Hummingbird Heartbeat

.01

"Nice," I clapped my hands softly together as I watched Chris completely embarrass himself in front of a few beautiful girls. He picked himself off the ground casually, brushed himself off and strolled past me.

Not a word,” he muttered, knowing me all too well. I bit my lip and followed him along the white sand, I didn’t speak until we reached the sidewalk bar and even then it took him giving me two words to pull it out of me. “Say it.”

You’re the cutest dork I have ever met, Chris,” I couldn’t help but laugh as I took a seat on the stool beside him; I took off my sun hat and sat it on the bar. “How you manage to look cool while falling is beyond me.”

Thanks,” he said dryly as he waved down the bartender. “Why didn’t you warn me about that sand castle?

Well I didn’t think I had to, seeing as it was huge, right in front of you and noticeable. I wasn’t thinking you’d be completely enthralled by staring at Paris Hilton wannabe’s ass or I would have spoken up so you wouldn’t have pancaked that poor child’s work of art,” I told him simply as I adjusted my bathing suit top.

“You are the worst personal assistant ever, Frankie.”

“I apologize,” I laughed softly to myself until the bartender popped up. “Can I have a long island iced tea please?”

“Wimp,” Chris muttered ordering a shot of Jack Daniels. “So, why did you bring me to the beach to embarrass myself?”

“I wanted you to relax, Chris. You have been so stressed out over everything, I want for just one day, to see you smiling and relaxing,” I patted him on the shoulder softly. “Granted falling on your face wasn’t what I had in mind but it sure made me laugh.”

“It was funny,” he agreed reluctantly with a small smile on his lips as he put the brim of the glass to his bottom lip and swigged it back. “Thanks for kidnapping me from all the fuss, I needed this.”

“Yes you did,” I agreed and sipped at my large glass that somewhat resembled a wine glass that had been five times too big. “You’re welcome.”

“Sometimes I think you’re the only one around me that actually cares about my well-being, not about money, movies or press. Just me, I appreciate it, Frankie,” he smiled and nudged me with his side. “Let’s have fun. Drink up; I want to see your ass drunk off that pissy drink.”

“Oh it won’t take much,” I murmured eyeing the large glass with doubt. “I don’t know if it will take even half of this to get me drunk.”

“Oh you’re drinking it all,” Chris nodded his head frantically. “Neither of us are driving, we’re walking distance from the hotel, we’re both adults that are quite capable of taking care of each other,” Chris held his glass, which had been refilled, up in the air. “Drink up sweetheart.”

“Oh I’m going to regret this in the morning,” I squeezed my eyes shut, wrapped my lips around the pink straw and sucked half the liquid out of the glass before coming up for air.

“One more time,” Chris cheered me on, I blinked and laughed at him before I repeated my previous actions and finished off the rest of the long island iced tea. “Now what do you want?”

“What else is good?” I asked, feeling light headed from drinking it so fast.

“Oh,” he brightened and leaned forward to grab the bartender’s attention. “Can I get a mind eraser and two patron shots over here?”

“Mind eraser?” I eyed him cautiously. “You’re trying to fuck me up, aren’t you?”

“I’m trying to finally let you loose,” Chris laughed and handed me a shot glass. “This burns like hell, just throw it back.”

“On the count of three,” I grabbed the shot glass and took a deep breath. “One, two…”

“Three,” Chris and I took the shots together and groaned afterwards at the sting. “Now the mind eraser, we both drink this one together, two straws and we don’t stop drinking until it’s gone, okay?”

“Okay,” I said, feeling lighter than I ever had. “Ready?”

“Drink,” Chris commanded and we both drank until the fake coconut it was served in was empty.

“What was in that?" I asked, clutching my forehead with my eyes closed.

“Six or seven shots of various liquors,” Chris answered nonchalantly. “I think we should try getting back to the hotel before it really hits us.”

“This isn’t hit?” I pointed to my face, I was slurring so bad I even noticed it.

“Nope, come on lightweight,” he wrapped an arm around my shoulder and led me to the boardwalk, right after he paid the bartender.

“Oh my lord, Chris! The world is spinning,” I clutched at his beyond well-defined chest and buried my face into his shoulder, stopping all movement. “I can’t move….”

“You’re going to kill me tomorrow,” Chris chuckled and somehow managed to talk me into letting him carry me, very carefully back to the hotel room we were sharing. Once inside, he laid me on his bed and sat down beside me. “Shit, that tore me up too.”

“My eyes feel funny and I’m really happy on the inside,” I giggled and patted Chris’ back, which was turned to me. “Come here and listen to my heart, it’s really fast.”

“It’ll slow down soon,” he laughed as he turned around.

“No listen, its playing a song,” I grabbed his head and forced his ear to my left breast. “Sounds like music, something I heard from Timbaland.”

“Francis, my head is on your tit, can I move?” Chris said slowly, trying to move but I held him firmly in place.

“Nope, you are very- I like your hair,” I ran my hand through his short blond hair, softly scratching his scalp with my nails. “Did you know I’ve dreamed of doing this? I never thought I’d get to do it, you’re always with some dumb chick that hates me and you only see me as a friend, so I never have felt your hair. It’s nice.”

“I’ll let you do it more often,” he twisted into a more comfortable position and kept his head on my breast. “It feels good.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! New story, let me know about this one.

Image