Sequel: Family Values
Status: Completed :)

Lead me From the Darkness

Chapter Twenty-Seven

October 12th, 2011
Wednesday
Greg's House, Boston, MA
11:45 A.M.

When the police came Henry was immediately arrested. They found him in the kitchen, and Donna and Greg still on the couch together. Greg had slipped out of consciousness and Donna had stayed with him.

Everything was like a blur. Both her and Greg were put in an ambulance. She was given a room in Mass General. She remembered having the deep wounds on her shoulders cleaned and stitched up. She fought to stay awake. She wanted to know how Greg was but the nurses gave her something that made her drowsy and she fell asleep.

When she woke up it didn't take long for her to remember what had happened. She sat up and looked wildly around but the room was empty. She slumped down, wondering if Greg was ok. She jumped in surprise when someone walked in the room. It was Raina.

"Sorry did I scare you?" she asked.

"Ya," she said "It's alright I'm just a little jumpy."

"How are you feeling?" asked Raina. Donna didn't answer and instead said

"Is Greg alright?"

"Yes he's down the hall asleep in his own room." Donna relaxed a little and said

"I'm feeling alright." Raina smiled and said

"Good," Her smile was comforting and reassuring. "Everything's going to be better now." Henry was gone. Donna had finally removed him from her heart and life. She felt free for the first time in three years.

"Do my parents know?"

"You can call them," said Raina. She gave Donna her phone and Donna dialed her mother's number. She was unsure of what she would say when the phone started ringing. She heard her mother's soft clear voice say

"Hello?" She paused for a second and then burst into tears.

"Mom it's Donna," she said through a sob. It would be a long talk and Donna was grateful that Raina was there for her.
_________________________________________________
Thanks for reading :) Please comment.