Sequel: Family Values
Status: Completed :)

Lead me From the Darkness

Chapter Thirty: Epilouge

December 12th, 2011
Monday
The Boston Commons, Boston, MA
3:00 P.M.

Donna steadied herself, carefully balancing her weight on both of her skates. She took small glides on the ice, trying to move further and faster each time. She was focused on the movement of her feet when she felt two big hands grab her waist. She squealed in surprise and heard Greg's deep laughter from behind as he pulled her into him.

"You're doing very good," said Greg. Donna laughed and said

"Soon I'll be skating better than you."

"For sure," said Greg laughing. He skated up next to her and took her hand in his. They skated slowly hand in hand.

It had been Greg's idea to go skating outdoors on the Frog Pond in the Boston Commons. It was nearly Christmas and the whole city was lit up with the excitement of the holidays.

"What are you getting me for Christmas?" asked Donna smiling.

"Absolutely nothing," said Greg kidding around. Donna gave him a playful shove in the chest and said

"Just give me a hint."

"Sorry you'll have to wait and see." said Greg.

"I know what I'm getting you." she said. Donna had bought Greg an Xbox and a few games to go with it. He'd been wanting one ever since he went over to Nathan's house and played Modern Warfare 3 with the team. Ever since she'd gotten a job as a nurse she had been making her own money. She liked her job. She felt accomplished helping people everyday no matter how stressful it could get.

"I want it to be a surprise don't tell me," he said.

"I won't," she said.

Snowflakes started to fall, getting caught in Donna's hair and eyelashes. It started getting heavier and they had to get off the ice. They hurried to the car and quickly jumped inside. They turned on the heater to try and thaw out and instead soaked themselves with the melting snow.

"When we get home I can't wait to have hog chocolate and curl up on the couch." said Donna.

"I am looking forward to the three days off we're having for Christmas," said Greg.

"A full 72 hours I get you to myself," said Donna sarcastically. She was laughing until she saw what street they had turned down. It was her old street. Greg didn't realize it at first. She saw the small playground, and then they passed by the old house. It was like slow motion. The old familiar small brown steps leading up to the big wide wooden doors. Greg realized where they were and said

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry Donna. I wasn't even thinking when I turned down here. I'm so sorry."

"It's ok," said Donna "I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" asked Greg. Donna smiled and said

"Ya don't worry, I'm over it." Donna had completely healed the wound that Henry had left her with. He was out of her life, rotting away in a Boston jail cell somewhere. Of course the gossiping sports news articles still popped up once in awhile. The Bruins Organization stopped selling his shirts and jerseys so the people who had bought them before wore them to games as a joke.

Of course the true story never came out about what had happened. The newspapers came out with the story that Henry had been arrested for domestic abuse and attempted murder. They never said anything about Greg. Everyone assumed the attack had been on Donna.

Donna had been going to a therapist for the past month and found that it really helped her. Henry was nothing to her anymore.

"It's like he doesn't even eddies to me anymore." she said. "It feels like everything that happened was a big dream." Greg smiled and said

"Good, I love you Donna."

"I love you to Greg," she said. The freedom she has been longing for was finally there. Donna had taken her life back.
_________________________________________________
Thanks so much to everyone who's read, commented, and subscribed to this story. I would not be successful with my writing without you guys :)

I plan to write a sequel to this and then after that as some of you know, I'm going to write a collaborated story with Campbell, Lucic, and Horton as a continuation to all my Bruins stories. I'll be posting the first chapter of the sequel to this by Wednesday or Thursday so stay on the lookout for that.

Thanks again to everyone who's followed this story and any other of my work. :) Happy new year everyone! I hope you all had a great 2011 :)