Sequel: Family Values
Status: Completed :)

Lead me From the Darkness

Chapter Twenty-Five

October 12th, 2011
Wednesday
Greg's Condo, Boston, MA
10:55 A.M.

Greg was just getting out of the shower when he heard the doorbell ring. Quickly pulling on a shirt and pants he went to the door. On any other day he would have looked through the small peephole to see who was there but feeling lazy he pulled open the door.

All of his senses became alert when he was met with a gun in his face. He felt a hand push him back into the house and heard the door slam. It took him a minute to realize that he was in danger.

Staying on his feet he faced the man who had pushed him. He was shocked to see Henry standing there.  He was tightly holding a black handgun and he had a triumphant look on his face.

"I've finally got you right where I want you." said Henry. "I've been waiting for this." Greg was suddenly very aware of how poorly he was matched up to Henry. Henry was 6'6", very broad, and was holding a loaded gun in his hand. Greg was only 6'0", of average build, and had nothing but a few kitchen knives to defend himself with.

Henry must of sensed the fear in Greg because he smirked and said "I told you to keep away to regret ever talking to Donna." Greg never imagined himself in a situation like this. He'd heard stories from  people about robberies or being faced with a life or death situation but he never thought it could happen to him.

He swallowed, feeling how dry his throat had suddenly become and found his voice. It came out raspy and quiet.

"I came to end what you and Donna started."

"What'd you do to her?" asked Greg.

"Don't worry I haven't killed her yet." Greg's gaze desperately darted around, looking for a possible weapon he could use. He knew how Henry was, he had a big ego and was very full of himself. If Greg asked him questions about his plan, Henry's pride would over take him and he wouldn't be able to keep himself from going on explaining. Greg could buy himself some time and come up with a method to defend himself. His mind was spinning and he struggled to come up with a question.

"How'd you find out about us?" Like Greg had thought Henry couldn't help himself from explaining what he had done. Greg only partially listened as he quickly tried to think of something to do. He saw the small table by the door with a lamp on it. It was behind Henry. Greg went for it. He moved quickly and grabbed it. Greg ripped thalami shade off and swung the lamp into Henry's head. The bulb shattered, sending small bits of glass flying. Henry grunted in pain as he slumped over, holding his head. Greg went back into the living room and into the kitchen. He grabbed a knife from the counter and turned around to see Henry standing there with blood slowly dripping down his head from the fresh wound.

Henry held up the gun and instead of ducking he quickly hit the gun from Henry's hand. He punched Henry in the face, feeling satisfied. Henry didn't seem that affected because he grabbed Greg in a head lock and punched him in the stomach. Greg brought the knife up and sliced open Henry's arm. Henry let go of him and yelled out in pain, seeing the new deep wound in his arm. Greg looked around for where the gun had fallen but couldn't find it.

Donna ran down the street, ignoring the strange and concerned looks she was getting from people. She must of looked horrifying with her torn up bloodied arms, and dissolved appearance but she kept going. The only thing she could think about was if Greg had fought off Henry. She turned down the street he lived on and ran up to his house. Instead of knocking on the door she looked through the front window. She was surprised when she didn't see anything. She went back to the door and gently pulled the doorknob. The door was locked. She went back to the window and was happy to find the window was open. She gently pushed it up and heard from inside the sound of a struggle. She didn't waste any time in climbing through and running into Greg's living room. She saw them both in the kitchen. Henry had Greg on the floor held down by his foot which he had on his chest. They both looked pretty beat up. Henry was bleeding heavily from a head wound and a cut on his arm. Greg had bruises on his face and body. It was clear from how messy the kitchen was that the fight had been contained to that one room. Donna saw Henry looking down at Greg and heard him say

"Goodbye Greg," He held up the handgun and aimed it at Greg who struggled under Henry's weight.

"Go to Hell," said Greg. "I hope Donna leaves you after you get locked up for murder."
_________________________________________________
Thanks for reading :) Please comment.