Hummingbird Heartbeat

.04

“No,” I sighed softly and fell into Robert’s car when he opened up the door, I curled against the seat and waited until he walked around and got in. “I know.”

“Is this all about Chris?” he questioned, I raised my head and drunkenly stared at him in shock.

“How’d you know?” I whispered

“It’s obvious you’re head over heels for the boy,” he smiled sadly at that. “Plus he talked to me about what happened.”

“What a tattle tale,” I whispered and Robert laughed.

“All I’m going to tell you, since you probably won’t remember this tomorrow,” he smiled when I groaned. “Go for it, if he doesn’t want you it’s his loss but it’s some other lucky fools gain.”

“Why are you married?” I complained the compliment that he was one hell of a guy, which made him laugh again, at me.

“Because I’m some other lucky fool,” I couldn’t help but awe and smile at his reply.

“Good for you Robert, I’m happy for you,” I whispered before it all went dark. I guess I can’t handle my liquor.

*~*~*~*~*~*

“Mild hangover, not going to complain because it could be way worse,” I sipped coffee, checked my emails and spoke on the phone to Scarlett all at the same time. That is multitasking at its finest. “What about you?”

“I can’t remember a damn thing,” she answered quickly. “And my head is exploding, Tylenol isn’t working and I have been up since six this morning, I’m only assuming from the punishment that last night was pretty damn awesome.”

“Yeah, only less emphasis on the awesome,” I answered as I took another sip from my mug. “Chris is filming today, right?”

“Yeah, right now as a matter of fact. Need me to relay something of importance?” she asked, a little too happy to be working while hung-over.

“Nope, don’t tell him we’re talking,” I said in a rush.

“Oh, I’m sensing something happened between you two,” Scarlett’s voice lowered to a hush and when I didn’t answer, she added. “What did I miss?”

“I kissed Chris, Chris chickened out, I got drunk and I think I flashed the bar my boobs at some point,” I murmured unclearly, not real sure at some of my finer points throughout the night.

“Holy shit, what a bitch,” she scoffed and went quiet for a minute. “I’m sorry Frankie that was completely unexpected. I seriously thought he’d grow a pair and be romantic and stuff.”

“He doesn’t like me like that, you can’t be romantic and stuff if you’re not attracted,” I explained to her truthfully, something I needed to accept. “I’m okay, better than I expected to be really honest.”

“No, that’s not something anybody can be okay with,” Scarlett argued. “I’m so sorry I pushed you, had I known I would have forced you onto Jeremy or someone hot.”

“I love you Scar,” I laughed softly and forced myself to close my laptop. “I’m going to go take a shower, I smell like vodka and something I can’t and don’t want to identify-“

“I’m going to set you up on a blind date!” she shouted and then added quickly. “Don’t argue, it will be awesome, I love you. Bye girl!”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Well I won’t ever doubt Scarlett’s taste again,” when I spoke, I honestly didn’t realize it was out loud. I guess I had been so shocked by my blind date that my brain was frozen solid. “That was not meant to come out of my head…”

“It’s nice to meet you Frankie, I have to agree with you honestly,” the blind date that Scarlett set me up with was none other than the super delicious Ryan Gosling and when he spoke, it was directed to me! “You are way more than I expected.”

“Thank you,” I blushed and looked away out of embarrassment. “You too.”

“So how do you know Scarlett?” he started the small talk easily, which I was very thankful for because if it were up to me to start it, he’d probably run away from all my random and weird ice breakers under my sleeves. Thanks to two brothers and the ever so charming, Chris.

“I’m a personal assistant to a friend of hers,” I explained simply, I was afraid I’d stutter if I spoke too much.

“Oh, I bet that’s fun. Doing all they’re dirty work,” Ryan laughed as he unfolded his napkin. He glanced up at the waitress when she walked up, his eyes brightened and he smiled. “How are you doing tonight, darling?”

“Hey Ryan, it’s been busy,” she smiled in a friendly manner and pulled out a pen from her apron. “What will it be tonight?”

“Scotch if you would,” he nodded and looked at me expectantly.

“A glass of red wine please,” I looked at the young woman, who smiled and nodded her head.

“I’ll be right back,” she promised before she left to get our drinks.

“She’s my best friend’s little sister, it’s her first job,” Ryan said seconds after she disappeared from view. “If you wouldn’t mind, just pretend she’s doing a bang up job; she’s excited about working here and I don’t want to ruin her excitement, even though this place pretty much sucks.”

“She is doing a bang up job, she’s even got a good attitude for this kind of job,” I smiled and watched as she came back with a tray, sat our drinks down and disappeared with a promise to be back shortly. “So what made you decide to go one a blind date set up by Scarlett Johansson?”

“She’s a persistent little firecracker,” he answered with a grin, I giggled with a nod. “Plus her excitement towards setting up a date for her ‘best friend who is the sweetest soul ever’ kind of made me agree just to meet you.”

“Aw, she’s so sweet,” I cooed with pride, making a mental note to send a bouquet of red roses to that beautiful being for pretty much making my next ten years with this date.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm back! I'm writing again, I had gotten bored with this story but I'm back with it. Please keep me motivated!

Image