Status: Active

Second Chance

Never

“I love you so much Gabrielle.” He whispered, his lips lowering to mine.
“I love you too Siruis.” I whispered.


I woke with a start. I was dreaming of him again. This would do me no good, but it had been so real. I could still feel his lips covering mine.

I gave a heavy sigh as I threw my legs over the side of the bed, my bare feet meeting with the cold floor as I stood and walked through the darkened house and into the kitchen and only then lighting the room.

I put the kettle on and sat at the table waiting for the water to heat. A cup of tea would do good to calm my nerves. I brought Remus’ letter in front of me and read it over one last time. I summoned a piece of parchment, quill and ink to me and began to write my reply.

Remus,
Congratulations on receiving a job teaching at Hogwarts! You will do beautifully! You were always wonderful at teaching. If it wasn’t for you, I’m sure I would have failed Transfigurations and History. I have the utmost faith that you will be able to teach the students and there is no need to worry. Dumbledore will have everything already arranged. You were able to go to school without any trouble, what makes you think now will be any different?
You worry too much darling. We should meet for lunch before you go. I feel I haven’t seen you in ages!
Always,
Gabe


Finally after signing the letter I summoned my tea to me. I finally dared look at the clock; it read 3:00 A.M. There was no way of me getting anymore sleep tonight. It wouldn’t be fair to send the letter now in hopes Remus was awake and would floo to keep me company so I set it aside till the proper hour to wake the man.

I once again rose to my tired feet and made my way to the sitting room, where I turned on the small radio, hoping for some good news in these dark days. Soft music poured through the dark house, it was a good sign, no disappearances or deaths to announce. I lay down on the couch, setting my tea on the table next to the radio and stared at the walls around me. There was the odd picture, mostly of Remus and me, the others were too painful to put up, and the random painting, all muggle of course, she didn’t need anyone else commenting on her odd habits, but this wasn’t a home. I hadn’t had a home for twelve long years.

I thought back on the dream that had woke me. It was the night of James and lily’s wedding. Sirius and I were dancing with the other happy couples. Everything had been so simple, so perfect. Remembering that night and the feelings that man had brought out in me tore me apart to think it was all a lie. How could someone look at you like that and not really mean any of it?
“He never loved me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This idea just came to me today. I hope you guys like it. I don't like to be one of those writers that says they'll only update if they get comments or whatever, because I update when I can/feel inspired, but some feedback is always helpful!