Sequel: Family Values
Status: Completed :)

Lead me From the Darkness

Chapter Twenty-Two

October 12th, 2011
Wednesday
Donna and Henry’s House, Boston, MA
8:12 A.M.

He read the whole conversation and his first thought was to go into the bedroom and beat the crap out of Donna but he stopped himself. He had practice and instead of dealing with Donna first he knew he'd be more satisfied going after Greg. He shut down the computer and headed out to the rink.

Greg was out on the ice early with Milan and Timmy taking shots on net. He was tired from staying up and talking to Donna all night but it had been worth it.

More players started to come up from the locker room and he saw Henry come out onto the ice. To Greg's surprise Henry was stating over to him. Thing seemed to move slowly as Henry said

"Hey stay the fuck away from my girlfriend!" Greg was stunned.

"What?" he said.

"I know you guys have been talking." Greg took the opportunity to talk back to Henry and said

"You're an abusive bastard, you don't deserve Donna!" Henry was much bigger than him and nearly took him down onto the ice. Greg shoved him off and threw a punch at his face, just missing. They grabbed onto each other but before either of them could throw another blow Greg felt his teammates pulling him back. Milan held onto him while Chara pulled back Henry.

You better stay away from her!" yelled Henry. Greg pulled against Milan's tight grip, unable to break away. He saw Claude walking fast out onto the ice.

"In all my years of coaching I've never had two of my own players fight." said Claude, his face red with rage. "I want both of you off the ice now!" I want you in separate locker rooms. I'll be down to talk to you both!" Everyone knew it was Henry's fault. As Greg skated off he heard Milan trying to persuade Claude to let Greg stay. He walked into one of the empty locker rooms and in anger took off his helmet and threw it to the ground before sitting on the bench. He couldn't believe this. When his dad heard about this he'd be all over it.

He was surprised when Claude walked in a minute later.

"I know it wasn't you who started the fight." said Claude "I just can't have any personal problems conflicting the team. When you step out onto the ice I want you focused on the game." Greg nodded knowing what he was saying was true. "You can go back up."

"Thanks coach," He didn't stick around to try and hear what Claude was saying to Henry. He was met by Milan when he got back onto the ice.

"What'd he say?" asked Milan.

"He told me he knew it wasn't my fault." said Greg.

"Good," said Milan. "I told him not to go hard on you."

"Thanks," he said. "You're lucky, having the coach as your father-in-law."

"It's not as fun as you'd think it is," he said laughing. "Why'd Henry attack you?"

"Maybe he found about me and Donna." Greg knew that if he had Donna could be in a lot of trouble.
__________________________________________________
Thank you for reading :) Please comment.

Sorry for the short chapter the next one will be much longer.