Hummingbird Heartbeat

.05

“Why did you agree?” Ryan retorted, sipping on his scotch very slowly.

“To the blind date thing?” I asked just to make sure, he nodded so I continued. “Figured it couldn’t hurt, I don’t have any guys exactly lining up for me.”

“Really?” he smirked. “I find that hard to believe.”

“I have problems with guys,” I muttered, glancing away.

“That many guy problems for you, Frankie?” he asked with a quirked eyebrow.

“Just one but it’s enough,” I admitted with a humorous laugh. “You know, that one person you just know you should give up on but won’t because you feel like your quitting, giving up something that could potentially be something great?”

“Definitely know that one,” he agreed with a raised hand. “Those are the ones we should probably avoid but won’t because we’re too stubborn to give up.”

“That one,” I pointed at him. “I’m finally giving up the chase, I’m tired of the habit and this date is the start, the start of something new.”

“Well I’m honored to be your first,” he winked and raised his glass of scotch; I mimicked and raised my wine glass to his. “A toast to something new, something better.”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Why aren’t you answering the phone, Frankie? Call me back when you get this. To delete this message press seven, to go to the next message press three, seriously answer the phone, Francis, this is the seventh fucking phone call today that you’ve ignored. Call me back or I’m coming to find you to-“ the voicemail was silenced when a hand reached out and took the phone away from my ear, I grinned and turned to face the culprit that held my cell phone hostage.

“You’re going to get me in trouble, Mr. Gosling,” I told him sternly, but I was smiling.

“And you care why?” he asked raising an eyebrow; I pondered for a minute before I shrugged and rolled over on top of him. “That’s what I thought.”

“You’re a bad influence on me,” I grinned and pecked his lips softly.

“I kind of enjoy that part,” he rolled us over so he had me pinned to the bed with my hands haloing my head. “Who was on the phone? That couldn’t all be your boss?”

“My boss is my that one that we talked about,” I gave him an exhausted look. “He’s used to me being stuck up his ass all the time, he doesn’t know what to do now that I’m not jammed up his crack.”

"Your such a lady," he carressed my cheek with a cheesy smile. "I love it."

"I'm not just a lady, I'm a twisted and sadistic lady," I gave him a full smile and kissed his lips. "But I'm serious, he doesn't know how to deal with me...not with him all the time."

“I bet these past three weeks have been hell for his ego, not having you around to hurt,” he grinned and bent down to nibble on my lip. He continued down my chest until a loud obnoxious pounding interrupted him. “Is someone trying to kill your door?”

“That would be my boss,” I told him with a groan, I tried to get out from under Ryan but he smirked, held a finger up and slowly got out of bed. “What are you doing?”

“Introducing myself,” he explained as he slid on his jeans and left them unzipped and unbuttoned and then headed out the bedroom door.

“Oh shit,” I scurried around the room, throwing on various items of clothes that I had worn the day before and then I hurried to the front door. “Chris, hey-“

“I’ve called for the past two days straight, I come to check and see if you’re dead and find Ryan Gosling answering your front door?” Chris was beyond confused but he looked like more, he looked hurt. “Why haven’t you called me back? I know now why we haven’t talked as much or why I never see you.”

“I didn’t want to tell you because I know how protective you are,” I explained half of my reasoning, the other half; I just didn’t want to tell him. “I’m sorry; I haven’t called you back because my phone is dead.”

“It’s cool, I’ll go. I’m sorry I interrupted you and-“Chris paused, looking at Ryan.

“My boyfriend,” I offered quietly.

“You and your boyfriend,” he corrected himself with a grim smile. “I’ll see you tomorrow at the luncheon with the cast and crew, right?”

“I’ll be there,” I confirmed it; he didn’t say anything and just left with the door wide open.

“Boy, he wasn’t jealous at all,” Ryan sarcastically called out loudly, making me jump from my daze. “What a dick, he’s a horrible boss. Come on babe.”

“I don’t feel like fooling around anymore,” I murmured, looking up at him apologetically.

“Okay,” he sighed and pushed off the wall, he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close to him. “How about some breakfast?”

“More like lunch,” I laughed softly and felt his hands slipping away as he walked towards my kitchen.

“Yeah, lunch,” he waved his hand nonchalantly without looking back at me. “Let’s see what I can burn…”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Chris is having withdrawals from you,” Scarlett sighed softly as she flipped through a magazine while we waited for Ryan to finish getting dressed by the stylist. We had joined Ryan onset of a new movie he was getting ready for.

“That wasn’t subtle at all,” I laughed at her blunt way of breaking the ice on a subject that wasn’t well liked.

“I’ve never been one for subtlety,” she smiled and put the magazine down. “I’m serious though, Chris is freaking out since you got a life of your own. Its like you've been seperated at the hip.”

“I’m sorry, what am I supposed to do? He didn’t want me, I moved on and now he freaks out and can’t stand to lose me?” I looked at Scarlett with frustration displaying on my face. “What does he expect from me exactly? I’ve been right there beside him since middle school, I need to live my own life for once and stop living his.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Thanks for the comments that you do leave, it really does make me update.