Toying With Paradise

#kinkyas***

Pearson jolted awake, drenched in her own sweat. Her heart was racing and she was breathing heavily. The dream she just had terrified her. To cool herself off, Pearson decided to take a walk. She made her way down to the lobby and out to the open patio that overlooked the ocean.

She immediately heard the waves crashing as she stepped outside. It was soothing to her, it reminded her of the noise machine she had as a child. Her thoughts drifted from her childhood to her frightening dream.

One, she shouldn’t have been so freaked out. It was fictional.

Two, she had just met Alex…why in hell was she dreaming about him!?

Three, they had a kid together in the dream, Pearson hasn’t even thought about kids yet.

While in her deep thoughts, Pearson didn’t notice the rustling coming from behind her until a pair of hands brushed her shoulders. She let out a high pitched yelp and pushed the stranger.

“Pearson! Calm down! It’s just me!” Alex laughed uncontrollably.

“Why are you laughing?!” Pearson slapped his arm.

“You were so scared!” Alex let out a final laugh before calming down. “What are you doing out here anyway? It’s like three in the morning.”

“I could ask you the same thing.” She composed herself.

“I was on the phone with Nancy, I wanted to check up on Victoria.” He smiled speaking his daughter’s name.

“How old is she?” Pearson and Alex sat down on a bench.

“Four months. It took Mason some time to convince Kes and I to leave our kids for this little vacation.”

“So Raymond doesn’t have any kids?”

“No he and his ex-wife kind of rushed into marriage. They realized it didn’t work so they agreed to have an annulment.”

Pearson hesitated for a second before asking another question, “So what happened with you and Ryan? Sounds like you guys were happy for at least a little while right?”

Alex breathed in a deep breath of air. “Nancy and I…we were ideal at first, but we rushed into having a baby. We tried for a long time, she couldn’t conceive. Bitter words were said and angry feelings were expressed. By the time Nancy finally got pregnant, we were too far gone to fix anything.” Pearson nodded, encouraging him to continue. “Ryan and Andrea…they just stopped loving each other the way they did when they first got married.”

“That must be tragic, falling out of love with someone.” Pearson put a hand on his shoulder.

“It’s not Ryan or I that I’m worried about. It’s our kids. I mean Victoria isn’t old enough to realize, but Makayla must know. She’s just the cutest little thing.” After a little pause, Alex asked her about her past. “What about you? Any memorable exes?”

“Uhm one, but it was only a college relationship. We never got married or anything. Dated for 5 years though…I thought we were.”

-----

@Ayceee: Where the eff is @checkyesJuliet

@Leafit2Jess: Has ANYONE seen Pearson?! @checkyesJuliet

@MayRay21: We lost Burrows! @Ayceee

@Ryan_Kesler: Fishy…

@MayRay21: You know…they’re probably together…@Ayceee @Leafit2Jess @Ryan_Kesler

@Ryan_Kesler: Oh my god…@MayRay21

@Leafit2Jess: No shit Sherlock! @MayRay21

@Ayceee: @MayRay21 Thank you captain obvious…

-----

“Looks like the rest of our crew is looking for us.” Alex laughed as he read his twitter feed.

“We should play with them a little bit.” A smirk appeared on Pearson’s face.
“Follow my lead.”

-----

@Burrows14: So that’s what pool sex feels like #kinkyasfuck

@checkyesJuliet: What an invigorating early morning/late night swim… :)

@Ayceee: THE FUCK?! @Burrows14 @checkyesJuliet

@checkyesJuliet: See you for breakfast? @Burrows14

@Burrows14: Get some sleep ;) See you in a couple hours @checkyesJuliet

@Ryan_Kesler: Holy shit… RT @Burrows14: So that’s what pool sex feels like #kinkyasfuck

-----

Alex and Pearson were laughing hysterically as they walked back up to their rooms. It was the first time in a long time Alex laughed that hard.

“So will I see you for breakfast?” Alex asked as they stopped at Pearson’s room door.

“Depends, what time are you planning on getting up?” She looked up at him; he was a good 7-8 inches taller than her.

Alex moved closer and placed his hands on her hips before speaking again, “if you spend the rest of the morning with me, I’ll wake up when you wake up.”

Her cheeks flushed and she bit her lip, “what are you implying Mr. Burrows?”

“I’m asking,” he emphasized, “if you’ll come back to my room with me. I won’t pull anything, I swear.” He threw up his hands.

Pearson looked at the door and back at Alex. “One condition, I sleep on the right side of the bed.” She grabbed his hand and let him lead her to his room.

“Aren’t we a perfect match? I like the left.”

-----

@Kai_Michelle: Homeboy! Check your posse! Our girl is still missing! @MayRay21

@Ayceee: Why are you suddenly ghetto? @Kai_Michelle

@Kai_Michelle: Had a few mimosas :) @Ayceee

@MayRay21: Checking now homie-G @Kai_Michelle

-----

“ALEX BURROWS!!!” Ryan yelled as loud as possible.

Alex jolted awake and fell off the side of the bed. “What the HELL!”

“Pool sex? Really?” Ryan yelled.

“Kes! See if…” Mason walked through the door.

“See if what?” Just as Ryan asked, Pearson’s head poked out from the comforter.

“So…anyone up for breakfast?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Merry Christmas everybody! I was hoping to get this out yesterday but I didn't get to it in time. I hope you all had a good holiday :)

This was more of just a humorous chapter. Hopefully you like it!

Comment and subscribe dear readers!

Peace. Love. Hockey.

-Amy