Hummingbird Heartbeat

.02

“You know you’re a beautiful person, Chris? Not just on the outside, I mean you are one hot son of a bitch but I mean on the inside too. You’re the best person I know,” I whispered and used my free hand to wipe tears away from my eyes. “I love you Christopher Robert Evans.”

“I love you too Frankie,” he patted my thigh.

“Not like I love you,” was the last thing I did but I didn’t remember it, I just remember waking up. “Oh my god, what hit me?” I whispered out of instinct once I woke up with a woodpecker in my skull, hammering on my brain.

“That would be a hangover,” Chris walked over casually and handed me two white pills, water and sat down beside me. “You are one funny as hell drunk.”

“Don’t tell me I did something embarrassing,” I lay back on the pillow after taking the pills and clutched the sheets to my chest. “I don’t remember much.”

“I remember more than I thought I would,” Chris sneered and shrugged. “It didn’t take long to get our asses wasted.”

“I’m a serious lightweight, I didn’t start drinking until I was twenty two,” I closed my eyes and tried to ignore the splitting in my brain. “I’m sorry if I did anything stupid.”

“You didn’t, except you might have spooned me all night,” Chris laughed it off as he packed his bag. “I freaked when I woke up, I didn’t remember anything at first so I thought we had drunk sex.”

“I have clothes on, don’t I?” I asked, afraid to look under the sheets.

“Yes, your clothes are still on,” Chris smiled bringing his bottle of water to his lips. “Trust me, I checked.”

“Oh my God that would have been awkward,” I breathed out a sigh of relief; I would have loved to have been tangled up in the sheets with Christ, what girl wouldn’t? But really, drunk sex with your employer, not good.

“Definitely,” Chris agreed. “Anyways, hurry up and sober up, we gotta meet with the cast for the Avengers at three.”

“Oh man,” I whined, I didn’t want to make a professional appearance looking and feeling like stomped dog shit.

“It’s just lunch, getting to know them a bit before we start filming,” Chris laughed at me, he knew I obsessed over small things and he definitely knew in the next five minutes, I’d start flipping out about everything. “Just get dressed.”

“How are you not drunk still, or even hung-over?” I shrilly called out as he walked out of the room.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Ten minutes later I was in route to a small restaurant called The Ivy that Chris had told me about. “Frankie, can you do me a favor?” Chris interrupted me combing my tangles out of my hair with my fingers.

“Depends,” I said absently.

“Don’t freak out, some of your favorite actors will be in this movie,” Chris warned me fairly but I rolled my eyes and thought nothing of it.

“Chris please, I’m a professional PA, give me some credit. I deal with famous people on a day to day basis,” I told him arrogantly.

“Frankie, you’ve been a PA for three months, I still plan all my stuff because you can’t work a blackberry. I asked you to be my PA because you’re my best friend,” Chris laughed and patted me on the back. “Nice try though.”

“Worth a shot,” I shrugged. “Can’t promise that I won’t ask at least one person for an autograph.”

“Frankie,” he actually got tickled, laughing really hard by my seriousness. “God, you ain’t right, girl.”

Five minutes after sitting down with the cast of The Avengers and I was closer to having a panic attack than I ever had been. Across from me was Robert Downey Jr, beside him was the gorgeous Scarlett Johannson, beside her was Samuel L. Jackson, across from him was Chris Hemsworth, beside Chris was Mark Ruffalo, beside me was Chris on my left and Jeremy Renner on my right and beside him was a guy named Tom Hiddleson, the room was glowing from the amount of beautiful people contained in it. It literally was almost too much to take.

I listened to them talk about the movie concept for thirty minutes until the food arrived that we all ordered. I had been doing good, no one noticed my sunglasses inside due to the bright light or the way I flinched with loud laughter but they definitely noticed when I hurriedly excused myself from the table to go puke when the smell of Scarlett’s tilapia hit me with full force and sent an overwhelming wave of nausea over me that was too strong to ignore. When I took the walk of shame back to the table, everyone was quiet.

“Don’t worry about it honey, we’ve all done it,” I was shocked when Robert stopped cutting his steak to talk to me. “I don’t recommend eating that salad with honey mustard, any dressing really. You’ll be saying hi to it again in half an hour if you do eat it.”

“You need a Bloody Mary, it’s an amazing hangover remedy,” Scarlett commented and then flagged down a waiter to order it for me. “Chris explained your night to us, kudos for sticking through a long island, mind eraser and shot of patron to make him smile.”

“Anything for a happy boss,” I laughed with them. I sipped the bloody Mary until my headache was gone and I was feeling better. I left with Chris three hours after getting there with several new friends and phone numbers.

“Feeling better?” Chris asked on our way to the airport, we had to return home for some business before going off to film the Avengers.

“Yeah,” I nodded my head and laid it against the window. “Just tired.”

“You sure?” Chris pressed on.

“Yep,” I nodded against the glass and closed my eyes. “Wake me when we get to the airport.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“I thought there was something else behind that smile you give him,” Scarlett and I had gotten to be very close friends while Chris filmed the Avengers, Scar and I spent her days off shopping or having girls nights in her trailer.

“Don’t say anything, he’s my boss,” I paused and added. “He’s my best friend.”

“You’re so innocent and sweet,” she pinched my cheeks roughly, I glared at her. “You’re never going to get what you want sitting on your ass watching your opportunity pass by. If you want him, let him know, get him and make him yours.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay

Image