Sequel: Family Values
Status: Completed :)

Lead me From the Darkness

Chapter Twenty-Three

October 12th, 2011
Wednesday
Donna and Henry's House, Boston, MA
10:00 A.M.

Donna had a good morning. She woke up and made herself a nice breakfast. When Henry got back she expected him to be in a good mood considering how nice he had been last night. When he walked in looking angry Donna was surprised.

"What's wrong?"

"You lying little cunt," he said. She felt the familiar fear creep into her body as he stood there with his fists clenched. "I read all of your messages on Facebook. Did you really think you'd be able to keep him from me?" Donna had nothing to say in her defense. He came closer to her and she expected a usual beating. But he said "Don't be scared, I'm not going to hurt you." She didn't trust him as he stood before her.

"What are you going to do?" She asked in a shaky small voice.

"Nothing to you yet," he said. "But Greg is going to have to go."

"What are you going to do to him?" asked Donna. Henry smirked and said

"I'm going to kill him," said Henry. At first Donna almost laughed at him.

"How are you going to do that?"

"I'm gonna go to his house and blow his brains out." Donna saw the crazy look in his eyes and said

"Oh my god, you're not kidding are you?"

"No I'm not," he said. They say looking at each other. Donna didn't know what to do.

"You couldn't kill someone," she said.

"I could," he said. "Don't doubt me."

"I don't believe you," she said. "You're just talking."

"Wait and see what happens," said Henry. Donna stood up and said

"You're crazy, I'm calling the cops." Before she could walk away Henry grabbed her and pinned her back down onto the couch.

"Let go of me!" she said struggling.

"I'm going to kill Greg and there's nothing you can do to stop me!" he said. She screamed out, pushing harder against his grip. She managed to turn her head and bit down onto his hand as hard as she could. He yelled out in pain and took his hand away. She had one arm free. She felt fearless of Henry for once in her life. He looked at his bleeding hand and back at her. When he did she spit right into his face. She managed to break free as he moved back, trying to wipe spit from his face. She pushed him off her and ran. She went into the kitchen and grabbed her phone off the table. She flipped it open and in a hurry, tried to dial 911 but Henry grabbed her around the waist and pulled her over his shoulder, carrying her roughly out of the kitchen. She kicked and screamed but it was no use. When he opened the basement door, still carrying her she said

"Where are you taking me?!" He didn't answer as he shut the door after him. Donna was in complete darkness until Henry found the light switch and turned on the lights. Donna had only been down to the basement once when they first moved in. There was a long wooden staircase leading down to the concrete room. There wasn't anything in there since they hadn't needed to store anything. Small glass windows lined the walls up close to the ceiling where thin rays of sunlight came through and dimly lit up the room.

He threw her down onto the floor and she sat up on the cold concrete floor. She thought he was going to hurt her but he turned away and went back up the stairs.

"Where are you going?!" she yelled, standing up.

"To kill your boyfriend, I'll be back for you later." he said. Donna heard the door slam and she realized he had trapped her. She hurried to the top of the stairs and pulled on the door knob. He had locked it. She pounded her fists on the door and screamed.

"Let me out!" He was really going to do it. He hadn't just been bluffing. She became hysterical, letting hot tears flow down her face. She hadn't thrown a fit like this in a long time. "LET ME OUT!!" She screamed again, hitting the door harder. The thought of Greg's death made her even crazier.

Henry ignored the sound of her screaming and the loud thuds of her hitting the door. He went into the bedroom and into the closet. He pulled out his old wooden trunk where they had stored an extra pair of bed sheets. He opened it and pulled out the sheets in a hurry, shaking them out. Out from the wraps, a hand gun fell onto the floor. He had hid the gun a year ago by wrapping it in the sheets and storing it in the trunk. He had known even if Donna had gone into the trunk she wouldn't find the gun unless she completely unwrapped the sheets. He had brought it for safety but now he needed it for something completely different. Henry made sure it was loaded and then went to stuff the sheets back into the trunk. He saw a Bruins jersey at the bottom. Confused he pulled it out. He saw the name Campbell across the back and growled in anger. He was determined to get Greg. He would teach Donna to never stray away ever again. He threw the jersey down, picked up the gun and rushed out of the room. She was still pounding on the door when he walked out of the house.
__________________________________________________
Thanks for reading :) Please comment.