Status: Active, working on plot outline. Waiting for feedback. xD

The Human Climax

Chapter 4: Pull Out The Brains By The Hair

I stepped back, blinking.

I stumbled out into the open. I had been hidden behind the bushes before.

"Knoxville! There you are!" I turned around. It was John.

"What are you doing?" He said, seeing my face,

I shook my head. For some reason, I decided not to tell. "Nothing. I was just watching Skinard come up the hill. We should go."

"Oh, you're right!" He said, seeing Skinard getting closer. "Let's ditch."

We all split up, and I assumed the others did too. We probably wouldn't get in any trouble. I doubted any alien had caught our numbers before we sprayed them.

Scarlet followed me as I walked back to find Christian and Dylan.

"See? Wasn't that bad, was it?" I said. "Have fun?"

"That was amazing!" She said, grinning at me. I chuckled lightly.

I still couldn't believe I had just seen the steal aways. I'd been hearing about them for the last 10 years, and I finally saw them. They must've been doing some kind of run...helping as many people escape The House as they could.

They were coming back tonight.

My thoughts came to an end as we reached Christian and Dylan.

"How was your little stunt?" Christian asked. He and Dylan were on some swings.

"Awesome." I said quietly. He smiled at me.

I briefly considered telling them about the steal aways. I decided against it. I not sure why I felt so secretive about it, but I did. Something was up with me, I could feel it. I'm not going to tell them. Yet, at least.

"Have a good time, Scarlet?" Christian asked.

She nodded, smiling.

We didn't do much until lunch was called. I sighed with relief when the bell rang. There were only three hours left of visiting after lunch.

I barely ate during lunch. I couldn't get the steal aways out of my mind. They had offered to help me escape. The thought of escaping had never seemed real until that moment.

When we went back outside for the last two hours I immediately hunted John and Brady down for a cigarette.The steal aways had sent my mind whirling, and I needed to relax.

I stood there with my cigarette and looked off, distracted. Though the cigarette was helping clear my head a bit.

It was then that John came over and put his arm around my shoulders. I ignored him. It was no secret that John had a thing for me; the rest of the crew are always mentioning something about it, or John is making it completely obvious by getting friendly or flirty. He even asked me to come back to his room with him once.

"Why don't you take your hood down?" I heard him say.

I shook my head, barely paying attention to him.

I didn't do much for the next three hours; and it felt like forever before the bell finally rang. Dinner was in an hour, so I had some time to kill.

I decided to take a shower. I like to take long showers, so I should finish just in time for dinner. I was washing the dirt off my arms and legs when I heard someone hissing outside the door.

"Quinn! Quinn!"

I coughed. "Um..hello?"

"It's Stevie! Guess what!"

What the fuck? Stevie is standing outside my shower, talking to me. Why? Why ,why, why?

"What the hell, Stevie?! I'm taking a shower!"

"I saw them!"

"What? Saw who? Can't this wait until I'm not naked?"

"The steal aways! They were just outside, Quinn! Just now! But the guards and saw them and set off the alarm! They got away and it was just...crazy!"

I froze. They had come again? They said they would come back...but I didn't think they met this early. It was only like 5:45. Why did they come back so early?

I bit my lip, and another thought crossed my mind.

"Why are you telling me this?" She hunted me down just to tell me something that already happened?

"Because one of them was looking for you! He kept asking where the girl with the messy brown hair and the number 708 was."

My breath caught in my throat. He had been looking for me. What was his name?

Dallas. That was it. Why was he looking for me? I guess it was because they thought I wanted to escape...

Escape. I don't know why the thought made me so nervous but it did. I didn't know what to think. I'd never thought about escaping.

"How do you know them, Quinn? You're like...famous!" Stevie snapped me out of my thoughts.

I rolled my eyes. "I don't know how they know me." I lied. "Maybe they know me from somewhere. I don't know. I'm not famous either. That's stupid."

"Oh well, still! They're the steal aways, Quinn-"

"Alright, Stevie! I know. Can you please let me take my shower in peace now?" I snapped.

"Oh, sure!" I heard her skip off.

My head spun. I knew it was possible that they come back again tonight. I didn't want to talk about escaping again. It was a subject I'd never touched. I wouldn't know what to do if it came up again, just like I hadn't when it did a few hours ago.

I turned the shower off and put my clothes back on, then headed down to the cafeteria. I didn't talk much as Christian, Dylan and I ate. They weren't talking about the steal aways, like most other people, which I thanked fuck for.

Of course I didn't getting any sleep that night. My insomnia was acting up and the shit on my mind was keeping me awake.

I knew the steal aways could be outside the fences right now. I kept expecting to hear an alarm or yelling coming from outside, but it never happened. They obviously didn't get caught this time.

I still didn't sleep. Somehow, the eerie silence was much worse then hearing the alarm.

A few days passed before something else happened.

I didn't know what day it was, no one really did, and Christian, Dylan, I were just finishing dinner. Scarlet had been sitting with us that week, but for some reason she hadn't showed up tonight.

The bell rang. I shoved my hands in my pockets as I walked out of the cafeteria.

Just as I was walking out the door a hand grabbed my arm and pulled me behind a large statue. I blinked up at the person.

"Scarlet?"

"Quinn." She breathed, her eyes wide. She was panting.

"Are you...are you okay?" I asked, seeing the weird way she was acting.

She grinned weirdly and looked at me. "I'm great."

She shook her head, the smile never disappearing from her face. What was up with her? She was normally quiet. A thought crossed my mind.

"Scarlet, are you high or something?"

She frowned, her breathing calming a bit. Her eyes focused. "What? No! I have something to ask you."

I zipped up my jacket uncomfortably. What did she want to ask me?

"What?"
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N: HUGE THANKS to everyone commenting, reading, voting, fanning! I'll go back to reading all your stories now! HUGS and commenting, voting, fanning etc. is always appreciated, more to come soon! :)