Status: new;based on reader feedback

Happiness For A Pessimist

let me back into your arms

I woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of the front door slamming loudly. I jolted up from bed and looked next to me where John laid. I felt my heart beat quickly as I tried to wake John up, "Wake up." I whispered shaking his arm.

His eyes fluttered open and he smiled at the sight of me, but when he noticed my fear he looked at me with worry, "What's wrong?"

"My dad's-"

I couldn't finish the sentence when the door slammed open. My dad stared at us his face twisting into anger, H stalked over to me and ripped me from John's arms throwing me against the opposite wall. I screeched in pain as my bruised body slammed against the wall, I could feel my body ache in pain as I stared at my dad pulling John off the bed.

"Get the fuck out of my house!" My dad yelled throwing John on the floor. "And stay the fuck away from my son." he added.

John shook his head pulling himself to his feet and rushing to me. "You stay the fuck away from him!" John screamed pulling me into his arms bridal style.

My dad stormed over to us and pulled me away from John throwing me aside like a rag doll. "Leave my son alone." my dad said throw gritted teeth.

"Why? So you can beat him?" John asked. "You deserve to rot in jail." John hissed.

I could tell my dad was ready to kill. He glared at John and pushed past him exiting the room, "Hurry and get out before I kill you." he threatened leaving my bedroom.

John sighed loudly and ran his hands through his short hair. He gave me an uneasy smile and hurried to gather my things. "Let me call the guys to help."

"No!" I screamed. "Please don't." I begged.

"Ok." John said softly kissing me. "We'll come back later for your stuff."

I nodded and lifted my arms. He smiled and pulled me up, I automatically wrapped my legs around his waist and held onto his neck as he carried me out the stairs. I felt so safe in his arms, like he created some invincible force field around me.

.

We entered John's house were unexpectedly everyone was waiting for us. "What took you guys so-" Pat stopped mid-sentence we he saw John carrying me into the room.

"Haven!" Noel and Miles screamed at the same time running over to me. John set me on the couch and I looked up to both my cousin's seeing the tears streaming down their cheeks. "W-what h-happened?" Noel stuttered out holding me in his arms.

"His dad beat him." John said.

"I'm going to kill that bastard." Miles said through gritted teeth.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Noel whispered.

"Because I didn't want to worry you. You guys just lost your parents and I couldn't be a burden." I whispered starring down at my lap.

"Listen to me Haven, you are my baby cousin. You will never be a burden." Noel said strictly.

"How long has it been going on?" Kennedy asked timidly from behind Noel.

"Years." I replied with a soft sigh.

Everyone fell silent and I stared at everyone. My sides were killing me so I shifted a bit on the couch, it was a big mistake because it hurt even worse that I let out a soft gasp.

"What happened?" John asked suddenly at my side holding my hands as though I was going into labor.

"My s-sides hurt." I mumbled.

"Probably a broken rib, we should take him to the hospital." Jared said coming over to me. He lifted my shirt slightly and examined my ribs cage. "Yup, looks like it we should take him in the emergency."

John carefully lifted me into his arms and carried me out to the van. "W-where w-will I live?" I whispered to him hiding my face in his shoulder.

"For now, with me." John said smiling down at me. "Is that ok?"

I nodded softly and nuzzled my face against his shoulder, "Perfect." I purred softly.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks to:
anoriginalcliche
xxJani_Dayyxx x2
emilyrose
Kodiizee
SmileKid x3
eric halvorsen
Forever Young.
xxx_marliese_xxx


You guys all make me happy :P