Sequel: Family Values
Status: Completed :)

Lead me From the Darkness

Chapter Eighteen

October 6th, 2011
Thursday
Donna and Henry’s House, Boston, MA
11:30 P.M.

Donna was pinned to the wall. Henry had a tight hold on her neck. She couldn’t breath or speak. She could see stars and felt her brain cells popping. Just when she thought she would pass out he let go of her. She felt weak, slumping onto the floor. She couldn’t regain control of her limbs and felt a swelling bruise on her neck. Henry grabbed her by the hair. She found her voice again and screamed in pain as he dragged her by her ponytail out into the hallway. She tried to defend herself as best she could from the floor, and grabbed his leg. She lifted up his pant leg and bit down onto his ankle. He yelled and brought his foot back and kicked her in the face. She fell back in shock, giving him time to pull her up by the neck again. He punched her in the eye again, renewing the nearly healed bruise from before. He continuously brought back his fist, punching her wherever he could. Her body grew numb with pain. He finally let go of her and she fell back to the floor. He stalked off back into the bedroom and slammed the door. She lay there, not a part of her body wasn’t burning in pain. She cried out agony as she sat up off the hard wooden floor. It had never been this bad before. She managed to pick herself up and went into the kitchen. She grabbed her purse and found her cell phone. She needed to call Greg.

Greg was sitting on the couch watching TV and eating Ramen noodles when he heard his phone ringing. He got up and answered the phone to hear Donna’s voice.

“Will you come get me?” she said deeply upset.

“What?” asked Greg.

“Henry attacked me,” she said tearfully. “Please come pick me up.” He snapped out of his laziness and became serious.

“What happened?” he said

“I can’t tell you right now. I’ve got to get out of the house.”

“I’m coming,” he said, already getting his coat on.

“Meet me at the end of the street; I don’t want Henry to know.”

“No,” said Greg angrily. “I’m going to deal with him.”

“NO!” she said sobbing louder.

“Donna I-”

“No, just please pick me up, please.” said Donna. Greg took a deep breath, trying to control his anger.

“It will be ok, I’m coming right now.” He left his house and drove to the street Donna lived on. He saw her standing waiting for him. She looked pretty banged up from what he could see. He pulled over and got out of the car to see her. She ran to him and jumped into his arms, sobbing into his jacket. He looked around, hoping Henry would be there so he could give him a piece of his mind. He pulled her into his car and said

“Everything’s going to be ok,” When they got back to his house he helped her inside. “Is anything broken?” He asked laying her down onto the couch.

“I don’t think so,” she said. He was horrified by all of the bruises covering her body.

“What has he done to you?” he said. She pulled her sweatshirt off. Underneath she wore a white tank top giving him a better look at the damage on her arms and chest. Afraid he was going to try and take her to the hospital Donna said

“Please let’s just stay here!” said Donna. He opened her mouth to disagree but she said “I want to stay here with you and rest.”

“Alright,” A smile spread across her beaten face and she said

“Thanks Greg,” she sat up and hugged hi. He lightly hugged her back, not wanting to hold her to tightly.

“I have something more comfortable for you to wear.” He went into his room and got a pair of his old pajama pants and a T-shirt. As she was getting dressed in the bathroom Greg mentally fought with himself if it had been the right choice to not take her to the hospital. She was right nothing was broken but she looked terrible. She wouldn’t be able to go walk around without being looked at suspiciously. The bruised eye had already raised enough suspicion.

She came back out still looking miserable.

“You can stay here,” he said.

“Thanks for everything Greg,” she said. They sat in the dark silent room for a minute before Greg said

“This gets me so angry,” she didn’t answer and Greg said “You’re a smart, beautiful, sweet girl. You don’t deserve this.”

“You really think so?” said Donna.

“Absolutely,” he said. “You’re without a doubt the most amazing girls I’ve ever met.” The red blush of her cheeks shown out through her dark bruises.

“I’m so happy I met you,” she said. They sat close on the couch looking into each others eyes again. Greg finally leaned forward and in a heartbeat his lips were on hers. She kissed back, putting her arms over his shoulders. It lasted for a few seconds before they pulled apart. She smiled and said

“You’re the best guy I’ve ever met,” he smiled back and said

“I think it’s time to go to bed, we’ll figure it all out in the morning,” she nodded and she let him carry her into the bedroom. He laid her down and said

“Will you come to bed with me?”

“Ya I’m just gonna get dressed.” He pulled the blanket over her and went into the bathroom to get dressed and ready for bed. It had been a long day for him. He looked at himself in the mirror and noticed the exhausted dark circles under his eyes. He quietly dressed and went back into the bedroom. He smiled when he saw that Donna was already asleep. He shut off all the lights and lipped into bed next to her. He tried not to think of what would go on the next day as he fell into a deep sleep.
__________________________________________________
Thanks for reading :) Please comment.