Sequel: A Story To Be Told
Status: Ended

A Week, A Lifetime

one;

Dakota and Kaylee had been best friends for as long as they both could remember. Today was the first day out of a week that was going to change the rest of their lives.

The two girls were quite alike, at least when it came to their appearance, and they had very similar tastes about a lot – except music. Kaylee listening to pop-punk-rock genre music, while Dakota was difficult when it came to music: she liked what she liked, and tended to dislike everything else. Still, Dakota had agreed to come with Kaylee on a weeklong trip in Britain to follow her favourite band: All Time Low. Kaylees response when Dakota finally said yes to join her had been pure joy, happiness and she even cried for two hours.

Today, or better explained, early in the morning, the two girls were getting ready to travel the road.
“Have you got everything? You did remember underwear, right?” Kaylee asked Dakota, grinning at her friend, as she knew how much of a mess was in Dakotas head.
“Yes, Kay, I did!” Dakota exclaimed, sighing at her friend.
“How about your toothbrush?” Dakotas face went blank, and Kaylee giggled loudly. Dakota had of course forgotten that, and secretly she was glad Kaylee had reminded her, although that was not something she was planning on reveiling to her friend.
“Shut up,” Dakota said, smiling, while she put her toothbrush in her bag. Kaylee was fixing her hair, which she had dyed purple for the occasion. Her green eyes seemed, if possible, even more green from the colour. Dakotas black hair, on the other hand, possibly made her blue eyes seem more grey. After triple-checking their luggage, they left for the bus that would take them to their first stop: Cardiff.

The bus ride from London was long, but Dakota spent every minute sleeping, catching up on lost sleep after a long week at work. Kaylee was reading her favourite book while listening to, you guessed it: All Time Low. As Dakota woke up a few hours later, she saw that Kaylee was crying.
“What is wrong?” Dakota asked.
“Nothing, I just really love this song, and then I got happy, because I will be sing it live tonight.
“You are such a fangirl, Kay, but I love you,” Dakota replied, and put her arm around her friend.

They finally reached Cardiff, and feeling sore from sitting too long. Dakota knew, that after this week, she would love to feel sore from sitting, but that was not going to be the case. Her legs, back, neck and arms were going to be ruined by the time they even set foot on the bus.
“Where is our hotel?” Dakota asked. “I mean, I just payed my part, but I have no idea where anything is.”
“It should be around here somewhere,” she replied, before a triumphant smile spread across her face, and she pointed behind Dakota. She turned around to see a sign with their hotels name on it.
“See, told I would work everything out,” Kaylee said with a smug smile, and they entered the hotel. It was not exactly a five-star hotel, closer to a two actually, but Dakota thought that so long as she had a place to sleep, she was not going to complain.

Kaylee was restless pretty much until the moment they were about to walk out the door. They hadn’t dressed up too much, as they both knew this was going to be a very warm experience.
“We need to be in the front, that is why we have to go now!” Kaylee exclaimed, rushing Dakota out the door, and locking it behind them.
“I know you want to be in the front, but I honestly think that it is going to looks silly, me being in the front, as I don’t know a single word to any of their songs.” Dakota felt that she would be disrespecting the band, and all the fans that wanted her spot. Like she was stealing someone else’s concert.
“You will learn them quickly,” Kaylee promised, as they were walking towards the arena, that was only ten minutes away from their hotel. Kaylees heart sank, when she saw the line that wrapping itself around the arena.
“Oh no,” she exclaimed, the disappointment very apparent n her voice. Dakota decided then and there that she was going to get Kaylee to the front, no matter what. She would even break some ribs in the process, if that was what it was going to take.
“Oh, don’t worry, Kay, I will get you to the front. I promise.” They got in line, and Kaylee gave Dakota a big hug.
“I wow you!” she giggled.
“I wow you too,” Dakota replied, ruffling her best friends hair.

Now they were going to wait for four hours before they were allowed in, and Kaylee was finally going to see her favourite band live. She was going to see All Time Low.
♠ ♠ ♠
This story is mostly written because my best friend in real life, Mari, loves ATL. She will love me for this :) Also, I have a huge celeb-crush on Rian Dawson :P