Sequel: Family Values
Status: Completed :)

Lead me From the Darkness

Chapter Twenty

October 11th, 2011
Tuesday
Henry and Donna’s House Boston, MA
9:00 A.M.

The days went on and it was clear that Henry was sticking to his word. It was a day he had a practice.

“I’m taking everything with me,” he said. Donna saw her cell phone and the laptop in his bag. “If I even suspect that you left while I’m gone I’ll do more then just give you bruises.” She nodded fearfully. He smiled at her and said “Good, I’ll be back in an hour.”

When he left Donna did exactly as she’d been told. She sat down on the couch and stayed put. She felt like a prisoner.

Greg knew he shouldn’t of pushed Donna so much. He remembered Milan’s words about coaxing her away from Henry. But time was running out. He needed to get her away from him. He would see Henry at practice. He wasn’t sure if he’d be able to hold himself back from attacking him.

Down in the locker room Greg tried not to look up at anyone who walked in. He didn’t want to see Henry. He was forced to look up when he went out onto the ice. He saw Henry stretching out over on the other side of the ice and decided to stay with Milan.

“What’s wrong?” asked Milan. “You look tense.”

“Nothing,” said Greg.

“Is it about Donna?” asked Milan. “How is she?”

“Not so good,” said Greg not wanting to explain what had gone on. Before Milan could question him further Claude called the team together to talk. Greg looked up at the bleachers, trying to find Donna. He was confused when he didn’t see her.

Today they were scrimmaging. Greg focused on the game and getting the puck in the net rather then on Henry. He was skating with the puck when he was checked. He fell onto the ice and felt Tyler trip over him from behind. Greg felt a cold pain sear across his face as Tyler’s skate blade accidentally cut into his forehead. He yelled in pain and saw drops of blood spill out onto the ice.

“Fuck,” he said, taking his gloves off and feeling the deep cut on his forehead. Claude came over to him and said

“How bad is it?” Greg stood up along with Tyler who had a guilty look on his face.

“I’m bleeding,” he said.

“Sorry Greg,” said Tyler.

“It’s not your fault,” said Greg, looking around for who had tripped him. No one seemed to step up and admit to it.

“Go downstairs and let the doctor look at it.” said Claude. Got off the ice and headed back down to the locker room. The team’s doctor was already there waiting for him. He smiled and said

“Hey Greg, let’s take a look.” Greg pulled his helmet off and let the doctor inspect the wound. “You’re going to need stitches.” He said. It wasn’t to long or wide of a cut so the doctor stitched Greg up right in the locker room. As Greg was leaving to go back onto the ice he noticed an open bag in the corner. He went over and saw it was Henry’s bag. Inside was a laptop and Donna’s cell phone. He took out the cell phone and knew it was definitely Donna’s. He was confused about why her things would be in Henry’s hockey bag. He heard Claude calling him and quickly headed back upstairs. When he got back onto the ice Milan was waiting for him. He leaned in close to Greg and said quietly

“Henry was the one who hit you,” Greg looked over at Henry who was on the other side of the rink. Henry gave him a glare and then skated off.
__________________________________________________
Thanks for reading :) Please comment.