Sequel: A Story To Be Told
Status: Ended

A Week, A Lifetime

twenty three;

Sleep had probably never been so wonderful as it had been that night. Dakota’s eyes fluttered open. She was lying comfortably on her pillow, her hand loosely lying in Rian’s hand. He was sleeping heavily, his other hand resting on his naked chest. Dakota smiled to herself, her thoughts going back to the night they had spent together. It had been truly amazing, magical even. Dakota carefully supported her weight on her elbow, and bent over to kiss him sweetly on his lips. He slowly stirred, waking up from the kiss. He opened one eye to look at her, and he smiled a tired smile.
“That’s a nice way to wake up,” he said, his voice groggy from sleep. He quickly moved, pushing Dakota back in the bed, and he pressed his lips to hers. His lips moved eagerly against hers, and he let a careful hand slip under the sheet to place it on her stomach. The touch gave her shivers. Things were getting intense, at least until Rian’s phone started ringing.
“What now?” he exclaimed, and put all his weight on Dakota as he reached for his phone. “It’s Alex. We should be back to set up for the show.” He sounded disappointed, and Dakota bit her lower lip. Rian sighed, as he put the phone back on the nightstand, before he eagerly started kissing Dakota again.
“You’re dangerous, Dakota,” he said in between kisses.

Rian’s phone kept ringing, and both him and Dakota tried their best to ignore it. Then, all of the sudden, Dakota’s phone was ringing instead.
“Should I just get it?” she asked Rian, and he sighed as he let her take the phone.
“Hi Alex,” she said, and shook her head as Rian was making faces.
“Where are you guys? We are setting up for the show, and you’re not here!” He sounded stressed out, but Dakota had a difficult time keeping it cool.
“I know we are not there, Alex, because we have here.” Rian grinned at her stupid response.
“Oh, did I interrupt a little sexy-time?” Alex asked, and Dakota could picture him wiggling his eyebrows.
“You could say that,” she blurted out, before she started laughing.
“I’m sorry for ruining it for you, but could you please be here soon? We need the help.”
“Of course, Alex. We will be there in about an hour. Maybe two. Ok, bye!” She quickly hung up, not waiting for his response, before he could object. Rian grinned at he pulled Dakota closer to him, rolling around on the bed, putting her on top.

She was lying lightly on top of him, using one feather light finger to tickle him on the chest. She was teasing him by several times almost kissing him, but always pulling away before their lips met.
“No fun, Dakota, no fun.” Dakota giggled, and she finally planted a soft kiss on his lips, before she rolled out of bed. She walked straight past a taken aback Rian, and into the bathroom. He looked pleased with what he was seeing though, as she was still completely naked.
“What are you doing?” he asked after her.
“Taking a shower. Are you joining me or not?” She giggled as she heard that Rian rustled out of bed, and ran into the bathroom. He grabbed hold around her waist, and they walked into the shower together. The hot water was tickling Dakota’s skin, as was Rian’s rough hands stroking her back. And just as playfully as the night before, they had a lovely one-on-one time in the shower.

“We have to get going,” Dakota said, and finished securing her belt around her waist. Rian bent over and kissed her, and stood up from bed. He looked ridiculously satisfied with himself as Dakota grabbed his hand, and they walked out of the hotel. Rian paid for their night at the front desk, while Dakota got a cab. During the next 20 minutes they were at the back of the arena they were playing at later that day.
“I’m jealous, Dawson!” they heard Alex say, as he came running around the bus. Rian pulled up Dakota’s hand, and kissed it before they reached where Alex was standing.
“Shut up, Gaskarth,” Rian said, and laughed, his cheeks turning a faint red colour. Dakota grinned, as she let go of his hand.
“Where is Kay?” she asked, and Gaskarth put out a fist for her to bump.
“Inside.” Dakota fist bumped him, and walked past the two guys, and as she left she heard Alex exclaim happily to Rian, wanting him to share every detail.
“No, personal,” Rian responded, which made Dakota laugh.

Dakota walked inside, and quickly found Kaylee. As she saw her walking in, she ran over to her, and practically ran her down pulling her to the side.
“You guys totally did it!” she stated, and jumped in excitement. She even clapped her hands, and Dakota blushed at her reaction, although she did not answer anything.
“Dakota! Don’t leave me hanging! Tell me!” Dakota bit the inside of her cheek, not knowing what was appropriate to talk about or not.
“Dakota Sullivan!” Kaylee demanded, stomping one foot to the ground, and Dakota burst.
“Yes, we did it!” Both girls started squealing with excitement, hands clasped together as they jumped. Kaylee lead Dakota to a table, and forced her to sit down.
“Tell me… Everything! Oh, no, not every little detail, but tell me what is appropriate to tell!”

“What can I say, Kay? It was… Incredible!” Dakota told her friend about how he had left her for thirty minutes, while he had gone out to buy champagne, candles and rose petals. How he had kept his hands in front of her eyes, and how everything had been like taken out of a romantic film, and how incredibly perfect it had all been. Kaylee was pouting by the end of her story telling.
“I am so jealous right now, Dakota, I don’t even know what to say.” Dakota giggled, as she put an arm around her shoulders.
“You should be,” she exclaimed, resulting in Kaylee nudging her ribs.
“Now I feel frustrated! You forwarded your frustration to me now. You are such a bitch,” she giggled lightly, and walked Dakota over to the stage area, where Jack and Zack were wiring up some of the speakers.
“Look who decided to come back,” Kaylee said, bringing all the attention to Dakota.
“Wooooooh! Dakota! You’ve got a wild side. Running off with our band member, giving him a night of delight.” Jack put out his fist for Dakota to bump, but Dakota simply raised an eyebrow at his, crossing her hands.
“I will not fist bump you for that, Jack,” He giggled, as he ruffled her hair, making it into a total mess. Dakota sighed, as she had actually spent some time making it stay in place. Her fringe was actually behaving today, but of course Jack had ruined it.
“Good work, D. Rian needed to loosen up.” Jack wiggled his eyebrows, as he left a large pile of wires for Dakota and Kaylee to patch up.
♠ ♠ ♠
For my lovely Marii <3