A Love Like Ours Is Terrible News

Un.

When I got out from the bus, the cold weather of Seattle quickly crept on me. It was windy and chilly, even though it was in the middle of summer. The bus stopped a few feet from the main entrance of El Corazon, the first venue of the tour. What had been going on these past year were crazy. Just a few years ago, we were still playing in our garage and now, we’ve been on the other side of the planet and being on tour was a yearly routine.

Some crews were already loading out our equipment boxes as I walked to the main entrance. There were a few fans already lining up for tonight’s show, even though it was only 7.30 AM in the morning. I could see Devin, Jeff and Brent already talking to them.

“There he is!”, Devin exclaimed when he noticed me walking towards them. “The sleeping beauty!”

I rolled my eyes as I approached them and stuffed my hands inside my pockets because it was getting colder by the second. “Hey, guys.”, I greeted Devin and the fan who was talking to him.

“Andrew, can you sign this?”, another fan came up to me with her phone and Sharpie in hand. She had her toothy shy smile and it looked like she was scared to make eye contact with me.

“Sure.”, I smiled warmly, trying to ease her tension as I took her phone and Sharpie before signing it where she wanted me to. “What’s your name?”

When she told me her name, I looked up and saw a black van with a trailer attached behind them stopped, right behind our trailer. Some guys I’ve never seen before came out and then, a girl came out last. Her red hair was a bit messy, probably because she slept on it on the way here. She was only wearing a tank top and shorts without looking cold, while I on the other hand, had my hoodie on.

“Andrew?”, the fan asked, snapping me out of my thoughts. “Are you okay?”

“Yea, just got a bit… spacey.”, I quickly signed her phone and scribbled her name before giving it back to her, along with her Sharpie. Devin said goodbyes to the fans because we would be getting some breakfast nearby, so I did the same thing and caught up with him and Brent.

“How I love to be on tour. Right, bro?”, Devin asked with his hands on the back of his head.

I shrugged my shoulders and trying to look back past my shoulders, just to get a glance of the red hair girl. “Do you know who they are, the ones that just came out from the black van.”

“Oh, that’s Midnight.”, Brent answered with his eyes on his shoes. “They’re a new band and apparently, they have a girl vocalist, not to mention, she’s also the band’s screamer. She’s better than you, Dev.”

Devin blew raspberries and rolled his eyes. “Just because I can’t scream, doesn’t mean I can’t sing.”

“Do you guys know what’s her name?”, I asked bluntly. It was a risky thing to ask the guys, because they would jump into conclusions like I liked her or something. To be honest, I was attracted to her for a second, but like? I didn’t want to be too forward about things.

“I think it’s Fiola? Fiolet? I forgot.”, Brent shrugged his shoulders. I didn’t realize that we reached the bus and I waited outside as Devin got into the bus to get the others. When Jimmy and Zach came out, we all walked to the nearest Subway to get our breakfast. I walked slowly so I was behind the group and when we crossed the street, I saw the girl was talking to one of the guys of her band and suddenly, she looked over my way. I quickly looked away, not wanting to be a creeper.
♠ ♠ ♠
TA-DA! i feel pretty productive so i decided to just post this. yes, i know, i have too much uncompleted stories, but whatever, i'll get them one by one. This is for Fasya, because she loves Andrew Oliver too much it hurts, haha, and she's Fiolet :) She even insisted to see a bit of Jimmy-myself, but I don't know, haha, probably, a huge chance ;)
anyway, comment/subscribe?
<3