Sequel: Family Values
Status: Completed :)

Lead me From the Darkness

Chapter Seventeen

October 6th, 2011
Thursday
Donna and Henry’s House, Boston, MA
6:20 P.M.

Donna waited until Henry left again and then got ready to go to the first game of the season. She went into her closet to look for a clean pair of pants. He had been slacking on laundry lately and knew if she didn’t do it soon Henry would get angry. She dug through a pile of clothes in the back of the closet and found a pair of folded up jeans. She unfolded them and realized they were a pair of old jeans from when she was in college. She pulled them on and found they were a little tight, but they still fir comfortably. She went back into the kitchen and grabbed her purse and left the house. She went to slip her ticket into her pocket when she felt something else already in there. Her heart jumped in her chest when she pulled it out and saw it was a $100 dollar bill. She was shocked, not believing that she had so much money in her hand. She remembered getting it from her mother last year on her birthday. Even though her parents were much better off financially now in Florida then they had been in Boston she had still tried to refuse it. Her mother had given it to her so she could spend it on something she wanted. When it went missing she figured Henry had taken it. Instead she had stuffed it into her pocket and forgotten about it. Feeling happy she put it in her purse and continued to the Garden.

When Donna walked into the building she felt excitement buzzing for the first game against the Flyers. She was in the box again with all of the wives and girlfriends but before the game she had something to buy.

She walked into the Bruins pro shop again and went straight to the back. She pulled the Campbell jersey off the rack and checked the price again. It was still $160. She went into her purse and found what she was looking for. She had a good amount of money left over from when she was supposed to of been getting groceries and instead went out with Greg. She had the exact amount of money she needed, three twenty dollar bills. She took the jersey up front, overjoyed she could finally buy it. Once she had paid she pulled off her old Providence jersey and on the new Bruins one. She felt so free walking down the hallway with Greg’s jersey on.

When she walked into the room she went and sat down with Raina again.

“Cool jersey,” said Raina “Did you just buy it?”

“Ya,” said Donna “Just now downstairs.” She didn’t want her to see that it didn’t have Henry’s name on it. Raina dropped the subject and started talking to the girl sitting on the other side of her. She still had the Providence jersey folded up in her lap. She needed to think of a way to hide the jersey from Henry. She didn’t want to imagine what he would do if he found out she had bought the jersey.

The game left fans disappointed with the 2-1 lose to the Flyers. Donna didn’t stick around after the game and left right away. When she got home the first thing she did was look for a place to hide the jersey. She went into the closet and knew where to put it. Henry had a big wooden trunk where he used to store his hockey gear. He had kept it and brought it to Boston. They put it in the back of their closet and had folded up a spare set of comforters and sheets for the bed inside. She pulled back the blankets and stuffed the jersey underneath. They never opened the trunk and she was sure Henry wouldn’t find it there. She closed the trunk and pushed it back into the closet. When she walked out of the closet she nearly jumped a mile in surprise when she saw Henry standing in the bedroom doorway.

“Oh my god!” she said holding her hand over her chest, trying to calm herself down. “You scared me!”

“Did I?” said Henry with a mean grin on his face.

“Ya, I didn’t know you got home,” she said.

“Maybe you would if you stayed at home, like I tell you too.” He said in a low scary voice. She felt fear wash over her.

“What do you mean?” asked Donna.

“Don’t try and lie to me,” said Henry “I know you went to the game tonight.” He held up the ticket Raina had given her. She felt her legs shaking as he approached her. “I told you to stay away from my teammates.” He lunged forward and grabbed her by the neck before she could run. She screamed and he pressed hard down on her windpipe, cutting off her voice and oxygen.
__________________________________________________
Thanks for reading :) Please comment.