Girl on the Run

The Home

Slowly the door creaked open, revealing a dim, dull hallway. The place looked as if it hadn’t been taken care of in years. Was this even an actual children’s home or an abandoned home? “Hello? Is this the children’s home from this flyer?” Alexis asked timidly holding out the flyer to the dark figure behind the door. Slowly, the dark figure nodded and let Alexis in the house. The dark figure, as Alexis found out, was a boy, who couldn’t have been more than twelve years old. She couldn’t get a good look at his face; it was always darkened by the hood of a sweatshirt.
Alexis didn’t bother with any questions since the guy never answered her first question verbally. She was led into a big room down the hall, filled with bunk beds with a trunk on each end for every person. Out of the six bunk beds there were, five beds were actually used. Alexis picked the farthest bed, keeping herself away from everyone, and filled her trunk with the few things she had taken with her. “So, if there is a person I need to find, how do I go about searching for them?” She looked up expectantly for an answer; only to find out she was alone in the room already.
“You can’t…unless you have money for a private investigator…” Alexis jumped at the sound of the voice, coming from the other end of the room. She didn’t see anyone at first, until she came out of the dark corner. A girl, about fifteen, maybe sixteen, slowly tiptoes toward Alexis. “I’m Coleene, by the way, since you are new here and all. Don’t bother with the guy who showed you in here. He doesn’t talk to anyone. I’ve been here for three years already and I have never heard him say a word.” Coleene crossed the room and sat on the bed next to Alexis.
“You have been here that long? How long has he been here?” Alexis asked shockingly.
“No clue, he was here when I got here. He answered the door then too. I have been convinced he is a mute, but hey maybe he just doesn’t have anything to say to anyone. Don’t really know him, so I can’t answer that truthfully.” Coleene finishes, as she vanishes into another part of the house. I hope I can find Toby and maybe get out of here, Alexis thinks as she lies down for a nap.
♠ ♠ ♠
soo yeah heres chapter 3, not going to be writing more for a while since i will be out of state, and i have decided that since i dont seem to have many readers subscribers or comments for this i may not continue until i get more soooo subscribe please or comment, anythinggg <3 thankss :)