Toying With Paradise

Image

Mason Raymond, Alex Burrows, and Ryan Kesler.

What do you think of when you hear those names? The 2011 Stanley Cup Finals right? How they were expected to win? How disappointed they were after that game seven?

You certainly would not think of newly single men. After the Finals the pressure of everything crashed around them, sending their families into chaos.

Alex thought that his life would be fine. He thought that his new baby girl would be the glue to his family, but there is only so much a four month old baby girl can do. Night after night of screaming fights, his wife left only to leave behind papers asking for a divorce.

Ryan thought the same thing. He thought that Makayla and Ryker would keep his wife from leaving, but she couldn't stand the nights alone. She couldn't stand being ignored. She couldn't stand the fact that Ryan didn't open up to her anymore, so what did she do? She left.

Mason took a risk getting married so young. He thought that it could all work, that he could make it work. After the Finals, he realized he wasn't ready and neither was his wife. They opted to get the marriage annulled. He may act strong, but he's falling apart inside.

These teammates have gone through incredibly rough times and they weren't sure they were ready to prepare for another season, so they took a trip. A trip to clear their minds. A trip to relieve the stress. But they never thought this trip would lead to love.

Australia get ready, the Canucks are ready to toy with paradise.