Sequel: A Story To Be Told
Status: Ended

A Week, A Lifetime

twelve;

As painful as it had been, Dakota had actually gotten through the two rounds of bowling they had played. Kaylee, of course, won both rounds, being as good as she was. Alex was slightly angry with that, but there really was no wonder he had not won. He had spent most of the time messing around, ruining every round for Jack, as he continued to throw extra balls whenever Jack was actually trying to win some points. They had been laughing through the whole thing – of course except the round Alex had messed up Kaylee’s turn. She had screamed out of anger, before realising how silly her reaction was. She had carefully excused herself, and sat down in shame, which resulted in all of them collapsing in laughter. It was really no surprise when they got kicked out of the bowling alley for disturbing the other customers, who were trying to have a good time.

“You always mess up my game!” Jack exclaimed unhappily, and punched Alex in the arm. Alex replied with a mean laugh, before he sprinted up to Kaylee, giving her a slap on the bum in the process. She jumped in surprise, and giggled, while she tried to look mad. Alex grinned happily, before placing an arm around her shoulders and ruffled her hair. Dakota was walking in the back, smiling to herself as the gang was walking down the street. Each side of the street had many shops, but the street was utterly deserted. Rian slowed down, and fell into step with Dakota, and he took her hand.
“What are you doing?” she whispered, and was about to take her hand back, but Rian held it too tightly for her to succeed.
“What does it look like I’m doing?” he grinned, and squeezed her hand.
“I thought… I thought this was supposed to be… like a secret, or something?” Dakota shrugged slightly, and Rian moved closer, putting his hand around her, landing on her hip. Alex was running around in circles, and he noticed how close Dakota and Rian were.
“Are you cold?” Alex grinned, and brushed his hand across Dakota’s face. She nodded carefully, and giggled nervously. Rian pulled her closer, placing his lips on her temple once Alex had turned around again.
“Not exactly a secret,” he whispered into her hair. “But the guys would freak out! And never let us have a second alone.”
“So it is not a secret, we are just not telling anyone?” Dakota questioned, her heart sinking in her chest. She was getting more and more uncertain of the whole situation, and she did not know what to make out of it.
“We can tell ‘em right now, if that’s what you want?” Rian whispered again, his breath tickling her cheek.
“But what is this?” Dakota blurted out before she could stop herself. “I mean, we flirt, we fool around, but I am not that kind of girl. I’m really not.”
“I know you’re not…” Dakota did not let him finish the sentence.
“There is no way this could be something?” Dakota asked frantically.
“Dakota! What are you talking about?” Both their voices were whispers, the other guys running around, making a mess on the street.
“This! In three days you will be going back to America, and I will be left here, and I will feel like shit!” Dakota exclaimed, her voice a little louder than planned, and Jack turned around to face them. Dakota looked frustrated, while Rian looked confused. But the most confused of all, was Jack.
“What’s going on?”

Dakota shrugged, and walked out of Rian’s arms, and walked quickly forward to Kaylee and Alex. They dragged her into a conversation about weird hobbies, and she smiled. She pretended to be extremely happy, although all she wanted was to cry. The confusion building up inside her was excruciating, and he bit the inside of her cheek to keep from thinking about it. She could not in a million years have thought that this could happen. The feelings she had gotten for Rian were impossible. She had only known him for four days, yet she felt she had known him for years. They got to the bus, and everyone entered at once. Everyone except Dakota. She took a u-turn, and went around the back of the bus and sat down quickly. Her head fell into her hands, and she pulled her legs up to her chest. She sat like this for about two minutes, crying, before she heard footsteps coming around the bus. Dakota kept hiding her face.
“D?” a voice said, but Dakota could not place who’s it was.

Dakota did not lift up her head to see who it was, but she did move away when an arm was put around her shoulders. She tilted her head to the side, and saw that it was Alex that was sitting there. Secretly, Dakota’s first thought was: thank god, but her second thought was that she had hoped it had been Kaylee.
“Go away,” Dakota whimpered; her voice shook from the crying.
“No babe, ain’t gonna happen!” he said, and held her tight. “What’s wrong?” Alex seriously did not seem like the caring kind, but his voice sounded genuine and kind, and when Dakota finally looked up, she saw that his face was filled with worry.
“I am being silly, I’m sorry.” Dakota shook her head violently. Alex stopped her shaking with his hands, and forced her to look at him. He gently stroked his thumb over her cheek to brush away a tear.
“Stop apologising. You apologise too much!” Alex smiled carefully to her, his hands on both sides of her face. “Now, tell me why you look like such a mess!”
“Alex!” Dakota exclaimed, and pushed his hands away, feeling defeated as Alex was joking about the situation. “Just go away!”
“Tell me what’s wrong? You just disappeared, and then I find you crouched up like this behind the bus, and you are a complete mess!”
“It is stupid. Silly, really.” Dakota said, and shook her head. Her eyes were tired from all the crying, and all she felt like doing was crawl up in a bed, and just… Sleep!
“Tell me,” Alex urged, nudging her ribs.
“I’m damn confused, that is what’s wrong!”
“Confused about what?” he looked confused, and furrowed his eyebrows.
“Yes, confused!”
“About what? Damn, you girls and your cryptic words!”
“I am not being cryptic.”
“Yes, you are! I don’t understand anything!” Alex’s voice got a little louder with frustration, before the both of them collapsed in each other’s arms in laughter. Dakota was crying again, but this time because she was laughing so hard, it felt her stomach was going to burst. And then she snored, which made Alex laugh even harder.
“What was that?” he burst out in between laughs.
“I snort when I laugh,” Dakota hiccupped from the laughter, and then she started crying again. This time from the confusion she felt.

“D, can’t you just tell me what’s wrong?” Alex gave her a worried look, and tilted his head to the side. His brown eyes were big, and were filled with worry. Dakota shrugged and sighed.
“I think I might be in love with Rian.” She sighed again, before covering her face with her hands. Alex said absolutely nothing. After a few minutes in silence, Dakota looked up at Alex, who looked absolutely baffled.
“Say something,” she said carefully.
“I did not see that coming,” he began, and took a deep breath. “It’s only been four days!”
“I know! That is what makes it so damn frustrating!”
“It’s been four days!” he repeated, making Dakota laugh, before she gave a defeated sigh.
“It’s been four days,” she mimicked him.
“But, shouldn’t that be a good thing?” he asked, and gave her a crooked smile.
“It should be, yes,” Dakota agreed.
“Then why are you crying?”
“Because I hate no idea what is going on,” Dakota shook her head, and Alex put his arm around her shoulders.
“Listen to me, D. I have no idea what’s been going on with you and Rian, but I do know that we all like you a lot, and I’m sure Rian likes you more than a lot…” Dakota interrupted him.
“I know he does. And it is not that, really. It’s more the fact that in three days you guys will be going back to America. And I will be here, and I will be feeling like shit!” Alex nodded in understanding.
“Yeah, that could complicate things.”
“Could? Alex, you are honestly the worst person to give advice!” Alex nodded in agreement, and held her tighter.
“I am, indeed! But, y’know. Rian is a genuinely good guy, and if he likes you, he will do the right thing. I have no idea what the right thing is, but he’ll figure something out.”
“How do I even know if he even feels somewhat the same?”
“Dude, I have never been in love with Rian, so I wouldn’t know!” Alex grinned, and obviously thought his joke was extremely funny.
“I am serious, Alex. I’m in deep! Too deep! I hate this!”
“You want me to talk to him?”
“No, absolutely not! Not at all. I just hate the fact that all of you have become such good friends of mine, and you are leaving in just a few days.” Alex nodded, and agreed.

The talk with Alex had helped, but when he finally convinced her to come with him in to the bus, she went straight to Alex’s bunk. He winked at her, and promised he would make Rian understand why she had gone to his bed instead of Rian’s.
“It’s going to be ok,” he said, before giving her a peck on the cheek, before he went in to join the others.
♠ ♠ ♠
Maaar! Another one! :P