The Only Thing That Matters Is the Ending

Here is Gone

I slammed the door to my car, while trying to convince myself that life doesn't suck. It was a loosing argument. I pocketed my keys and looked around. Same old yard. Browning grass, wilting flowers, no leaves on the tree. This didn't do anything for my mood. Still trying to keep in tears, I slumped on the doorstep, burying my head in my hands. I rocked back and forth, hugging my knees. It shouldn't be this hard. It's been a month. I should be able to get over this.
But I can't.
Never Forgive, Never Forget.
I read that on a Sweeney Todd movie poster, and it's my motto now. I could never forgive this, and I promised myself I'd never forget. Forgetting him would break my heart and I'd loose myself. Loosing Tom was the most devistateing thing that could ever happen to me. I didn't think I'd ever recover.
I stood up and wiped some tears and running eyeliner out of my eyes. Tom would have laughed with me about how I must look. This thought only increased my sadness. I looked up at the sky and saw the first drop of rain hit my cheek. I shook my long brown hair out of it's pony tail, and let it tumble around my shoulders. I started walking. Walking to where, I didn't know. I just needed to be alone. Going inside my house would mean my mom yelling at me about God knows what, and looking down her nose at me, treating me like I was nothing. Tom hadn't been that way. He loved me and laughed and joked and played and talked with me for hours sometimes. I headed into the woods and walked for awhile.

I took out his photos I always carried around with me now. On the left was a picture of him laughing while I was smileing, trying to look like I didn't care. I wish I'd have had more fun. On the right was the last picture we had of him. He wasn't smileing, and he was in uniform. He stared out at me from the picture. More tears welled up. I couldn't help but remember the last time I saw him, how his eyes were determined, yet happy. He hugged me, and promised nothing would happen to him. He lied.

I broke down on a stump and sobbed my eyes out. I didn't think I would ever recover.