Toying With Paradise

A Wedding

The warmth radiating off the sun danced around every square inch of my exposed body. Tanning was one of my favorite activities, as it is of girls in general. Laying on a beach towel, on the beach, in Australia was a dream come true. It had been just one of my dreams that appeared to be turning into reality each and every day.

We’ll do it all.
Everything, on our own.
We don’t need anything or anyone.
If I lay here, if I just lay here, would you lie with me and just forget the world?


The soothing song was barely audible due to the crashing waves several yards away from where I laid. My sunglasses kept most of the sunshine from bothering my eyes while they rested behind their lids. It was so peaceful, aside from the giggling and splashing of several kids running along the edge of the water.

No specific thought had entered my mind until a second ago when someone plopped themselves right next to my head. Without bothering to remove my sunglasses, I slowly opened my eyes and rested my eyes on the person sitting criss-crossed next to me.

“Did I wake you?”

“No,” I answered, looking away from him and back up at the sky.

Only after several seconds of quiet had lapsed between us, did he ask, “what’s wrong?”

“Not one thing,” I voiced, pronouncing every distinct syllable.

“Okay,” was his response which sounded more like a confused question than anything.

Most people I hung around with understood that sometimes peace and quiet was nice. But I also understood that some people found peace and quiet awkward. Maybe Mason was one of those people and maybe I would have to show him how nice it could be.

----

@MayRay21: Well this isn’t awkward at all #totesawk

@Burrows14: Where you at kid?

@MayRay21: Don’t you worry your purty little head about it. ;)

@Ryan_Kesler: @MayRay21 Get some!

----

“What were you listening to?” Mason asked as I pulled the ear bud jack out of my phone, shoved it in my beach bag that laid open in front of him.

“Just a song,” I said, looking down at him since I had stood up to fold the towel I had been laying on, “nothing important.” I then began to pull a white cotton dress over my bathing suit, and reached down for the beach bag. “Are you gonna stay here?”

“What?” He mumbled, taking his eyes off the ocean and looking up at me.

“I’m leaving,” I stated.

“I’ll go with you,” he said, grabbing my sandals in the process of standing up. I thanked him but allowed him to carry them until we reached the pavement. Walking through beach sand with sandals was torture. Every time a step was taken a huge amount of it would swing back, hitting your legs, or clinging to your clothes.

“You don’t even know where I’m going,” I commented after he let my sandals drop one by one on the paved sidewalk along the beach and I slid them on, looking up at him.

His remark was breath- takingly beautiful. “Any place with you is better than any place without you.”

“We’ll see how long that lasts,” I joked, looking back down at the ground.

We continued to walk down the beach sidewalk in silence. The sun was beginning to set but it was still remarkably warm. Even the breeze was warm.

“Where are you going?”

I remained silent, pondering his question, trying to decide where I was heading. “I’m not quite sure, what’s going on over there?” I implored, pointing at a small crowd on a small cliff.

He remained quiet as we continued to walk towards it until it became visibly clear. “A wedding,” he affirmed. We took a seat on a white green bench on the sidewalk that was facing the small ceremony.

A wedding, he said. That was all it took to take me back to the lives we lead back home. My left thumb instinctively began to toy with the white-gold, diamond-decorated band on my left ring finger. Cheers broke out from the small crowd on the rocks and apart from that and the sound of people walking on the sidewalk, all that was heard was the sound of crashing waves.

“Is that uh-?” The poor guy couldn’t even bring himself to finish his sentence. I looked him in the eyes and slowly nodded my head.

“I, I didn’t know,” he said, standing up, “if I would’ve- I uh- I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to…”

“It’s not your fault,” I whispered, begging him to sit back down. But something overtook him because he only gazed at me for a few more seconds before he turned his back to me, walking across the street and away from me in a hurriedly fashion.

----

@Ayceee: Great. #wtfjusthappened

@MayRay21: Confused as fuck.

@Leafit2Jess: RT: @Ayceee: Great. #wtfjusthappened What?

checkyesJuliet: @Ayceee @Leafit2Jess ???

@Burrows14: @Aycee small dick, eh? MayRay21: The truth comes out.

@Ryan_Kesler: @Burrows14 lmfao bro.

----

A salty tear escaped my eye and scurried down my cheek with my last tweet, but that was all.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's been a while and I apologize if you have forgotten about this completely.

Subscribe;)

Comments?