Status: Completed

Lets Learn to Put the Past Behind Us.

I Wanna Let You Know How Much I Feel Your Pain.

Aj's POV:

We've been on tour for five days now. And Im getting back in to the groove  of tour life. Playing a show almost every night is the best job I could ever ask for. 

•••
We made plans to go play paint ball, before the show today.  There were three teams, One for each band and crew. I've never played paint ball, but I heard it hurts a lot when you get hit. I dont handle pain very well, so this will just gives the guys another reason to tease me.  

"You guys ready lose?" A voice said, as  Joel walked up to me and Taylor.

"We aren't going to lose, we're not on your team." I was Never good at come Backs, but I always tried.

"Ohh aren't you clever... But hey Don't worry I'll go easy on ya." Joel said looking down at me, as he walked away. 

I rolled my eyes at him. Taylor raised  her eyebrow at me.

"What?" 

"Ohh, Nothing... " By the look on Taylor's Face I knew what she was thinking. 

I grabbed Taylors arm and pulled her to the rest of the band. We got our paint ball Guns and our masks, we were ready to start this war.

When the horn went off for us to start, my heart raced. Everyone ran in every direction. I didn't care if I hit anyone, as long as I didn't get hit. I hid behind a empty car. As I heard dozens of shots going off.
I know was  being a chicken, but I was scared. 

I couldn't stay here the whole time, so I pulled myself up.  As I started to run,  Kennedy had spotted me. He was aiming right at me. His gun went off, I thought fast and Hit the floor. I fell pretty hard, my knee was throbbing in pain.  I picked myself up off the hard floor, and continued to run. My speed has decreased, and I was  limping. Before I knew it two shots went off,  Both headed for me.  I couldn't move fast enough to escape them.I felt a numbing pain hit my chest, and a splintering pain spread through my neck.  

An Overwhelming amount of tears began to over flow in my eyes. I took off to a brick wall. I pushed my back up against it, and slowly slid down to the ground. My whole body was overcame with pain. I felt warm tears stream down my cheeks, at least no one would be able to tell, with the goggles on.

I heard  heavy footsteps coming up from  behind me. As the footsteps grew louder and closer, I squeezed my eyes close tight. I felt so much pain I couldn't move.  My eyes were sealed shut, and my head was hidden in between my knees. The footsteps stopped, I could feel a presence in front of me. My anticipation of the shot came to a halt , when The sound of laughter filled my ears. My head shot up, standing in front of me was Joel. 

"What are you doing?" Joel asked,  kneeling  down next to me. 

"Being a baby." I was too embarrassed  to meet his gaze.

"Obviously," Joel laughed, "Did you get hit?"

I sniffled, as I shook my head.

Joel  gripped the sides of my goggles, and pulled them off, followed by my mask.  "Aj, What happened?" 

"I- I got hit in the Neck and chest. And I fell and hurt my knee." I stuttered.

"Oh man, that had to hurt." Joel moved to the other side of Me, he examined the nasty mark on my neck. He slowly brought his finger tips to the bruise.  I flinched, at his touch.

"Ouch!"  I cried out.

 "Im sorry Aj!" Joel shot his eyes to meet mine, "Put your stuff back on and I'll walk you out of here."

Joel placed his hands on my sides,  bringing me to my feet. He gripped my body tight as we walked to the exit.  I realized I was over reacting, I could  walk by myself if I wanted. But I let Joel help me anyways.  I looked up at him with a smile, But he couldn't tell.

•••
Joel sat me down on a couch, my
Neck was stinging.

Joel sat down next to me, "Here, we'll put this on your neck." He held plastic bag full of ice against my neck.

It stung, and sent a shiver through my body. I closed my eyes trying to move past the shock.
 
Joel still had the ice bag pressed to my neck, he Moved his other hand  to my chest. He gradually pulled the collar of my Shirt down, reveling a red and purple bruise, under my collar bone.  His fingers traced the outline of the Bruise, His touch was gentle and soft. 

My eyes  opened slowly, and met his. He gave me a cute half smile, "Does it hurt a lot?" 

"Not as bad as it was." I smiled, "It feels a lot better." 

"That's good." His Voice was soft and sweet.

 He made the pain go away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comment by LaneysMoreThanAlive !
Don't forget to read/comment/subscribe. And check out my other fanfics John
Ohh or Jack Barakat ones.

Also check out LaneysMoreThanAlive 's fanfic about The Summer Set! I love it! http://stories.mibba.com/read/411263/Hanging-On-Tight/

Thanks For Reading :)