Toying With Paradise

A Simple Kiss

“I am so full,” Jessa groaned as she pushed away her empty dinner plate away from her. A series of grunts were made from the guys and girls sitting around the table.

“I still can’t believe you ate all of that food,” she heard Pearson grumble beside her. Jessa glanced at everyone’s plate and noticed that all of the girls had only eaten a small portion of their meal, which caused her to grunt once more. Her friends had warned her to not eat so much, but she hadn’t had anything to eat all day and was starving. Ayla giggled at Jessa’s reaction and turned to Ryan, who happened to be seated next to her.

“If there’s one thing you should know about Jess, it’s that she eats like a man!”

Everyone around the table began to laugh, minus Jessa, who was finding it extremely difficult to move, let alone laugh without her stomach feeling like it was about to burst. Ryan silently laughed to himself as Jess moved uncomfortably in her seat and pulled out his phone.

----

@Ryan_Kesler: Apparently @Leafit2Jess eats like a man. #funfact #goodtoknow

@Leafit2Jess: Gee, thanks. Way to put me on blast @Ryan_Kesler #notcool

@MayRay21: It’s not a bad thing @Leafit2Jess Ry thinks it’s adorable ;) #truestory

----

Despite wanting to barf, Jessa chuckled as she threw her phone back into her purse.

“I’m beat,” Ayla yawned as she put on her coat and grabbed her purse. “Let’s go back to the hotel?”

“We can escort you lovely ladies, we’re going the same way,” Mason politely offered. Everyone, besides Jessa rose from their seats.

“I can hardly move though!” she complained.

“I’ll stay with her,” Ryan told the group. “I’ll see you guys back at the hotel.”

“Alright man, here,” Alex started and tossed Ryan a set of keys. “Take the rental car.”

The gang walked up to the front counter, paid for their meals, and then exited the restaurant. As Ryan watched Jessa squirm in her seat, he got an idea.

“Let’s go for a walk on the beach.” Ryan held out his hand to Jessa and she graciously accepted it. He laced his fingers with hers and guided her out of the restaurant and onto the sandy beach. The sun had already set and the reflection of moon on the water was the only source of light Ry and Jessa had as they walked along the shore.

“Are you feeling better?” Jessa glanced over to Ryan and grinned.

“I’m feeling great Ry. Thanks for staying with me.”

“Anytime. Let’s sit down for a bit.” Ryan let go of Jessa’s hand and plopped down onto the sand. Jessa followed suit and lied down on her back, staring up at the stars.

----

@Leafit2Jess: The stars look absolutely beautiful tonight.

@Ryan_Kesler: I can think of something else that looks breathtakingly beautiful tonight too @Leafit2Jess

@Leafit2Jess: @Ryan_Kesler Oh, really? Please do enlighten me. #curious

@Ryan_Kesler: You. @Leafit2Jess

@Ayceee: AWWW! RT: @Ryan_Kesler: You. @Leafit2Jess

----

Jessa playfully elbowed Ryan and giggled, “You’re such a goofball!”

“And you like it,” Ryan pushed her back. The two then jumped to their feet and began to playfully push each other back and forth. Catching Jessa off guard, Ryan picked her up and spun her around a few times.

“Put me down Ry!” She squealed. When Ryan placed her back down on the sand, Jessa realized just how close they were to each other. Ryan saw it as an opportunity to do something he had been dying to do all night.

“I know this might seem extremely forward, but can I kiss you?” Leave it to Ryan to be a complete gentleman and ask, Jessa thought. She grinned and without hesitation grabbed him by the collar of his sweater and pulled him closer to her.

“You don’t even have to ask,” she breathed out. Ryan wasted no time and pressed his lips softly against hers. He pulled away a few moments later and rested his forehead against hers.

“I should get you back to the hotel, it’s getting late,” he sighed. Jessa slightly nodded her head and followed Ryan back to his rental car, hand in hand, the kiss still replaying over and over again in her head. As Ryan started up the car, he kept comparing the kiss he had just had with Jessa, even though it was a simple peck on the lips, to those he had shared with his ex-wife.

The ride back to the hotel was a silent one. Jessa stared at the blank screen on her phone, already thinking about what the kiss could possibly mean for her and Ryan. Ryan, on the other hand, was deep in thought, thinking about his failed marriage and feeling a bit guilty for leaving his kids at home while he was out in Australia partying. As he pulled up to the hotel Jessa was staying at, he ran a hand over his face and let out a heavy sigh. Just when he thought he had gotten over Andrea, feelings were starting to resurface and make him question whether or not divorcing her was the right thing in the first place.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, I know. It's been FOREVER. I hope you liked it though!

I'm sorry that this took so long to update. I feel extremely horrible about it.

Don't forget to comment & subscribe!

xoxo