Status: Active, working on plot outline. Waiting for feedback. xD

The Human Climax

Chapter 6: Pretty Little Sins

"You say it's not the real world,

But it seems so real to me."

~ Wolfmother

*****

I skipped dinner that night. I've skipped meals before, and sometimes some monitor comes looking for me. Lucky for me that hadn't happened, yet at least.

I was packing a small drawstring bag. I still didn't know if I was escaping, but I didn't know what else to do. Scarlet surely would be leaving sometime soon and I couldn't stall her forever. I had a feeling I would go, but...I was in denial. How could I escape? How could I just leave?

I dropped the bag and sat on my bed, putting my head in my hands.

Who was I kidding?

The image of what I had witnessed that morning flashed through my mind. Scarlet was right. This place was not a home. It never was.

I knew. I knew I was escaping. I had to. I wanted to. I wanted to get out of here and fight the power instead of living with it.

I would take Christian and Dylan. I had to look out for them. I would talk to Scarlet. We'll find the steal aways and everything will work out.

Oh, yeah, Quinn! I'm sure it's as easy as fucking baking a cake!

Although I probably would find that a pretty difficult. I haven't baked a cake in ten years.

"Ah!" I said and sat back against the wall.

I stood and kicked the wall. I bit my lip and walked out, slamming the wooden door behind me.

At the end of the huge white hallway stood none other then Thor. I rolled my eyes as I saw him narrow his multiple eyes at me, walking towards me.

"Number 708-!"

"Don't come any closer!" I cut him off. "I'm going."

He followed me to the cafeteria. I guess I couldn't go back to my room now.

I should get some food in me before talking to Christian and Dylan about escaping anyway.

**

"What is it, Quinn?"

"You're making me nervous with your silence."

"Quinn, would you quit? Why are we doing this?"

"Is this one of those special discussions?"

"Wait! Are you dating John Flinn?!"

"She wouldn't do that, Christian."

"Oh yeah? Well what else could it be?"

"I don't know! Bah."

"QUINN!"

I sighed Christian and Dylan trailed behind me through the vast hallways to my small room. I had asked them to come and have a talk. I sighed again as they asked more questions.

"Shut up!"

Dylan went quiet, sighing, but Christian continued to mumble under his breath.

We reached my room and I ushered them quickly inside before sitting down across from them.

I just stared at them, unsure what to say or start with.

"What is it, Quinn?" Christian whispered.

I decided to just come out with it. What else was there to say? I wasn't going to be all I-want-to-live-a-happy-frickin-life like Scarlet had when she talked to me.

"I'm going to escape."

No words can explain their facial expressions at that moment. They were silent for a minute.

"W-Why?" Dylan said so softly I barely heard it. His ears had turned pink. Christian appeared to be speechless.

"Think about it, guys," I said, forcing myself to look at them. "Why are we wasting our lives here? I think it'll be good for us."

"I see what you're saying, Quinn," Christian said, frowning. "But...we can't."

I looked him, my heart skipping a beat. "Don't just say that, Chris. Why can't we?"

Some where deep down, I knew what he was going to say and what was going to happen.

He swallowed and stared at me. "How can I, Quinn? Did you really want to?" He lowered his voice and leaned closer. "I can't bring Dylan out there. We have to look out for him. It's to dangerous out there. For all of us, Quinn."

I narrowed my eyes slowly. "Dylan can handle himself. He's sixteen years old for fuck's sake, Christian. It's practically as dangerous here. I care as much about his safety as you do. He needs to see the real world."

"The world now isn't the same world we knew before the invasion, Quinn! Things have changed, for the worse! The Anderson twins died! I know you care, Quinn, I know you do, but this isn't good for us. It's different for the steal aways. Escaping is for them, it's their way of life, not us. We've been here for ten years. C'mon!"

"I knew you would be a prick about this."

"Stop it, Quinn. Are you crazy? Why the hell do you want to go?"

"Because, Christian! We're wasting our lives!"

"Was it because you met those stupid steal aways? They're lunatics! Don't listen to them."

"Scarlet asked me to go!" They gasped. "Yes, sweet, innocent Scarlet wants to go! What does that tell you?"

"Scarlet?"

"Yes. She's convinced me. I want to get out of here, guys. Please come with me. I need you guys." I looked down, surprised at my own words.

But they were true. I did need them. They were a necessity. I needed them like John Flinn needs cigarettes.

"Quinn, please don't go," Christian said sadly. "We need you too. But Dylan-"

"Dylan is sixteen!"

"Yes, he is! But how he ever going to adjust-"

"He'll be fine. This place will give him a heart attack before escaping does!"

"You don't know that-"

"Stop!" Suddenly Dylan's dry voice made us go dead silent. He was sweating and looking at both of us with wide, fearful eyes.

"What about what I want to do? Instead of you two deciding that for me?" He crossed his arms and spoke at us with sarcasm, narrowing his eyes.

I blinked, surprised.

"Sorry, bud," Christian said.

"Well what do you want to do, Dylan?" I said softly, looking at his face.

He bit his lip and hugged his stomach. "I don't want you guys to fight. And I don't want us to separate!" His eyes had gone huge.

It went so quiet so you could hear a pin drop. The air felt so thick it was hard for me to breath. I started to sweat.

Deep down, we knew Dylan's words were possible. But no one wanted to accept, at all.

"Well say something!" He said. I could tell he was starting to panic.

I sat next to him, sinking into the hard bed and taking his hand.

"It'll be okay, Dylan," I said quietly.

Christian rubbed his back. "Dylan, what do you think we should do?"

"We should stay!" He said quickly, and continued to hug his knees to his chest, as if the very thought of escaping could come up and bite him.

I swallowed as I looked at him and forced the tears that threatened to spill down. I bit so hard on my lip it started to bleed.

"You're scared, aren't you?" I whispered. My voice cracked.

He nodded ever so slowly and in that very moment it felt like my head completely split in two.

"So you'll stay?" He said, and the hope in his voice just about killed me.

I shook my head and I felt something wet slide down my cheek.

It took me a minute to realize it was a tear. A single tear. The moisture on my face felt strange, and the way my eyes were wet made me feel like I was drowning. Oh fuck, I was crying, wasn't I? I saw and Dylan widen their eyes at me.

I didn't blame them, I haven't cried in years. It felt like my chest was imploding.

Dylan's lips parted but he said nothing.

I knew I had to leave. Why couldn't they come?!

But I knew why.

"Dammit!" I said, and stalked out of the room, slamming the door behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N: Oh my God. I haven't updated in soo long! Im soo sorry guise, hope your still reading! Ive been soo busy! :/ Must catch up on your stories. Tell me what you think and stuff! Chapter 7 on its way. :)