Status: Sporadic Updates

Our Solemn Hour

Image


Sanctus Espiritus redeem us from our solemn hour
Sanctus Espiritus insanity is all around us
Sanctus Espiritus! Sanctus Espiritus! Sanctus Espiritus!

In my darkest hours I could not foresee
That the tide could turn so fast to this degree
Can't believe my eyes
How can you be so blind?
Is the heart of stone, no empathy inside?
Time keeps on slipping away and we haven't learned
So in the end now what have we gained?

Sanctus Espiritus, redeem us from our solemn hour
Sanctus Espiritus, insanity is all around us
Sanctus Espiritus, is this what we deserve,
can we break free from chains of never-ending agony?

Are they themselves to blame, the misery, the pain?
Didn't we let go, allowed it, let it grow?
If we can't restrain the beast which dwells inside
it will find it's way somehow, somewhere in time
Will we remember all of the suffering
Cause if we fail it will be in vain

Sanctus Espiritus, redeem us from our solemn hour
Sanctus Espiritus, insanity is all around us
Sanctus Espiritus, is this what we deserve,
can we break free from chains of never-ending agony?


-Our Solemn Hour by Within Temptation

After emerging out of nowhere after being declared dead for a year, Evelyn Reznack stumbles back to find that not only everyone thought she was dead but someone she had ever given up seeing again is there waiting for her: Marcus Fenix. This leads Evelyn in an intense struggle through the Seran wasteland to help her old childhood friends with their mission to launch the Lightmass Bomb in the Locust Tunnels where she is repeatedly revisiting the past and eventually explaining to Marcus everything she was hiding from him that happened when he was in jail.

That battle is over now, but a new one is emerging now. The Lightmass did little to effect the Locust Horde and they're now back with more numbers and ravaging the slowly dwindling COG and it's troops. Chairman Prescott decides to make a desperate attempt by sending all troops down into the tunnels on what he calls Operation: Hollow Storm. Its a solemn hour for the human race but Evelyn doesn't let it get to her as she tries to hold on to the few remaining people that are what keeps her alive and keep her going as everyone heads down into the heart of the Locust stronghold.