the bed and the paint equipment on the floor. “I know I should have told you and everything, but I thought if we were expecting then we wouldn’t need to change the room.”

I hugged him tightly and kissed him deeply. “Is it okay if Quinn has the room? That would give us some alone time.”

Leon grinned. “Well, time alone with you. Why don’t we just work on it tonight and lock her in it tomorrow, because the sooner we get this done, the sooner I get you of those clothes.”

I knew he was joking but I was serious. “Then let’s do it tonight.”

“The sex?” Leon was so dumb when sex was involved with anything.

“Painting and all that so that we can put her in here tonight and have time together.” I got a paint brush and Leon found a way to open it.

We started painting in our clothes and not thinking about what time it was or anything like that. We talked about our lives, families, and past relationships. When the break up conservation surfaced we talked about it openly and maturely.

When the room was finished we saw a small tint of pink in the sky. I placed the posters on the dry walls and her toys around the room. When everything was finished, expect taking out the crib, I lay down next to Leon and kissed his lips.

“I’m too tired.” Leon wrapped him arms around me and we both fell asleep. If this wasn’t the life, then what was?
♠ ♠ ♠
the story is going to end soon. does anyone know what the blue star thingys stand for? anyway, thanks for reading and comments are welcome!!!