Sequel: A Story To Be Told
Status: Ended

A Week, A Lifetime

three;

Dakota had decided not to say anything to Kaylee about meeting Alex, as she wanted to surprise her friend. She carefully walked back to the line where the girls were standing.
“Did you find coffee?” Kaylee asked, and smiled her graceful smile.
“I did indeed,” Dakota replied, and bit the inside of her cheek to keep herself from smiling. “And it was extremely good coffee as well.” They waited for another hour, before they were finally allowed to actually walk in to the arena. Kaylee was shaking from excitement, and Dakota was actually feeling quite excited too. There were a lot of people in there, and girls were already starting to push their way through. Dakota put her game face on, and started pushing back, telling people off for being disrespectful.
“Hey, stop pushing, will you?” she hissed at a nearby girl who had just used her elbow to his Kaylee. She gave Dakota a mean look, a look Dakota gave right back.
“It’s ok, Dakota. Really.” Kaylee tried calming Dakota down.
“No, it’s not.” She answered, and gave the finger to another girl who was forcing her way past them.

Finally they got to enter the room where the concert was to be held. The front line was already full, but as Dakota had promised, she would get Kaylee to the front.
“We will never get to the front,” Kaylee said, but Dakota had a quick reply.
“Oh, yes we will.” Dakota took a firm grip on Kaylees hand, and started making their way forward. She was careful not to push people, as she did not want to be one of “those girls”, and they carefully made their way to the third line. Dakota waited patiently, and whenever people moved a little, she joined them, and got them closer to the front.
“When the music start, people will start dancing. That is when we need to push our way to the front.” They were standing with loads of screaming girls, and then a mechanic cow started dancing.
“What is that?” Dakota asked, and scratched her head.
“Oh, that’s Leroy! It means the show is starting!” Kaylee screamed, her face was gleaming of joy.
“Finally Dakota, finally!” The cow stopped moving, and a rumble of screams and music started playing. Everyone started jumping, Kaylee included, but Dakota was only thinking of one thing: get to the front!

It was quite a deed, but Dakota did indeed get Kaylee and herself to the front line. Dakota spoke gently to the girls that were standing there, and they let them to the front.
“Thank you so much!” Dakota said, and gave the closest girl a hug. She smiled carefully as a response. The band was on stage, rocking the arena, girls were screaming and singing, and Kaylee was one of them. When the worry of getting to the front was over, Dakota found herself having a very, very good time. She was surprisingly enough enjoying herself. The guys were absolutely brilliant, and Dakota found herself staring a little bit too much on the drummer.
“He is absolutely gorgeous!” she said to Kaylee, and Kaylee nodded in agreement.
“Yes, he is!” Kaylee was not at all looking at the drummer, she was looking at Alex. The guys rocked on, and Dakota saw girls all around fainting from the heat, crying from listening to their favourite music, and it was all a spectacularly good show.

The show was almost over, and both Dakota and Kaylee were absolutely exhausted. Alex had given Dakota one or two signs of recognition, but nothing much.
“They are going to play my song now,” Kaylee screamed. That was when Alex started talking, and he gave Dakota a true sign of recognition this time. I pointed my finger in Kaylees direction, and Alex gave me a wink.
“So, before the show today, I met a very sweet girl. I was going for a coffee, and this girl was there. And she told me that her best friend is a big fan of our music. So, Kaylee, I want you to thank your best friend Dakota, because this song is dedicated to you.” The band started playing ‘Dear Maria’, and Kaylee did not know how to react. Her mouth was open, and she was staring at Dakota, before turning her gaze to look at Alex. He waved at her while singing and playing the guitar. The band finished the song, and thanked the crowd. Alex gave me an excited look, and winked at me, before the band left the stage. The crowd was absolutely buzzing with post-concert excitement. Dakota took Kaylees hand, and walked toward the furthest exit on the right.
“Where are we going?” Kaylee asked, as I stopped in front of the door that was there.
“You will see,” she replied happily.
“How did you do that? He dedicated a song for me!” Kaylee was jumping with joy, her fringe sticking to her forehead.
“I met him at the coffee shop. I did not know who he was at all, but I quickly realised.” Dakota grinned at her friend, as Kaylees face was wide with shock.
“You did not tell me anything?” she squealed.
“Surprise!” Dakota said, throwing her arms out wide. Kaylee attacked her friend in a tight hug.

They were still standing by the door twenty minutes later, and Kaylee was hassling Dakota about what she had spoken to Alex about. She was extremely jealous that she had not been the one who met him.
“What are we standing here for? We should go outside to see if we could meet the band!” Kaylee exclaimed, pulling Dakotas arm.
“No, no, I think we should stand right here.” Dakota said, and the door finally opened. Kaylee squealed as a young man with a lip piercing came out through the door.
“Matt Flyzik!” she managed to whimper.
“Dakota and Kaylee?” he asked, and Dakota nodded.
“That would be us!” He waved them to him, and we went through the door, following Matt.
“Where are we going?” Kaylee asked, holding a tight grip around Dakotas arm.
“To party, of course!” Matt said, and opened a second door. The room that awaited them was booming with music, and Kaylee squealed again as she saw All Time Low sitting around a table, beers in their hands.
“Oh. My. God!” Kaylee whispered, her face blank. The bandmembers turned, and saw the two girls.
“Surprise!”
♠ ♠ ♠
A new chapter! Yeah! :) Marii will be pleased with me now :P Comment and subscriptions are greatly appreciated!