Girl on the Run

The Truth Revealed

The sound of the fan, blowing air, trying to keep you cool, you can feel the beads of sweat forming on your face. Off in the distance you hear people laughing and enjoying their hot summer day. Alexis sat all alone in her cabin staring at the note. The truth, they found out the truth. She was all alone in the world and it was her own fault. Why did I lie? What was I thinking? I lost the only people I even had in this world because I was so stupid. She knew eventually people were going to find out that she had no family. She ran away from home at age ten and four years later her secret was revealed, what would happen to her now? Would they tell? The thoughts raced through Alexis’s mind faster than she could think them. She had to make a run for it; she knew it was her only option. ‘Out of sight, out of mind’ that’s what they always say right? Well whoever they are. How did anyone find out about me being on my own? Did someone follow me? Alexis sat still, curled up on her bed and let thoughts come and go. She retraced her steps, she couldn’t think of any people she had seen a lot lately. Only Macy, who she claimed was her sister. Maybe Macy finally heard the rumors and set people straight. The main thing she liked about Macy was she never even listened to any rumors, even the ones about her, not that she would know there were any about her.
Alexis reflected on her past, wondering if there was anything she should have done different. Well what else could she have done? Let the social worker come take her to who knows where? The only reason she ran away in the first place, was so she could go where she wanted not where she was forced to go. Both of her parents were abusive, she and her little brother Toby had been dealing with it for years. Her more than Toby of course, he was three years younger than her. Toby one day told his teacher at school about life at home, and came home all proud thinking he changed their lives. The day before the social worker came for them, Alexis disappeared. The only person that ever cared was Toby. One day he will understand why I ran. At least I hope he will. I mean it’s not like I could have taken him with me, I was ten and he was seven. Bad enough chances I wouldn’t live I didn’t need to put him in danger too.
♠ ♠ ♠
hey just finally started a new story its been a long time :) all feedback welcome