Status: foREVer

Wicked End

Chapter 1

“We’re moving…”

“To where?” David’s voice filled with fear from this new information.”

“Huntington Beach California… you coming?” David eyes searched Mary for any sign of lying but didn’t find any; as always.

“Will your dad let me?”

“Of course; you know daddy. If I want you to come you’re coming.” To an outsider this would sound bratty but the truth was it was just a stated fact.

Thoughts of how David’s parents would feel ran through his mind before he pushed them aside. He had caused them too much trouble and they wouldn’t care to stop him if he decided to up and leave. With a nod the decision was made then and there that David would in fact leave with Mary and her father to a new town.
___
Mary’s SUV pulled up to the two story mansion. A gasp escaped David’s lips.

“Daddy let me pick it.”

“When did you come here?”

“When your parents made you visit your grandma for the weekend,” she shrugged.

They hopped out of the car and rushed inside to meet her father who had left a day early to set things up; leaving the two teens to drive from the airport to the house in her new vehicle.

She opened the door and David followed her in. Stopping at the living room her father; Anthony Baxter, the biggest crime boss in the country stood in all of his glory with a smile on his face and arms wide for his daughter to take.

“Hey Sweetheart,” he greeted as she wrapped her arms firmly around his waist.

“Daddy,” she answered before they pulled away.

“Sit you two; we’ve got a meeting.” She nodded once before sitting and motioning the other male to follow her lead.

Once everyone was comfortable Anthony cleared his throat.

“We moved for two reasons; one my LA business isn’t doing so great in my absence.”

“What’s wrong with it Daddy?”

“Dumb workers; some want control and others think they can do whatever if I’m not here. I gotta whip ‘em in shape.” The teens nodded understandingly.

“Second; I want a little control here in Huntington; so you two are gonna gather some kids.”

“What do you want us to do Tony?” David asked the man in front of him.

“Just a little drug selling here and there; nothing big that will get my baby in trouble. Y’all know how these Cali kids like to party; they’ll buy.”

Mary nodded.

“Is that all daddy?”

“Here’s some money-“

“I have my credit cards-“

“It’s not to spend… it’s to lure some boys into the game. Try to train ‘em quick will ya? I want you with some goons by the time you start school then you can sell outa your lockers.”

“Out of your lockers?” Ms. Hill asked shocked. “He actually wanted you two to sell drugs from your lockers,” David rolled his eyes.

“Not literally… well not really… he meant from school or places kids hang. It was a code term or slang…” Ms. Hill nodded and let him continue where she had interrupted.


“Will do.” Mary said standing and spinning her keys around her finger.

“Hey Davey,” David looked at Tony with a cocked brow.

Tony handed David a revolver which he slid into the back of his pants before pulling his shirt over it.

“Here, watch my daughter will ya?” He nodded and both males ignored Mary rolling her eyes because they acted as if she wasn’t in the room with them.
___
“What are we looking for?” David asked the younger female beside him.

“A park.” The male snickered at the answer.

“I know your dad wanted kids but I don’t think he meant-“

“Stop being a smartass; it’s almost dark… Teens will be out drinking soon.”

David nodding knowing she was, as she always seemed to be; right. They parked and got out.

“We need them to come to us,” David nodded at her.

He wondered why she seemed so good at this, sure they had recruited kids before but she seemed great at it. He couldn’t help but think maybe four years ago these same tricks were played on him. No! His relationship with Mary was too strong to be just business.

She took a seat at a bench and he sat further away on the same bench but his body faced her slightly so people knew they were together but that they were just friends.

For the next 30 minutes they watched the younger kids thin out and some older ones come and go; none of which Mary took more than a second glance at.

When the sun was completely out of site however they heard a crash. They looked to see 5 boys messing around in the parking lot headed to the park; one had pushed another into a trash can and the rest were hollering with laughter. One had a bottle in his hand showing they were drinking.

“Them,” was all Mary said as she kept her gaze on the group of boys.

“Are you sure? They seem a little… unstable; hard to control. They don’t look like they scare too easily.”

“Well good, well ain’t luring them in with fear anyway.” The way she said the sentence made David’s stomach twist uneasily.

“Give me a cigarette,” with a sigh David did as he was told, as always.

“Need a light-“

“No.”

The boys walked by all glancing at Mary from the corners of their eyes making David stiffen in his seat.

“Hey,” she called.

They all stopped and looked at the two kids.

“One of yous got a light?” Her voice was sickly sweet.

The second biggest nodded. His hair was sticking everywhere and he had a nose stud. He pulled out a lighter and flipped it open lighting the end of the cancer stick.

“Thanks,” she exhaled the smoke at them.

She didn’t make any move to talk to them and David remembered how she needed them to come to her.

“You’re not from around her,” the tallest declared; his blond hair stuck straight up and bright blue dickies covered half of his legs while a bright orange robe kept him warm.

If Mary wasn’t in character she would have smirked; they came to her.

“That obvious?” She chuckled.

“With that accent ya… where you from?” The buffest asked.

His hair was short and slicked back; a lip ring on his lip and even a few tattoos on his arms.

“Jersey,” David answered and the boys seemed to finally notice the other male.

“How’d you up all the way over here?” The shortest asked; he looked the youngest also with his Mohawk.

“Dad’s work made him move,” she shrugged.

They nodded understandingly.

“I’m Marilyn, but only call me Mary and this is David.” She smiled and shook their hands.

They shook David’s hands also.

“I’m Matt,” the buffest announced.

“I’m Brian,” the second buffest said.

“I’m Johnny,” the youngest said.

“I’m Zacky,” the quiet one said; he seemed shy. He had short-ish spiked black hair and a septum piercing with snakebites.

“And I’m Jimmy!” The odd looking one declared.

“Nice to meet you all.” Mary smiled politely.

She had them; but only she knew that already.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment & Subscribe
-Neche Narcissist